JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 05.04.2013, 19:35
Baby Loader

Default No Internet Connection Screen

Every time my comp wakes from sleep I get this screen pop up and its become very annoying could someone advise how to prevent this from happening

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Thanks
Old 06.04.2013, 20:03
Baby Loader

Nothing? Really?
Old 07.04.2013, 01:57
Jc18

Same problem here

Windows XP 32x
Old 07.04.2013, 02:12
dieterd

and here - started today. It's popping up like every 2 minutes - I can't see anywhere in settings how this can be set to anything else.
Old 07.04.2013, 02:29
Dag0d

same here

evertime i try to update the no connection screen pops up!

i use a mac with 10.8.3

nothing else changed, it started today!
Old 07.04.2013, 02:32
Spanish Supporter

seems like the server is down for maintenance, please be patient and wait for a developer reply.

Best Regards,
Old 07.04.2013, 02:38
Junior Loader

Same here.

My current/last version:
- kernel: 20329
- launcher: 1809
- appwork utilities: 1603
- browser: 20307
- updater: 360
Old 07.04.2013, 02:46
Spanish Supporter

The problem isn't with JDownloader 2, the problem is with the server.

Core: #20411
launcher: #1850
appwork utilities: #1613
browser: #20307
updater: #362
Old 07.04.2013, 03:03
sacansjasdfld

Default Disable "No Connection" popup window?

So how do I disable this stupid crap?

It pops up randomly and frequently, even when JD2 is downloading at a constant rate. It is monumentally annoying.
Old 07.04.2013, 03:27
ZangetsuBR

I'm having the same problem, could someone help me? I thank you.

I use System is Windows 8 Pro x64

Last edited by ZangetsuBR; 07.04.2013 at 03:30.
Old 07.04.2013, 04:10
English Supporter

I think it is UpdateSettings.autoupdatecheckenabled in Advanced Settings near bottom of the list.
Old 07.04.2013, 04:22
clown3

Same error here....really annoying and hardly bearable.... . Just let it, be pull it to the border....however JD2 ist still doing his job. We should keep on mind it´s a beta with possible bugs. Unfortunately I could not stop this pop up by deactivating all update modules.

Quote:
The problem isn't with JDownloader 2, the problem is with the server.
Yes, if it is caused by a server problem, JD2 doesn´t need to pop up in a 2-3 minutes intervall. This "feature" - in this case it seems to be also a JD2 problem - should be fixed, ´cause I don´t need permanent update check.

Quote:
I think it is UpdateSettings.autoupdatecheckenabled in Advanced Settings near bottom of the list.
Also disabled, but it doesn´t work! I even disabled everything with "update" but the window is still popin´ up.

Hopefully waitin´ for a very soon fix!!!

Last edited by clown3; 07.04.2013 at 04:27.
Old 07.04.2013, 06:23
Spanish Supporter

I think the problem was solved, It seems the server is up again.
Old 07.04.2013, 15:36
Junior Loader

Great, thanks for the fast fix!
Old 09.04.2013, 09:31
Linkgrabbing Monster

Thumbs down

It is definitely NOT "fixed" - as was previously stated, if the problem is caused by the JD *server* being down, then there should be an option in JD2 to IGNORE it. This pop-up has been going almost constantly over the past few days.

If there isn't already a setting to disable it, it *can't* be that hard to create a small update to do so. This is just simply ridiculous.

VERY simple logic to have it ping a common site (like maybe Google), to see if there IS an internet connection, if there is, then it *doesn't* pop-up - simple as that.

Don't burned the user with a *constant* pop-up because there is a problem with the server.

Thank you.
Old 09.04.2013, 09:39
lee_terry_jr

Default Warning!

I just started having trouble with JDownloader 2 beta. It was working fine until I ran ccleaner but then it gave me this message "jdownloader can't connect to update.appwork.org". I am guessing having the option checked to clean java was the cause so I unchecked it. I searched for this problem after and didnt find any help. So I had to uninstall JDownloader 2 (I used a program that will uninstall all traces of the program just to be sure) and re-install it again after. It would have been nice if someone had warned me about that before hand but since nobody did I thought I would warn all of you. I use ccleaner with ccenhancer which will add more options to ccleaner. So it might have been an added function but I am not sure.
Old 09.04.2013, 10:52
English Supporter

See post #11, just checked, still works for me.

One advantage of JD2 is the instant auto update, pop up is intended so users will know that something is wrong.
Old 09.04.2013, 12:44
rrogntudjû

Thumbs down Recurrent problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony2long View Post
See post #11, just checked, still works for me.

One advantage of JD2 is the instant auto update, pop up is intended so users will know that something is wrong.
Yes for me it works also with auto-updates unchecked, but only because Coalado has reopened my thread considered as solved and CLOSED to fix that: http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=45804 if we are still waiting to raztoki it still did not works at all. So annoying to have always popups, each similar popup must have always its own option somewhere it can't bother us, it can't cry all the time, one time ok but we need to say STOP NOW I KNOW! Downloads in progress are more important than any popup particularly those about instant auto-update we do not need yet and most of the time needing a restart. Now Appwork server works ok, but what about annoying popups each time we can't disable? really tired to see threads marked as solved when they are not! Also if its a "server" problem why induce people in error with a popup saying you have a "connection" problem and giving a choice to change it, direct or http etc...??? Before i asked we can choose also manual update only auto-update was not a problem, my thread was ignored and closed... and now the only solution we have is to keep it unchecked just for a crazy popup... it makes absolutely no sense!!!

Last edited by rrogntudjû; 09.04.2013 at 18:54.
Old 09.04.2013, 14:40
JD Legend

This is a completely unnecessary message, and yet it happens repeatedly - for example today I had to click on Cancel in some cases in a short time. For those, who do request it or use special connection/host/port/authorization and want this, please define settings, maybe in advanced settings.
Old 10.04.2013, 01:04
clown3

I solved the problem by deactivating all the automatic update processes. Now I can use JD2 without annoying pop ups and also without almost permanent connection to the update server. Before I shut down the PC I do updates manually.