JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 13.10.2016, 03:28
Exa Loader

Default problems with usenet "host"

1) If a segment fails in a file the entire download of that file fails, yes, the file is bad, but this prevents (or make more difficult) par2 repairs. Download all the sgments possible to download, either fill in 0s for the missing parts or just append to the file and let par2 try to do its magic.

2) Similarly, if a segment fails in a file, the output is deleted. Again, this make par2 repair needlessly difficult or impossible.

3) If segment yenc hash check fails the segment is considered failed and the file is marked as failed. It was very common, especially amongst early posting software for their to be bugs in the yenc hash creation so even files that are good will have bad yenc hashes.

Pretty sure I reported these 6+ months ago, but they are still there, reporting them again in case they dropped through the cracks.
Old 13.10.2016, 10:28
JD Manager

I will add option to specify allowed missing/lost bytes/segments/%. As JDownloader does not yet support PAR2 natively, I've decided to treat missing/wrong hash as file issues like on normal downloads as well.

I will work on them soon. Thanks again for testing usenet feature and providing valuable feedback!

Old 13.10.2016, 10:28
JD Manager

Could you please send me example NZB files with missing/broken yenc hashes to support@jdownloader.org ?
Old 13.10.2016, 16:24
Exa Loader

I dont mind the file being marked bad at the end (as if you downloaded the whole file and it failed the final hash check), I just dont think it should stop downloading. Treating a yenc segment fail in the same regards shouldnt be much different, i.e. ignore the yenc segment hash, it will either pass or fail the final hash check and that's really what you care about I'd think.

I'll also try to find nzb's that exhibit this behavior, have seen them in the past and know older nzb software had to deal with it back in the day. i.e. newsbin pro will log the yenc failure but will keep the data as is.

Last edited by thetoad; 13.10.2016 at 16:40.
Old 13.10.2016, 16:59
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback. I will work on it soon. Will provide feedback here
Old 13.10.2016, 20:59
Exa Loader

another issue is if a segment is missing the file is marked as unavailable, that's also problematic for trying to do par repair, should be treated as a segment that just fails to download.