JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 17.10.2012, 21:59
Mega Loader

Unhappy Doesn't remember window position

Everytime I start JDownloader 2, it centers the window on the destop. It doesn't remember its last position. I didn't have this problem with JDownloader 1.
I have a 23" monitor and I use 1920x1080 resolution. I pile up some windows on the right side of the screen, and pile the rest to the left side. JD2 always ruin this organization. Please make it remember its last position.
Old 18.10.2012, 15:00
Polish Supporter

Saving position should work.

Position(s) on the screen is stored in cofnig file:
CFG/org.jdownloader.settings.GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings.lastframestatus.json
(CFG is subfolder in JD main folder).
This file is saved when on exit from JD.

Example:
{
"extendedState" : "NORMAL",
"width" : 1903,
"height" : 839,
"x" : 1,
"visible" : true,
"y" : 34,
"silentShutdown" : false,
"screenID" : "\\Display0",
"locationSet" : true,
"focus" : false,
"active" : true
}

Bold values are current screen positions.

Remember these values before you start JD, then start it, move to the desired position and
exit JD and check this values again.
If they are still the same - then something is blocking JD to write back config - maybe this file is read only? OS blocking writing when started from within Program Files?
Old 18.10.2012, 17:07
Mega Loader

Thumbs up

Something strange happened.

First I accidentally opened the org.jdownloader.settings.GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings.json file, of course none of the variables in your message wasn't there. I added five of them (visible, x, y, width and height), and assigned different values to four of them (x=0, y=0, width=1460 and height=1060). Nothing happened. Tried different things but those variables naturally didn't change. The start up window size was still the same (didn't change in any parameter).

Then I came back to this topic to post the results of my tests. Then I realized that I worked on the wrong file. Then I removed those five variables from the wrong file and opened the correct file. All the variables were already there. But the strange thing is that, values of the variables in that file were x=0, y=0, width=1460 and height=1060! Couldn't be a coincidence, right? I changed width to 1600, I started JD, I saw that its width really increased on the right side. Before closing JD, I changed window width by GUI, after closing JD, the width in the .json file was changed automatically. And since then, windows size is being remembered. No problem at the moment.

I didn't do anything else other than I told above. The file wasn't read-only from the beginning. I'm the system administrator, so it couldn't be file access error.

My problem is solved, but this message can be a reference to the developers if someone else comes with a similar problem.
Old 14.01.2013, 21:55
DSL Light User

Why is it not possible to have negative coordinates? Like:
"x" : -4,
"y" : -6,
JD2 always opens in the center of the screen, if there are negative coords in the ...lastframestatus.json.
BUT(!) if I close JD2 when it's in this position, the negative values will be stored in the .json. So only problem is when opening / reading from json.
Can you please look into this? As far as I know, JD1 did not have this issue.
Old 14.01.2013, 22:03
Mega Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johsnon View Post
Why is it not possible to have negative coordinates? Like:
"x" : -4,
"y" : -6,
JD2 always opens in the center of the screen, if there are negative coords in the ...lastframestatus.json.
BUT(!) if I close JD2 when it's in this position, the negative values will be stored in the .json. So only problem is when opening / reading from json.
Can you please look into this? As far as I know, JD1 did not have this issue.
Yes. Recently also I identified this syndrome. I was about to report it here anytime soon. My problem was with negative coordinates in the first place. When I place top-left corner of the JD window at the top-left corner of the screen, its coordinates become negative. So the JD window starts centered in next application start.