JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 16.10.2019, 19:28
yurikus

Thumbs up Twitch: parallel downloads and defer mux

Hi,

I was experimenting with Twitch plugin and noticed that I can greatly increase download speeds if I schedule all 10 second .ts chunks as separate files. I assume I would be able to run ffmpeg to mux them together into a single .mp4 file.

Request: Add an option to use alternate download/mux logic to download in parallel first, then mux. For long (multi-hour) streams this would allow me to grab the whole stream before Twitch blanks out the audio chunks.
Old 16.10.2019, 19:45
JD Manager

This idea requires major changes for HLS support because we first have to download the individual segments and remember which ones has already been download. Also download requires twice/x-time the size because you first download all segments, and then have to mux them into final file. Because you already have all segments on disk, it would be silly to delete them during muxing but wait for mux to complete. That way we can stop/restart the mux process without restarting the whole download.

Also more parallel connections might increase chances that server/twitch take a look how to block downloads

Old 16.10.2019, 20:06
yurikus

Makes sense thanks. I am aware of the risks, hence wanted to make this a advanced-only setting. I'm fine with 2x disk usage and extra CPU time.
Old 16.10.2019, 20:32
yurikus

wrt https://svn.jdownloader.org/issues/85472, simple concat of those .ts file doesn't produce a playable video.
Old 16.10.2019, 20:38
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurikus View Post
wrt https://svn.jdownloader.org/issues/85472, simple concat of those .ts file doesn't produce a playable video.
depends on the used coded/and how the container got split. for some it works, for others it doesn't