JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 21.05.2011, 15:45
JD Adviser

Default Backup Not Working -- NEED Links BACK!

I will try to be as fact-based and non-emotional as I can in this post because I'm again in real need of some urgent help.

Yesterday, I had about 7 hours worth of links collected. I brought those links into the Download pane and backed them up using Command-B and also saved the linklist. Like I always do. I am not a JD or computer neophyte.

When JD crashed, the links were gone after I restarted. I tried three things, none of which worked:

First, I did a "Restore JD" from the application's File menu. After a restart, I opened JD back up. Nothing changed. Just a blank Download pane.

Next, I quit JD again, then went into the application package>backup folder, unzipped the most recent backup.zip file, (after backing up my existing config folder), then dropped the database.script and database.properties files into the config folder.

[By the way, I did a "Get Info" on the database.script file and it was 650MB. Even the existing database.script file that I backed up was 650MB. So why was JD still showing a blank Download window?]

When I re-opened JD, I still got a blank Download window. And what's worse, I was monitoring the whole start process in my Console. It took SEVEN MINUTES for the application to boot, from when I double-clicked on it until when the splash screen finally showed and I got my empty download pane. Most of the hang took place while the app was "Checking database."

Finally, since I was having no luck, I tried my last option: Adding the links I saved. I had about 70 or more folders of links (this is my least favorite choice because instead of bringing links into the Download pane with the download state that they were in when I saved them, this option brings them all into the Linkgrabber pane in an undownloaded state). But when I added them via the application's menu, you know how many folders it brought up? Less than a dozen. Where did they all go?

So, I am again in a JD quandary, but more importantly, I need to know how to recover my links. By the way, this was a FRESH version of JD that I was using, with all the current updates of course.

As far as log files for you to view, I saved two in a .zip archive: one, from JD (which by the way I found you can't "Save" as there is no option for naming it when the file save dialog box comes up. You simply have to overwrite an existing file on your hard drive), the other is a long readout from my Console over the 7-minute period from when I launched JD to when it finally opened on my desktop. I attached that so you can verify the long startup time and also see if there's anything else it can tell you.

Additional info: The only other processes I was actively running on my machine were Firefox, which was minimized. All other processes were basically idle, so JD had as much of my CPU as was available. And as far as my machine, I recently did a complete wash of my system, reinstalled the OS (went back to 10.4 instead of 10.5, which my hardware can't handle--yes, I'm on an older verion of Java, but I can't do anything about that), so there is no directory corruption or permissions problems going on.

>>>Now, how do I get the app to read my database.script file correctly? It's 650MB, so there should be no blank screen.

TIA for your assistance.
Attached Files
File Type: zip JDlogs052111.zip (31.4 KB, 190 views)

Last edited by Jiaz; 21.05.2011 at 16:19.
Old 21.05.2011, 16:18
JD Manager

can you please zip your config folder, upload it anywhere and pm the link
then i can try to restore links from it
the long startup time is becaue of your broken database with 650mb

with teamviewer access or a zipped config folder i can help/try to rescue your links
Old 21.05.2011, 17:34
callo

can jDownloader logs finished/removed old links too ?
that would be very handful.because sometimes finished file are corrupted. and need to redownload.But we forgot where the link is to copy/paste/redownload
Old 22.05.2011, 08:50
remi

Cool

You can remove finished links with Links -> Clean up -> Remove completed Downloads.

If you want to restart a download you can select the link and choose Reset in the context menu.

I'm sorry if my reply is useless, but I've tried hard to understand your post.