JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 09.08.2022, 15:11
I will play nice!

Default Smarter Duplicate Check based on file size and file name contents.

Hi,

I'd like to have a smarter duplicate check.

Right now JD only recognizes a duplicate, if you are trying to download the exact same file from the exact same link. Which is nice, but not enough.

If the download link has changed, but the file is the same, JD will not recognize it as a dupe and download it without any hint or warning.

Please add a check for same file size and matching parts of the filename.

So that you also can detect duplicates based on file size (which has a good chance of detecting dupes already) and in combination with matching parts of the filename. This will allow to filter such possible duplicates further and avoid to download them or detect same files with lower or higher file size so that you may chose to download or skip them.

Right now I have to clean duplicates via third party apps after the download, which is not efficient.
Old 09.08.2022, 17:58
Community Manager

Are we talking about same name check or mirror-recognization?

You can already customize the handling for mirror detection but filenames need to be the same until a certain point or a hash needs to be available to match same files 100%.
See Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Search for mirrordetection

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 11.08.2022, 18:53
I will play nice!

Not mirror.

I'm talking about downloading file A from Mirror A.

A few days later the same file is uploaded in a smaller resolution and named a low resolution etc... and available from mirror b.

I wanna have a check that detects that a file named A was already downloaded some days ago with different resolution and size, but it has a comparable name.

I don't wanna download the "same" file again with worse resolution.
Old 18.08.2022, 17:57
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
I'm talking about downloading file A from Mirror A.
A few days later the same file is uploaded in a smaller resolution and named a low resolution etc... and available from mirror b.
I wanna have a check that detects that a file named A was already downloaded some days ago with different resolution and size, but it has a comparable name.
I'm sorry but how should JDownloader know ? Just same name doesn't mean it's same *content*. also there is no knowledge about resolution/content at all. A bad recompression can have larger file size than the original, so filesize also doesn't mean anything in this context. JDownloader doesn't know anything about resolution. Once downloaded you can use tools like ffmpeg to query more detailed information but in advanced that's not possible without high false positive rate.
Mirror A might provide name and resolution. Mirror B just name, no details about resolution. Both being different mirrors/sites/plugins, I don't see any meaningful way to proper add support for this. I can easily give lots of examples where filename/resolution will easily fail/result in wrong/unexpected results.

Of course you are free to share your ideas about this!
Old 18.08.2022, 17:52
JD Manager

@Rocket: Duplicate handling is about same file/link. eg adding the same link via different ways (eg alternative domains) or different url format (eg long vs short) and JDownloader being able to recognize those as *the same* link. Here the default duplicate handling works on the download link/url. But plugins may be implemented in mode advanced way, depending if it is meaningful in context of plugin/hoster/link.

Mirror handling does NOT work on download link/url at all.But only on name/size/hashes. You can check Settings-> Advanced Settings-> search for mirrordetection.
also see https://board.jdownloader.org/showth...irrordetection
Old 18.08.2022, 18:00
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Please add a check for same file size and matching parts of the filename.
With help of custom scripts for Eventscripter, see https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=70525, you can implement the logic you want by yourself.
Better ask in that thread for help/hint. Eg when adding a link it can be compared against all other links with your own compare logic in mind and then
decide what to do, eg rename/disable/remove...