JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 25.08.2021, 16:30
JD Alpha

Smile Numbering images from web galleries

I used to use Bulk Image Downloader but have decided to switch to this one as it is not only free but also seems to work with some of the file hosts Bulk Image Downloader doesn't work with.

The way you download a gallery is you copy the links of all the images (either through Javascript or through Linkclump chrome extension).

I've worked with Jdownloader in the past so I kind of know this and that, but nothing major.

Anyway, what I want to do is to download image galleries and number the images from 1 to however many images there are, in the same order the links were fed to the link grabber. The reason I need them numbered is because many galleries name their images using random strings ("fds78f.jpg", "qef43fs.jpg" etc.). What that means is once you download them, the original ordering of the gallery will be disrupted.

I followed this thread, which tells you to create a packagizer rule:
Quote:
create a rule that matches the links you want to *auto index* and
-set filename to
<jd:indexof>-<jd:orgfilename>
This works but it's not quite right. It is reversed, meaning that the last image gets named 01.jpg, the one before that 02.jpg etc. Here is what I mean using a gallery that has its images properly numbered (as opposed to using random strings like I mentioned earlier):

Image isn't showing up, here is a text representation:
Quote:
[-] Gallery name
01-yuka041.jpg
02-yuka040.jpg
03-yuka039.jpg
04-yuka038.jpg
05-yuka037.jpg
As you can see it says "01-yuka041.jpg", while the actual first file is the last - "41-yuka001.jpg"

Is there anyway to have the numbers in the order the links were when pasted into LinkGrabber?

Don't get me wrong, I can easily write a Javascript that gets me the links in reverse order (and set the Linkclump extension to do as well), so that when I paste them into Linkgrabber, it reverses them back to normal and yields the correct result. Though it would be great if I can this to work normally.

Last edited by hishtnik011; 25.08.2021 at 16:40.
Old 25.08.2021, 16:41
JD Manager

Can you please provide real example links? Maybe the site is already supported by native plugin, so we can check/fix it?
Or we can check/add support for it?
At least we can reproduce and better help you
Old 25.08.2021, 16:43
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hishtnik011 View Post
Anyway, what I want to do is to download image galleries and number the images from 1 to however many images there are, in the same order the links were fed to the link grabber.
There are no guarantees about processing order of the links as JDownloader optimizes the input(order) and heavily uses multithreading to process them.
You could easily use https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...ame-via-anchor
method to provide own names or additional meta information for naming scheme
Old 25.08.2021, 16:46
JD Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Can you please provide real example links? Maybe the site is already supported by native plugin, so we can check/fix it?
Or we can check/add support for it?
At least we can reproduce and better help you
Are 18+ galleries allowed? I can give you the name of the website which is filled with nothing but galleries and you could pick whichever you like (most other sites like this use the exact same format).

Last edited by hishtnik011; 25.08.2021 at 16:50.
Old 25.08.2021, 16:48
JD Alpha

Quote:
There are no guarantees about processing order of the links as JDownloader optimizes the input(order) and heavily uses multithreading to process them.
You could easily use **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
The ordering actually seems to work and is consistent for me. Other than the numbers being reversed, it's working perfectly. Like I said, I paste all the links manually into image grabber and assign a name for the folder they will be downloaded in.
Old 25.08.2021, 17:03
JD Alpha

Quote:
You could easily use **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
This works as well, I just tested it. "#filename=" can be easily added to each link through javascript when getting the links.
Old 25.08.2021, 17:06
Community Manager

Quote:
Are 18+ galleries allowed?
Sure.
Only mods of this forum can see your URLs.

Quote:
This works as well, I just tested it. "#filename=" can be easily added to each link through javascript when getting the links.
Nice!

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 25.08.2021, 17:14
JD Manager

Quote:
The ordering actually seems to work and is consistent for me.
It may work but as explained, there are no guarantees about it
Old 25.08.2021, 17:55
JD Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
Sure.
Only mods of this forum can see your URLs.
Nice!
Quote:
It may work but as explained, there are no guarantees about it
Well, if you still need it, here it is:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**THIS is the main site I use. Like I said, it's basically just galleries, so you can pick whichever you like.

Though when I'm looking for something specific I go through a search engine, and there are a few sites similar to this that I look for. The other ones (**External links are only visible to Support Staff**site1, **External links are only visible to Support Staff**site2) are forums, but in each gallery, they all just post a bunch of image thumbnails, each of which is wrapped in a link tag (in html), which sends you to whatever the image host is where the full image is stored.

My settings in Jdownloader are all stock, except for the disabled clipboard monitoring, enabled silent mode, and that little packgizer trick to rename the files.

When downloading a gallery, I copy all those image links I mentioned above from the gallery and place them into link grabber. There, I also paste the title of the gallery as the Package Name and have the "Information overrides Packagizer rules" checked off.

Prior to the thing Jiaz pointed out in the quoted post above, my packagizer rule was this:
Quote:
If the following condition is met:
Matches on any file or link...
Then set
Filename: <jd:packagename>-<jd:indexof>-<jd:orgfilename>
This is what resulted in the filenames being reversed ("packagename-01-image90.jpg", "packagename-90-image1.jpg"

**************************************************************************************************** ************************

Just for the record, now the Packagizer rule looks like this and it works perfectly, as long as you add #custnum= to each link with the correct number.
Quote:
If the following condition is met:
Sourceurl(s): *#custnum=*
Then set
Filename: <jd:packagename>-<jd:source:2>-<jd:orgfilename>
Anyway, I don't even know if you need all this info since this was resolved but it could help others too if they see this post and it could help you if you decide to test this.

Special thanks to Jiaz. His second post about Modifying filename via anchor in URL makes this completely certain.
Old 25.08.2021, 19:14
JD Manager

Thanks for sharing your detailed feedback! In case you need further help, just let us know
You can also create/use Linkcrawler rules to *teach* JDownloader about those URLs, see
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...le-deepdecrypt
that way you can simply copy them and JDownloader will do the rest