JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 13.08.2015, 01:12
DigitALL

Cool Do you know who you advertise for?

Hi,

I have asked before in this forum about why I can't buy Uploaded support from the link in JDownloader since before I used to pay them via PayPal or other system, don't remember.
However, it appears that Uploaded is a bunch of crooks and cheaters and JDownloader should pay more attention who advertises for. Here are the facts:

After few months I decided to try again but with the same result. I am not sure how it is in other countries but I assume it is similar or it soon will be, when you pay a merchant online here in Canada via credit card, before the transaction to be finalized, you are directed to the card issuer portal where you have to enter another password previously chosen by you. This way nobody could use your credit card for online purchases unless you provide your password. I assume that the merchant in order to have a transaction approved must be legit. And that is perhaps the problem with Uploaded. When using credit card via a website where your credit card was submitted as guarantee (e.g. PayPal) you will not be taken via the credit card portal for your password.

Here is the thing: when searching who is Uploaded you will find lots of people complaining that they paid through some method and never benefited the service and no response from Uploaded. It looks like that their registration in Swiss with phone number, address etc. is a bogus registration. They forgot to provide their shoes number...

Here is my conversation with these crooks and you could judge for yourself but JDownloader should remove immediately the Uploaded advertisement!

I wrote them that I can't use any of two credit cards for buying a package from them while more than a year ago I was able to buy it just fine. This is what they replied:

Quote:
Dear customer,

Thank you for your request.

We would recommend you to pay via Paysafecard.

If you are not able to pay with Paysafecard because of a regional issue, there is a possibility to use a VPN service.

We are able to recommend the VPN service 3monkey.me including this coupon: 4LB3M6FGCH
With this coupon you will receive a 1-month access.

If you have further questions regarding the VPN service, we kindly ask you to contact 3monkey.me support directly.

With best regards,

Support Department
uploaded.net

powered by
Cyando AG
Sihleggstrasse 23
8832 Wollerau
Switzerland
Of course the VPN is registered with them, you can check that. Searching about this VPN and Uploaded you will find people complaining that they paid for nothing, no service. As such, I wrote them back about it:
Quote:
There is a lot of chatter on the net of Uploaded being dishonest and many people are complaining of paying through other methods and lost the money. Apparently you are listing an address and a phone number that in fact is nobody there and does not exists. However, there is no problem to operate from countries like Afghanistan, ISIS, or whatever but your payment process must be fair and honest. I live in a civilized country and at least for decent countries if your business is somehow legit, customers should be able to pay by credit card.
Don’t you think that it sounds fishy to suggest to pay by Paysafecard and via your VPN when I have a regular credit card?
Please reply with explanations.
And this is what they wrote back:
Quote:
Dear customer,

Thank you for your response.

Through premium account sales and premium purchases you earn points, which will be credited in your account.

With these points you can upgrade your account to premium. For a monthly premium package 10,000 points are needed.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Yours sincerely,

Support Department
uploaded.net

powered by
Cyando AG
Sihleggstrasse 23
8832 Wollerau
Switzerland
If you have had the nerve to read all this message, you will realize how crooks are these guys. It seems fair to ask for removal of their advertisement, or it doesn't?
Old 13.08.2015, 03:24
English Supporter

Lets break this down,

- As I read your communication it's just automated/macro type of responses. They are not engaging to your query as you desired.

- so at this given time you haven't and they haven't been able to complete a money transaction. This is caused by outside means, due to restrictions placed on payment processors in your region. They provided you with option (your choice) to use a VPN provider to complete this transaction (I guess free of charge), but you choose not to use it? Your choice, of course

Information online, I've never heard of anything negative, though usually you look hard enough you can find something about any company. Would been nice that you actually provided reference URLs to your claims.

From what I've been reading over the last couple years, restrictions on hosters is nothing new. They are always having constant issues with payment processors, mainly due to the aggressive tactics from particular groups that do not want these services run.

Are they crooks? The majority of there customers wouldn't say so, a few disgruntled maybe? Is this unusual in this sector, no it isn't. Yet you continue to want to buy service from them, what does that indicate ? To me it sounds that you trust them enough to start the process of purchasing service.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 13.08.2015, 08:46
JD Manager

Topic solved. This is no place to discuss provider payment issues or support issues.
Old 13.08.2015, 13:52
DigitALL

I hope I did not hit a string or interests in this outfit called Uploaded. However raztoki you seem to be biased somehow. Their first response was not standard but it followed a standard response since they did not want to reply to my question.
They have only two methods of payment: credit card and bitcoin and I assume the credit card process works only in third world country where it may not be sufficient traceability.
Why would I go through a headache to register to a VPN, get some time free but provide again my credit card info then try to register the way they have suggested? Does it sound OK for you?

Does not need deep searching, when you look about Uploaded, some sad info come almost to the top: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** ...and there is much more than that.
Old 13.08.2015, 13:55
DigitALL

Jiaz, thanks for response.
Why this should be flagged as "solved"? For convenience or interests?
If this is no place to discuss what JD advertises for, where is please?
Old 13.08.2015, 14:21
JD Manager

Solved -> We know this is not about helping or solving an issue/bug.
Of course you can continue the discussion.

Please contact uploaded support to get help for payment provider. This is not the uploaded support forum. If you have issues with your way of payment, then only uploaded can help you.
Old 13.08.2015, 15:12
English Supporter

How I read the two posts, is clearly formatted/presented as a macro and I still believe that is the case. No mention of your name in the introduction/and the sign off all the same. From using ticket systems macros save so much time, we even use them for our support ticket system, and I use autohotkey for others outside of the support ticket system.

whirlpool = or more commonly known in Australia as whinge-pool. That said I do frequent whirlpool regularly (speed dialed even).

Read the thread, couple years old and only one person having a issue. I've dealt with a lot of Australians (and non Australians) via this support medium or even teamviewer over the years, none to seem to have a problem with payment processing. I've just drawn my conclusion from different set of experiences than yours, this doesn't make me bias. Only human to have different ideas or beliefs than the next.

raztoki1

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]