JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 02.10.2022, 09:03
Ultra Loader

Default Links added twice using MyJDownloader Browser Extension

Use simple context menu. Other options are disabled (Click'n'Load via MyJDownloader, Use Clipboard Observer, Show "Add Links" dialog). Enabled auto start and auto confirm in JD. After selecting Download with JDowndloader from context menu in Firefox, link is added twice to downloadlist. One download then alerts user that file is already on hdd. This is happening repeatedly. See also: 02.10.22 07.56.46 <--> 02.10.22 07.58.22 jdlog://2220311370661/

Last edited by jathri; 02.10.2022 at 10:04.
Old 02.10.2022, 11:39
JD Manager

@jathri: as there has been no changes/updates for browser extension at all since long time, I guess this happens because JDownloader is adding your selection which contains the links in different variations which JDownloader fails to recognize as one. eg LinkA and LinkAksflfhfkhaf and then continue/process both. Can you provide example links or explain a way to reproduce it? (what site, what do you exactly do) ?

Please also try to disable auto add/auto confirm and see if there are two links getting added or just one?
Old 02.10.2022, 14:21
Ultra Loader

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
It seems to happen repeatedely after computer is (re)started. But only when first link is added this way.
Disabled simple context menu and selected Add page. (Have premium account, but direct downloads are disabled.)

Last edited by jathri; 02.10.2022 at 22:19.
Old 03.10.2022, 11:05
JD Manager

@jathri: Can't reproduce the issue. Opening the link in browser, useing "Add Page" only one link is getting added to JDownloader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Please also try to disable auto add/auto confirm and see if there are two links getting added or just one?
Can you try and provide feedback?
Old 03.10.2022, 11:36
Ultra Loader

No. This does not happen when auto confirm is disabled.
Note: There are two myjdownloader icons in right bottom corner of linkgrabber, so the hypothesis that two links are founded on webpage may be correct (or not?).
Note 2: Should I make video of this happening?

Last edited by jathri; 03.10.2022 at 11:46.
Old 03.10.2022, 13:54
JD Manager

@jathri: yes, a video would help
two icons in right bottom corner means that two there are to jobs being added to JDownloader. have you changed auto-confirm delay timer? because by default JDownloader waits 15-30 seconds before auto confirm/start the downloads and that should be enough to have JDownloader recognize adding the same link twice.
Old 03.10.2022, 14:24
Ultra Loader

Yes. Changed timer to 1 second. Completely forgot to mention that. Is video still needed in this case?
And can I have one feature request: implementing Add (current) page URL to Firefox context menu. This would bypass Add page feature which unncessarily scrapes multiple links. Increasing timer back would also not be needed in that case.

Last edited by jathri; 03.10.2022 at 14:30.
Old 03.10.2022, 14:31
JD Manager

@jathri: I still cannot reproduce the issue. does this happen always, so can you reproduce it always or just rarly? you write "only when first link.." so the next ones all work correct and only first one does add twice? computer restart = JDownloader running on same computer?
Please create a video.
Old 03.10.2022, 14:33
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jathri View Post
This would bypass Add page feature which unncessarily scrapes multiple links. Increasing timer back would also not be needed in that case.
It would not because this issue is not caused by multiple links being crawled as JDownloader would detect this. In your situation there are two jobs being added , that means your browser(extension) is adding the job(links) twice and that's why you see the crawling icon in JDownloader twice. all links are added in one job but for you there are two jobs and now we have to find how why/how this happens?
Old 03.10.2022, 14:53
Ultra Loader

Video (hotlink):
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**
Old 03.10.2022, 14:56
Ultra Loader

Quote:
@jathri: I still cannot reproduce the issue. does this happen always, so can you reproduce it always or just rarly? you write "only when first link.." so the next ones all work correct and only first one does add twice? computer restart = JDownloader running on same computer?
Please create a video.
This happens repeatedly for first link added this way after the same computer (re)start. Other links (added after that) are OK.

Last edited by jathri; 03.10.2022 at 15:05.
Old 03.10.2022, 15:52
JD Manager

@jathri: JDownloader running on this computer as well? or on different computer? can you check if same issue happens when you just restart JDownloader and not restart computer?
Old 03.10.2022, 15:59
Ultra Loader

Just restarted JD without restarting computer and the same issue occured as well. Yes, JD runs on same computer. Were you able to download video? It should be apparent from that too.
EDIT: restarted JD again (without restarting computer) and it did not occur. But after restarting computer, it occurs every time (as of now).

Last edited by jathri; 03.10.2022 at 17:04.
Old 04.10.2022, 18:17
JD Manager

@jathri: I still struggle to reproduce the issue. Can you please try the following and set Settings->Advanced Settings->MyJDownloaderSettings.directconnectmode to "disable...." and see if you can still reproduce the issue.
Also please enable Settings->Advanced Settings->MyJDownloaderSettings.debugenabled before creating the next debug log.
Old 04.10.2022, 18:37
JD Manager

@jathri: I can finally reproduce the issue though I'm still in the dark how/why this happens. But now I can't reproduce it anymore...

Last edited by Jiaz; 04.10.2022 at 18:57.
Old 04.10.2022, 18:58
JD Manager

Quote:
@jathri: I still struggle to reproduce the issue. Can you please try the following and set Settings->Advanced Settings->MyJDownloaderSettings.directconnectmode to "disable...." and see if you can still reproduce the issue.
Also please enable Settings->Advanced Settings->MyJDownloaderSettings.debugenabled before creating the next debug log.
Can you please enable MyJDownloaderSettings.debugenabled, restart JDownloader and try to reproduce the issue and create new log?
Old 04.10.2022, 20:25
Ultra Loader

Log:
jdlog://0720311370661/
Did not change MyJDownloaderSettings.directconnectmode setting though. Please let me know if I should.

Last edited by jathri; 05.10.2022 at 12:33.
Old 04.10.2022, 20:53
JD Manager

@jathri: will check and reply by tomorrow
Old 27.10.2022, 10:17
Ultra Loader

Is there any news regarding this issue? I can still confirm that this is happening every time after (re)starting computer.

Last edited by jathri; 27.10.2022 at 10:47.
Old 27.10.2022, 10:48
JD Manager

@jathri: I'm sorry but I did not find time yet.