JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 08.04.2013, 19:29
whismerhill

Default MyJdownloader & privacy

hello,

as I understand it, "myjdownloader" will be a replacement for JD1 web interface right ?

my only concern is privacy:
So, beyond the initial connections steps, will all data transit through your servers or will a direct connection be established ?

In essence will all links & what's completed & what not, transit through your server or not ?

And please, to anyone who happens to want to post. Stick to the subject, I'm not here to discuss whether or not privacy should be valued or not. I'm well aware that nowadays, a lot of people just throw privacy out the window with social networks & all, I'm not among those people obviously, I prefer to keep to myself whether what I do is legal, illegal, morally questionable or whatever ..
Old 08.04.2013, 22:48
Community Manager

The service isn't even available yet so why can't you just wait.
Maybe there will be a full description of what is saved and/or what goes over the jd servers...

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 09.04.2013, 04:50
whismerhill

ho ok

sorry I was just wondering what was planned that is all
Old 23.04.2013, 17:13
JD Manager

Sorry for the late reply.

Short: yes - all traffic will pass my.jdownloader

BUT... - and now comes the tricky part. We cannot see anything. The traffic is encrypted on jd side, and decrypted in the webbrowser. As long as you keep your MyJDownloader Password secure, nobody will be able to ready anything.

We welcome everybody to check the security and encryption of MyJDownloader. Its open source, and there will be a docu as well es implementations in java and javascript.

We can see the commands, but no contents.

Example:

If the Webinterface loads the downloadlist, the MyJDownloader Server sees a "download/list" command, but NOT the actual data.

If somebody is interested in how all this works in detail, please ask.
Old 21.09.2013, 21:59
drzoidberg33

Would there be any way to rather host the web interface locally or will there be a plugin like the old one added to JD2?
Old 22.09.2013, 07:40
English Supporter

Appwork has stated that it will most likely come, as I brought this up with them when we discussed how the API | services should operate. But was not a high priority task, some in Appwork do not like the thought of point to point due to the support nightmare it will create (like under previous webui|remote interface). I was of the opinion you should allow point to point without the need for relaying data over centralised point, as you are leaving yourself with potentially picking up the data bill and single point of failure (even though you can multihome auth services). And my personal gripe with centralised system under the current setup, all servers are located in Europe and my Lag is considerable. Ping to euroland ~450-500ms, local (state-country) ping within my state 6-80ms, ping via LAN ~1ms.

Believe appwork has said the following, that they would allow point to point just after the existing framework becomes fully developed. Connections will need to be still be auth through/from my.jd service. But my.jd could be used for hole punching through NAT | firewalls (which I'm a proponent of from the beginning). Also if you want a entirely different WEBUI you would need to create it yourselves. It wouldn't be included into JDownloader Project unless it used my.jdownloader to auth. If you wanted to use a different API frame work for your service, you would need to create that API and maintain it going forward. You would then need to commit your API works, after review it would be approved|declined|changed to suit.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 23.09.2013 at 16:40.
Old 23.09.2013, 16:13
drzoidberg33

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
Appwork has stated that it will most likely come, as I brought this up with them when we discussed how the API | services should operate. But was not a high priority task, some in Appwork do not like the thought of point to point due to the support nightmare it will create (like under previous webui|remote interface). I was of the opinion you should allow point to point without the need for relaying data over centralised point, as you are leaving yourself with potentially picking up the data bill and single point of failure (even though you can multihome auth services). And my personal gripe with centralised system under the current setup, all servers are located in Europe and my Lag is considerable. Ping to euroland ~450-500ms, local (state-country) ping within my state 6-80ms.

Believe appwork has said the following, that they would allow point to point just after the existing framework becomes fully developed. Connections will need to be still be auth through/from my.jd service. But my.jd could be used for hole punching through NAT | firewalls (which I'm a proponent of from the beginning). Also if you want a entirely different WEBUI you would need to create it yourselves. It wouldn't be included into JDownloader Project unless it used my.jdownloader to auth. If you wanted to use a different API frame work for your service, you would need to create that API and maintain it going forward. You would then need to commit your API works, after review it would be approved|declined|changed to suit.

raztoki
Thanks for the detailed reply. I've started using the beta version now and it has been running great so far.

Hope to see great things to come!