JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 25.09.2010, 07:25
DSL User

Default "Delete compressed after extraction" - RAR only?

Zips are not being deleted - only RARS after extraction - can we delete ZIP too plz?
Old 25.09.2010, 10:30
remi

Cool

The files in .zip archives aren't extracted by jD Unrar.

Why would you like to remove them when you just downloaded them?
Old 17.10.2010, 04:22
DSL User

If the program is smart enough to unzip the file, it should be smart enough to delete it - the same way the unrar does :(
I want all my files deleted upon completion, if the files need to be joined (.001, .002, .003) or if they are ZIPs - it would be nice to see the files deleted.
Old 17.10.2010, 08:45
Black Hole

JDownloader does not yet extract zip files is what's being said.
Old 17.10.2010, 10:29
JD English Support (inactive)

Please re-read remi's message.
------------------------------
Your suggestion is already a Feature Request in the BugTracker.

The current version of JDownloader cannot open any archive formats except for RAR. That means that ZIP files will not be extracted or deleted.

When multiple files are merged, that is a separate addon that (I personally expect) will be merged with a new extraction addon in the future (when we add 7z, zip, gz, tgz, and some other archive formats). Until then, JD will not have the capacity to delete split parts that have been merged.

The most common split format HJsplit is fatally flawed as a data format. It just splits the files as the specified byte count, without adding any index or recovery information. This means that there is no way to look at a collection of split files and know for sure that they are all to be merged into one file or that all of the splits for a file are in the directory. At least with a RAR or ZIP archive, there is an index to check and missing parts will cause error messages.

Once the JDownloader database contains explicit records for MirrorLists and Assemblies, then those can be used to identify the files that are used in one merge operation.
-------------
In summary, there are some necessary core improvements in JDownloader required to do what you ask correctly (upgraded Download Engine, upgraded Database, adding more information to the database, and rewriting JD unrar to become JD Assemble (which will merge or extract several formats).
Old 31.10.2010, 15:37
DSL User

Thank you - I would love to see all my files joined )and deleted!) , appreciate it