JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 11.02.2016, 19:16
Mega Loader

Default Pauses before clipboard monitor picks up links

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but somewhere along the release cycle I've noticed that the clipboard monitoring seems to be really slow sometimes. Like 20-30 seconds. I thought I was imagining it at first but when I realized I wasn't always getting things I know I had copied to the buffer, I started watching it more.

It does pick them up, it's just sometimes it'll be 20-30 seconds. I haven't found a pattern, sometimes it will do it right in the middle of me getting a bunch of links(which is why I noticed it eventually). I didn't use to have this issue so I wonder if anyone else is seeing it?

I've checked for CPU, memory and disk activity, nothing seems like it should be causing an issue there, and the task manager doesn't show that the app is non-responsive.

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Old 12.02.2016, 01:17
English Supporter

Which OS are you using? Which Java is JDownloader using ?? You can check the Java version within about dialog. I don't believe anything changed in respects to clipboard monitoring recently, slight changes to html parsing/encoding/decoding but that shouldn't cause lag of your reported nature.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 12.02.2016, 08:50
JD Manager

What OS are you using? In what application do you copy content into Clipboard? Does this *pause* happen on every copy into clipboard or just from some applications?
Old 12.02.2016, 13:47
Mega Loader

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
Which OS are you using? Which Java is JDownloader using ?? You can check the Java version within about dialog. I don't believe anything changed in respects to clipboard monitoring recently, slight changes to html parsing/encoding/decoding but that shouldn't cause lag of your reported nature.

raztoki
I'm on Windows 10, x64. My Java version is (build 1.8.0_66-b18). I probably haven't updated that in a while, so I will do that now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
What OS are you using? In what application do you copy content into Clipboard? Does this *pause* happen on every copy into clipboard or just from some applications?
I am copying links from Firefox almost all the time. I don't copy from other apps enough to know if it happens from other things. It doesn't happen every time, but it does happen every time when I notice it's happening, i.e. copying a new link doesn't cause it to become responsive and start picking links up again, since that's how I noticed the problem, I realized copying new links was flushing the previous link from the buffer before JD2 was picking them up sometimes. There doesn't seem like a relationship between my actions and it starting to work again, unless waiting is what causes it to work. I now watch for the JD2 link detection bubble to show each time before I move on, which I didn't used to have to do.

I only notice it happening when I'm quickly copying a chunk of links 1 at a time: it is sometimes simpler for me to open 10-15 obfuscated links (when JD2 isn't able to traverse the link redirection) in tabs at once so I can get to the underlying link. I then I click in the address bar, control-c, close the tab, and repeat for the next tab. As a result, most of the time, I am only copy 1 link at a time, due to that method of copying, so I don't really know if it ever happens when a group of links is selected.

I've done the click-copy-close for a very long time, I don't know that I'd say the pausing is a super recent thing, but maybe 6 months? I wasn't ever sure it was worth reporting/wasn't something on my end.

Thank you!
Old 12.02.2016, 14:07
JD Manager

The max interval JDownloader waits for clipboard changes is 1 sec.
Can you reproduce the issue? So you can show us in Teamviewer or tell us how you can reproduce it?
Where do you copy? Within a page or the current url? Do you select and copy via keyboard or mouse context menu? Maybe firefox clears the clipboard content once you close the browser tab.
Please provide a logfile
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs
and post logID here. Maybe we can see something unusual in it
Old 13.02.2016, 00:30
Mega Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
The max interval JDownloader waits for clipboard changes is 1 sec.
Can you reproduce the issue? So you can show us in Teamviewer or tell us how you can reproduce it?
Where do you copy? Within a page or the current url? Do you select and copy via keyboard or mouse context menu? Maybe firefox clears the clipboard content once you close the browser tab.
Please provide a logfile
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
and post logID here. Maybe we can see something unusual in it
I can't reproduce it at will, but it does happen often.
I can try and capture it happening in a video.
Typically when I can see it happening(although it doesn't happen everytime)
I will have say, 10-15 tabs open, each one to the download page of a host (usually the same host).
- I click once in the URL bar, the default action when you do this is to select the URL.
- I then hit control-c (and now wait for the bubble notification from JD)
- Once I see the notification, I hit control-W to close the current tab.
- Repeat until out of tabs that I want the URLs of added to JD.

If I go too fast and forget to wait for the bubble notification, I don't notice when it pauses, which then will cause me to overwrite the copy buffer with a different URL sometimes, before JD has a chance to grab it, which has the effect of JD missing URLs.

I'll get a logfile posted.
Old 14.02.2016, 12:40
JD Manager

Did you really check for missing copies? The bubble notification can be delayed and have nothing to do with the copy from clipboard stuff.
There can be a 5 secs waittime in case something went wrong accessing the clipboard. Maybe this is the case because browser might clear the clipboard once the tab is closed.
I will add some more debugging code to this, please test again with next core update
Old 06.03.2016, 02:38
Mega Loader

I did check. It was pretty obvious when I would copy 10 links quickly and only 8 were in the list.
However, I think I have found my problem, and embarassingly, it's my own fault. I just noticed recently I had toggled on a setting in another app I have running to also monitor the clipboard. I think they were stepping on each other. I am still testing it, but it seems like with the other app(Ditto) no longer connected to the clip board, my issue is resolved.
Thank you!
Old 06.03.2016, 14:30
JD Manager

Thank you for your feedback! Yes, several clipboard monitors can interfere each other when they try to access clipboard at the same time.
Old 06.03.2016, 14:31
JD Manager

Also thank you for investigating this more and not just rest on "its JDownloader fault"