JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 17.09.2015, 00:49
noone1

Default [JD2] new to JD, lot of little questions...

Hello world!

I'm new to JD2 (win7/jre1.8), but for what I can see now, it's very nice, thank you for all your job!
The menu customizer is a great tool too!

So, sorry, I have few questions, but the first will be : is there any tuto/sticky somewhere where we could learn about all the options/config, etc..? I guess it's sommewhere and I could find answers in it but didn't find it...

Then, I would like to know :

- where is the option to disable auto-download when adding a link? I unchecked 'auto-downloads at start', but apparently it deals only with the startup of JD.
I also found the 'add new links to download' in the menu customizer/right click menu/link grabber tables but where ever I put it in the menu it won't show up in the right click menu...

- is there/will there be the possibility to keep links in 'link grabber', in a kind of temp log, even if we close JD? Sometimes I forget to add links or I have to reboot, etc.. and then loose all the last one.

- is it/will it be possible to create new package inside new package inside new package..?

- is there themes/color schemes somewhere..?

- I didn't see options for update, is it manual or auto? I don't know if it is linked but at startup, I have message "validating install" and java prompts to connect

- and a last one there is a great amount of plugins but it still take time to load at startup, and I use only few oh them, could it possible to desactivate all and just use the ones needed?

Thank you for your reading
Old 17.09.2015, 03:14
English Supporter

We don't have tutorials at this stage. we have some information mentioned on our support ticket system front end https://support.jdownloader.org/ (knowledge base). And a lot of information can be also found on this forum by keyword search.

Linkgrabber > quick settings pane (typically bottom right hand corner screwdriver X spanner) 'auto confirm' and 'auto start downloads' are the primary settings to deal with. You can also toggle options by holding ctrl (maybe command in mac), so you don't need to keep changing setting of the odd link.

JD2 preserves links in linkgrabber, you should have found that out by just restarting client. Links add, you either add to download tab, or you can leave them there.. they will stay there until you delete them or add them. No log required.

no there is no nested packages, nor will that come. This has been covered in some other threads on the forum.

themes/styles, yes
settings > advanced settings > GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings: Look And Feel Theme
just be aware that we only design to the default, others may or may not work well.
We also give many options to change features colour without changing theme,
settings > advanced settings > use keyword 'LAF'

updates will happen automatically for plugins and silently no notification, no client restart required any longer. Core updates will flash on the toolbar, you can click to install. installing requires restart. Think default settings auto download > auto install when client closes. Next time you start it should have core updates loaded

Plugins no longer auto load, this has been covered on the forum numerous times also. Cache system holds the info we need in order to start client. This is one of the primary reasons why JD2 is way faster in load times. Plugin class is only referenced when required. There is no user enabling / disabling of plugins, they are all available.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 18.09.2015, 02:11
noone1

I finally found the download all/add to download list next to the spanner! (and have learned a new word in english ) and also found some threads about the graphical user interface colors, will try

thank you for all your answers!
Old 18.09.2015, 10:29
JD Manager

You are welcome!