JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 16.11.2022, 21:03
JD Alpha

Default JDownloader is unusable after update. Update available!

Hi I´d like to report a bug: After JDownloader latest update, interface is unusable - none options do work! Restarting does nothing. Thus I´ve switched it back temporarily...
Old 16.11.2022, 21:04
Community Manager

That's the first report of this kind.
Please add more information, screenshots and a log.

Please post your log-ID here | bitte poste deine Log-ID hier.

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 16.11.2022, 21:18
JD Alpha

Ok. Normal log will be enough or should I activate debuglog?
Old 16.11.2022, 21:57
JD Fan

Same issue.

Seems like LinkGrabber is wonky too.

Too sleepy to deal with this now. Hope next update will fix the issues.
Old 16.11.2022, 22:12
JD Manager

Found the issue as I was able to reproduce myself. Update is on the way!
Old 16.11.2022, 22:37
JD Manager

Update is live. sorry for the inconvenience. Issue was caused by bad initialization order of a specific field, causing issues for some, working fine for the rest.
Old 17.11.2022, 10:17
DSL Light User

I am not sure if it is the same problem but I am having also massive problems since the update I did this morning (so it should include your last fix). Symptoms: 100% CPU usage even with no download or other activities going on, clipboard collect takes ages for every link.

Is it possible to revert the update?
Old 17.11.2022, 11:55
Community Manager

Please repeatedly open/close the log-upload dialog and then upload- and post your logID here.

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 17.11.2022, 12:32
DSL Light User

Here it is:

17.11.22 11.27.32 <--> 17.11.22 11.30.43 jdlog://0121311370661/
Old 17.11.2022, 17:17
JD Fan

Quote:
Found the issue as I was able to reproduce myself. Update is on the way!
Thank you.
Old 17.11.2022, 19:14
JD Manager

@harry61: thanks for the log. should no longer happen with next core update later this day
Old 17.11.2022, 21:32
DSL Light User

Thanks, this problem is indeed solved.

But now there is another problem with the avxhm decrypter. I will open a new ticket for that...
Old 18.11.2022, 10:50
JD Manager

@harry61: thanks for the feedback! I will check the other thread, non related to this one/or the update
Old 18.11.2022, 11:14
Vacuum Cleaner

hi there! I´m new, so first of all thanks for the foro, it is a real pleasure to take part on it. i would like to add that since the last updated from 16.11.2022 i have problems with jdownloader. Clipboard collect takes never ends for every link so i try to Restart but it never ends of Restarting , as a matter of fact don´t close. Before this update, the day before everything worked fine to me. I would like to ask, do we have to wait for a solution in next updtate or it has been already solved and I have something wrong with my jdownloader in particular? sorry for my English
Old 18.11.2022, 11:16
JD Manager

@roberdottts: what exactly do you mean by "Clipboard collect takes never ends" ? what links/examples?
can you please provide a log, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs and post shown logID here
Old 18.11.2022, 11:21
Vacuum Cleaner

@Jiaz: I mean, when capturing a link this seems to be charging forever, not few seconds, not one minute, but forever, meaning like don´t charge the links. In my case happens since last update 16.11.22. I will take a look how to show logs. I have no idea.
Old 18.11.2022, 11:23
JD Manager

@roberdottts: Please provide a log. When this happens again, please create a log and post logID.
Most likely it's just a gui issue that the icon doesn't stop, but a log will tell me more
Old 18.11.2022, 11:30
Vacuum Cleaner

@Jiaz: sounds like you said. Now I´m trying to see how to post a log, but the link with the page you sent me don´t allow me login in. I don´t know what I am doing wrong. I put my email and my key of register but it gives an error. may be i don´t have the permission for that yet.
Old 18.11.2022, 11:47
JD Manager

@roberdottts: you don't have to login anywhere. Just follow the instruction how to create a log, see the screenshots and then post the shown logID here. You don't have to register neither to login
Old 18.11.2022, 11:49
Vacuum Cleaner

@Jiaz: here it is:
18.11.22 10.17.03 <--> 18.11.22 10.01.26 jdlog://4321311370661/
Old 18.11.2022, 11:56
JD Manager

@roberdottts: thanks for the log! Please check again with next core update. I will ping here once it is released/live

Update will be live in 5 mins. Please test

Last edited by Jiaz; 18.11.2022 at 11:59.
Old 18.11.2022, 12:46
Vacuum Cleaner

@Jiaz: I'm sorry for the delay in answering. I had some problems trying to install the latest update. The same problem happened to me as with the links, it's as if it never ended, it stayed at 49%. I finally reinstalled a copy of jdownloader I had, updated and the problem seems to have been resolved. The funny thing is that before solving the problem with the update, the first capture of links when opening jdownloader was done at the moment, but the second capture remained as if it hung... could it also be that the jdownloader is too loaded with too many links? thank you very much for your help!!
Old 18.11.2022, 12:54
JD Manager

@roberdottts: You can always use this method to fix/rescue existing installations, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...r-installation
Old 18.11.2022, 12:55
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberdottts View Post
ould it also be that the jdownloader is too loaded with too many links? thank you very much for your help!!
Please provide a new log
Old 18.11.2022, 12:58
Vacuum Cleaner

@Jiaz:

here it is the new log:

18.11.22 11.33.30 <--> 18.11.22 11.58.35 jdlog://8321311370661/
Old 18.11.2022, 13:09
JD Manager

@roberdottts: Log shows that your JDownloader takes Ages to load the download/linkgrabber list and thus blocking the gui. Yes, looks like you have many many links in list
HeapUsed:1,76 GB|HeapComitted:1,91 GB|HeapMax:1,91 GB
your JDownloader is near max memory. I would recommend to backup your config, see
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...-configuration
(create a copy/backup of the cfg folder) and then remove and install JDownloader again with newer java
see here for alternative installer, https://jdownloader.org/jdownloader2
please install/use 64bit version.
then you can import your config again.
Please provide a screenshot of the about dialog after you've finished with fresh installation/import of settings, so we can check how the memory situation looks like
Old 18.11.2022, 13:25
Vacuum Cleaner

@Jiaz: now after the update you have put it works better. It may only take up to a minute if you load 12 links in a bundle, but I think that seems to be normal. What I do to create backups, apart from copying all the files from the jdownloader folder, is also copying the links of the rar files from the "cfg" folder from the download list and from the "link collector" when I just want a backup copy of the links, I don't know if it is correct because it is a very basic way or there is a better way to do it.

I see that you have already answered me and I will try to do what you tell me, I don't know how long it will take me to do all that. When I have done it, I will tell you the result of everything.

Last edited by roberdottts; 18.11.2022 at 13:35.
Old 18.11.2022, 14:02
Vacuum Cleaner

@Jiaz: Well, first of all I tried to make a backup, copy the "settings" creating a folder to save them and restarting jdownloader. He has made a feint of creating a backup file inside the folder and has restarted the jdownloader and the folder appears empty. It can be seen that the jdownloader cannot back up the settings, perhaps because it has a damaged program file or because it is overloaded, so I cannot recover the settings after uninstalling. at most just the links by hand copying the rar files from the "cfg" folder. any suggestions?
Old 18.11.2022, 14:20
JD Manager

Quote:
What I do to create backups, apart from copying all the files from the jdownloader folder, is also copying the links of the rar files from the "cfg" folder from the download list and from the "link collector" when I just want a backup copy of the links, I don't know if it is correct because it is a very basic way or there is a better way to do it.
JDownloader backup simply creates a zip with the content of the cfg folder. You can create backups/copies of that folder in case you want to create backups manually. Those downloadListXXX.zip and linkcollectorXXX.zip files contain your lists, see
https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...nkgrabber-list
Old 18.11.2022, 14:23
JD Manager

Quote:
the folder appears empty.
what folder do you mean? JDownloader stops, then creates the backup zip file and then starts again. You can also do the manual backup like explained before
Old 18.11.2022, 14:24
Vacuum Cleaner

@Jiaz: so if the copy process fails with jdownloader. Do I manually copy the cfg folder and it copies not only the links but also the account settings?

Last edited by roberdottts; 18.11.2022 at 14:25. Reason: address
Old 18.11.2022, 14:28
Vacuum Cleaner

Quote:
what folder do you mean? JDownloader stops, then creates the backup zip file and then starts again. You can also do the manual backup like explained before
I mean the folder that I create manually to save the copy in that folder when making the copy. When I follow the interface instructions to make the copy, it asks me to give it a path with a folder where to save that copy, so that's what I've done. It makes a feint to create the copy and restarts but the folder I created appears empty. I'm still doing something wrong.
Old 18.11.2022, 14:32
JD Manager

Quote:
@Jiaz: so if the copy process fails with jdownloader. Do I manually copy the cfg folder and it copies not only the links but also the account settings?
You can just create a copy of the cfg folder. then remove/uninstall JDownloader and install again and then restore (not merge but replace) cfg folder with your copy/backup
Old 18.11.2022, 14:34
JD Manager

Quote:
I'm still doing something wrong.
You have to specify a filename and JDownloader will try to create backup there. in case something went wrong, the file will get deleted in order to avoid incomplete/broken backup. without logs I can't tell much about this. Just go with the manual backup then
Old 18.11.2022, 14:45
Vacuum Cleaner

@Jiaz: I have tried again to copy the settings with the jdownloader program but this time I have given the destination folder where jdownloader is installed and now it has created the file. the only difference with the other fail attempts is that the destination folder was created by me outside the jdownloader installation folder. In any case, I cannot leave this created file in the jdownloader folder, otherwise it will be deleted when uninstalling. I add you log in case it could help in something.

18.11.22 13.40.13 <--> 18.11.22 13.09.35 jdlog://3421311370661/

Last edited by roberdottts; 18.11.2022 at 14:47.
Old 18.11.2022, 14:48
JD Manager

@roberdottts: you can move/store that files whereever you want. During import you can tell JDownloader it's location. Again, in doubt simply create a copy of the cfg folder manually.
Old 18.11.2022, 15:11
Vacuum Cleaner

@Jiaz: ok, I'll do everything as you tell me, I'll get to it in the afternoon, after some errands and when I know how it went I'll tell you and I'll post the screenshot you were telling me about. Thank you
Old 18.11.2022, 15:18
JD Manager

@roberdottts: You're welcome and nothing to thank me for
Old 18.11.2022, 17:51
Vacuum Cleaner

@Jiaz: well..., I have done everything as you have told me, uninstalled the version I had completely, I have installed the latest version of JDownloader 64 bits, with the latest version of java. After the installation I have added the copy of the "settings" and it works capturing the links ok. The only thing that in some capture of links, after the first capture of links that is immediate, it takes up to a minute, but it works well after the last updates you have made and it no longer does as before that it took endlessly. I think that what is happening is what we were saying about the fact that I have JDownloader heavily loaded with links and depending on how the computer's memory and CPU resources are at that moment, it works better or not. But it is clear that I should lighten the program links. I'll add a capture as you told me about the dialog and also the last log, so you can tell me how you see it and if you see that it has improved and that it can handle that load of links. It has been a pleasure that you helped to solve this problem and to have learned more about this incredible program. Cheers!

18.11.22 15.56.47 <--> 18.11.22 16.44.45 jdlog://8421311370661/
Attached Images
File Type: png JDownloader-Screenshot - 18_11_2022 , 16_01_40.png (88.0 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by roberdottts; 18.11.2022 at 17:56.
Old 18.11.2022, 18:06
JD Manager

@roberdottts: Thanks for the feedback. Your JDownloader still runs at upper memory max. You can find three numbers in screenshot/about dialog. Current use, Current allocation and Max. You can see that current allocation is already at max and use is also high. Depending on available system memory, you can still tweak memory settings/allow more memory, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...vmoptions-file