JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 04.01.2017, 15:01
madcowpig

Default relink.to actually file host urls

relink.to holds all different hosts in one container.

Using this link as the example.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

I drag and drop the link into JD.

When JD decrypts, there is no actual url to file host, instead you get these two links.

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

So, when I use "Open in Browser" I can only open those links, instead of a link to OpenLoad or FileFactory, for example.

My request is, can you guys please make it an option to view those links? For other websites like this, JD already does this. If for some reason you can't, that's fine as well. Thank you.

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 17:45.
Old 04.01.2017, 15:42
English Supporter

settings > user interface > download link display order
else
download from > double click the object it will show you.

if the link is from containers the real url wont be shown.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 04.01.2017, 17:21
madcowpig

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
settings > user interface > download link display order
I actually already learned this from you by searching the forums a while ago.

Quote:
else
download from > double click the object it will show you.
I did this before and that's why I said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcowpig View Post
When JD decrypts, there is no actual url to file host, instead you get these two links.

That's all that came up when I double clicked.

Quote:
Is this particular website a container? When I go through the website using Mozilla Firefox, I can see the actual link to openload.co, for example, so is there any way to have JD do the same? Or is this limited to browser only? Either way, thank you for the answers.

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 17:45. Reason: Added a comma.
Old 04.01.2017, 17:48
madcowpig

Quote:
Or is this limited to browser only?
I just checked and JD can definitely display these links, because I found this in the "linkcollector.zip".

""sourceUrls" : [ "**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**", "**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**", "**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**/" ]"

Why doesn't JD display them in the GUI?

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 17:45.
Old 04.01.2017, 19:51
JD Manager

Quote:
Because the urls are marked as protected by relink plugin, the urls are not visible in gui. Same happens for containers.
Old 04.01.2017, 19:05
madcowpig

Alright, I just found out a really easy and simple work around to get what I want. Why don't you guys have JD do this automatically? It literally takes me 20 extra seconds to get JD to show the actual URLs, but why even do that when you guys can make it automatic?

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 17:46.
Old 04.01.2017, 19:53
JD Manager

Quote:
Alright, I just found out a really easy and simple work around to get what I want. Why don't you guys have JD do this automatically? It literally takes me 20 extra seconds to get JD to show the actual URLs, but why even do that when you guys can make it automatic?
Because there are reasons ppl use linkcrypter/hide services. Of course JDownloader has to know the real url in order to process/download it but there is no reason to provide it to the user who just wants to download the file. If they want to access the real url there are many other ways (not even required to use JDownloader at all)
Old 04.01.2017, 20:21
madcowpig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Because there are reasons ppl use linkcrypter/hide services.
That's very vague. What possible reason could you have to draw the line there? I'm honestly asking. I don't see the difference between this and anything else JD does. JD bypasses ads and causing more heavy bandwidth on websites and so on. So I could also say there are "reason" they have ads and other limitations, but JD doesn't have any problem undermining this?

Quote:
Of course JDownloader has to know the real url in order to process/download it but there is no reason to provide it to the user who just wants to download the file.
But when you guys fall behind on plugin updates, since you're obviously busy, using "Open in Browser" makes the process quick and easy until you guys have time to update the plugins, but we can't use "Open in Browser" when you block the URLs. That's the reason I use it for.

Quote:
If they want to access the real url there are many other ways (not even required to use JDownloader at all)
Any recommendations?

Honestly, simply extracting linkcollector.zip and using a .bat file to rename and combine the files into a single .txt and copy and pasting that into JD takes me only 7 seconds extra (Thanks to .bat file for reduced time.) and now JD has all the links completely unprotected. And that is simply one of the workarounds. Since it's so simple to do and any one who wants to do can do it anyways so easily, why not just add it to JD for people who want to use it for legitimate purposes?

Anyways, thanks for all the work you guys do and hope everyone's having a happy new year.

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 17:46. Reason: Added a comma.
Old 05.01.2017, 02:16
Community Manager

We just don't want to be used as a tool by people who abuse urls.

Sorry for the small usability issue here but without JDownloader, it would be even harder for users to keep track of their links so I don't see a big problem here.

If you want to see these urls, yoiu can simply change our code (and yes, ironically other people can do this too - and abuse it - it is how it is!).

Also keep in mind that in the past, every URL added via decrypter (e.g. also via pastebin or a simply redirector) was not directly accessible - ALL "decrypted" urls were protected in JDownloader but now, only some are "protected".

GreeZ pspzockerscene
EDIT

About "other ways":
If you failed to check the linkcollector file, you could easily Wireshark JDownloader or use other tools to find the original URLs.
There is no real protection against this.

DLC2 was planned - that was supposed to finally be a better link protection but unfortunately, focus has been changed to other things.

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 05.01.2017 at 02:19.
Old 05.01.2017, 09:05
madcowpig

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
We just don't want to be used as a tool by people who abuse urls.
I understand and can respect this. I still don't agree with it, because anyone who would want to abuse links can easily do it already and whether JD shows urls or not, it will have no impact on people abusing URLs. The only people this affects are people like me who want to use it when plugins a broken.

Quote:
Sorry for the small usability issue here but without JDownloader, it would be even harder for users to keep track of their links so I don't see a big problem here.
No problem. I don't disagree all I'm saying is you guys aren't preventing anything because someone like me who has very, very limited insight on anything to do with coding can bypass this in less than 10 seconds, so there is no point.

Quote:
If you want to see these urls, yoiu can simply change our code (and yes, ironically other people can do this too - and abuse it - it is how it is!).
I don't know how to do this, but like you said here to reiterate my point, people can easily abuse it, so blocking links is only small inconvenience for casual users like myself, not doing anything to people trying to harm sites.

Quote:
Also keep in mind that in the past, every URL added via decrypter (e.g. also via pastebin or a simply redirector) was not directly accessible - ALL "decrypted" urls were protected in JDownloader but now, only some are "protected".
I knew this already from searching and reading the forums a while back. I appreciate that you guys have shown leniency on this issue in the past.

Quote:
If you failed to check the linkcollector file, you could easily Wireshark JDownloader or use other tools to find the original URLs.
There is no real protection against this.
I'm not familiar with Wireshark, but like I said earlier, I can reenter the links into JD, completely unprotected using a .bat file in under ten seconds, so it's not really an issue for me considering the workaround is so quick.

Quote:
DLC2 was planned - that was supposed to finally be a better link protection but unfortunately, focus has been changed to other things.
Thank the "focus" gods for shifting your attention. All hail the "focus" gods.

Thank you for all the answers, psp. I really appreciate it. I respect the team's decisions, but I hope in the future you guys reconsider and add this feature in the advanced settings, so only a few people find and use it. Happy New Year!!!

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 17:46.
Old 05.01.2017, 11:21
JD Manager

Mgpai created a script to copy url to clipboard via eventscipter. You can ask him for help.
JDownloader will only provide/show the url that the user added
Plain in -> Plain out
Crypted in -> Crypted out
Container in -> Nothing out.

Of course it is very easy to bypass it/workaround to get the links but JDownloader is a download manager and no decrypter.
Old 05.01.2017, 16:06
madcowpig

Quote:
Of course it is very easy to bypass it/workaround to get the links but JDownloader is a download manager and no decrypter.
Quote:
JDownloader will only provide/show the url that the user added
Plain in -> Plain out
Crypted in -> Crypted out
Container in -> Nothing out.
If the police pull me over and say I'm drunk and I have to recite this, to not go to jail, I'll avoid jail no matter how drunk I am. HAHAHA I swear I've seen this a hundred times while searching the forums.

Quote:
My point was since it's so easy, as you agree it is, you blocking links isn't preventing anyone from doing any harm, so it doesn't make any sense to do so. People will abuse links no matter if you block links or not. You say JD isn't a decrypter, it also isn't an ad bypasser, yet it bypasses ads making uploaders and websites lose money and you have no moral issue with this. JD also isn't a download limit bypasser, but you guys allow "automatic refresh" to change IP and bypass this limit as well as other tricks like "Do not send application identifier?" in the mega.co.nz plugin. This causes heavy bandwidth on their servers so they have to pay more money to maintain them and dissuades people from buying premium accounts, which takes money away from them, but you have no moral issues with this. I can keep going on and on. I don't understand why you say JD isn't a "decrypter" and draw the line here, when you have no problem doing it for many other functions like the ones I mentioned above. It just seems hypocritical.

Anyways, this wasn't meant to change your mind or anything, since you're clearly set in your ways. I was just showing how it doesn't make sense from the outside looking in. At the moment, this isn't too important, since the bypass is ridiculously easy and fast. Also, I only wanted this for when the plugins are broken, which they aren't at the moment, so I don't need to bypass it at the moment.

Since you guys won't change this now, I'll just have to wait for my next birthday to make a wish when I blow out the candles. Then it will happen. HAHAHA Like JR once said, "If fishes were wishes, then the world would be an ocean." Thank you for all of the work you do and have a great and productive 2017.

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 17:47. Reason: Added a comma.
Old 05.01.2017, 19:05
JD Manager

Try the following. Select a single link and CTRL+C. It should copy what you want

Last edited by Jiaz; 05.01.2017 at 19:07.
Old 06.01.2017, 14:45
madcowpig

Quote:
Try the following. Select a single link and CTRL+C. It should copy what you want
Thanks for the tip, but a single link isn't really helpful when you're trying to copy hundreds. I appreciate the tip regardless, because they say it's the thought that counts. Also, "CTRL+C" only copies the container link,

No worries though. I'm also going to look into what psp said.

Quote:

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 17:49. Reason: Added a comma.
Old 06.01.2017, 14:57
JD Manager

Found a bug in Copy. Single Copy should be able to return the url, as a compromise. Will fix it
Old 06.01.2017, 17:46
madcowpig

Quote:
Found a bug in Copy. Single Copy should be able to return the url, as a compromise. Will fix it
Beggars can't be choosers. Thanks.

Last edited by madcowpig; 15.01.2017 at 17:49.
Old 09.01.2017, 20:23
madcowpig

Quote:
Can you change the thread prefix in the title to "[See Bugtracker]" until this is fixed? Thanks in advanced.

P.S. This is my first time writing in the forums from work. I feel like a secret agent. HAHAHA

Old 06.01.2017, 17:55
madcowpig

Quick question, if I delete 5 of the 6 linkcollector.zip files while JD is running, will this cause any problems/corruption?

Old 06.01.2017, 17:59
JD Manager

short answer: no You can change number in Advanced Settings, search for keep
Old 06.01.2017, 18:04
madcowpig

Quote:
short answer: no You can change number in Advanced Settings, search for keep
Aw man, and I was really looking forward to the long answer. Thank you very, very much for that Advanced Settings tip. You made my workaround take literally 1 second now. Time to go abuse the shit out of URLs. HAHAHAHA

P.S. I'm just joking about abusing URLs. Legitimate proposes only.