Closed Thread

Old 17.02.2010, 09:38
mattmg32

Default yaya

yayyyyyyy
Old 13.03.2010, 05:28
kodycoyote

Default beginners help

It's not that I'm new to this, but I'm newer than new. I haven't been conceived yet. So I appreciate your patience. I downloaded and installed JD/Java. I don,t know how to find what version I have. I also integrated JD with Firefox and I see I shouldn't have. How do I undo what I did?
Old 13.03.2010, 05:34
kodycoyote

Default more beginner stuff

It says I have 226 updates. How do I update? Can you tell I'm new?
Old 13.03.2010, 10:04
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodycoyote View Post
I downloaded and installed JD/Java. I don,t know how to find what version I have.
If you refer to jD then go to ? -> About JDownloader. "?" is a menu item.

If you refer to Java then execute the command java -version in a command window.

Quote:
I also integrated JD with Firefox and I see I shouldn't have. How do I undo what I did?
What do you mean with this?
Old 13.03.2010, 10:15
remi

Cool

Quote:
It says I have 226 updates. How do I update?
Click on the update button. The update button is in the toolbar and it contains a small globe icon.
Old 13.03.2010, 10:16
JD English Support (inactive)

To install all of your updates, restart JDownloader twice.
Old 14.03.2010, 19:36
raindrops

The Windows version I downloaded from the download tab on this site is Spanish – how do I change it to English? In the program, I went to the Configuracio tab then to Interficie d’usuari and under Vista I changed to English under Idioma, but everything is still Spanish. Or is there a download link for an English version available?
Old 15.03.2010, 07:23

Every copy of JDownloader includes all of the language definitions.

When you install JDownloader, it should get your default language from the operating system. Please try re-installing JDownloader. You might have to install into a different directory (for example, c:\programs\jdownloader) and use it from there.

Under Vista, it is best to install into a directory like c:\programs\jdownloader. JDownloader is a portable program and writes into its own directory. Windows no longer supports this in c:\program files\. If you installed there, you might not be able to save settings.

Remember to restart Jdownloader after changing the language setting.
Old 25.03.2010, 02:49
masterdarkjedi

can anyone update this guide as its outdated?
Old 25.03.2010, 12:39

Thank you MasterDarkJedi, but we are waiting for the next version of the program. We need a new guide, but in the meantime the best way to get help is to search.

The guide is almost all still correct, but the user interface has changed to a tabbed format. Most of people's questions are more advanced that the guide covers.

Did you have a a question?

Last edited by drbits; 25.03.2010 at 12:46.
Old 08.04.2010, 05:06
Edenbeast

Sorry wrong post

Last edited by Edenbeast; 08.04.2010 at 05:14.
Old 23.04.2010, 15:42
urania

Might I suggest some ClickNLoad2 fault-finding stuff for the new guide?
I, and a few others get no response when clicking on CNL2 links, and can't find why.
Old 23.04.2010, 17:00

We are in the process of cleaning up the guide now (I have to go review a draft of one section and I drafted one on reconnection earlier). I think a CNL guide will come later.

Click here for the Knowledge Base article about CNL2.

A couple of simple things to try:
1) Make sure your firewall knows that java.exe and javaw.exe are allowed to listen on port 9666.
2) Make sure you have only one installation of JD or that only one instance has CNL installed (that was my problem).
3) In Settings - Basics - User Interface - Advanced, make sure the settings under Container are all checked (Reload Download Container and Show Detailed Container Information). CNL2 usually returns a container, so this will show you what is happening.
Old 23.04.2010, 17:10
urania

Default Trash

Firewall is off (not installed) and the other 2 are as stated.
Still nothing.
The script in the CNL2 article say JDownloader is disabled, but it's not.

Might be better continuing this here:
http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=16455
Old 24.05.2010, 22:23
honnou

i just signed on to give a big thank you to the devs for this lovely piece of software. ive been having problems with filesharing sites for the longest time. You guys rock!!!!
Old 06.08.2010, 04:13
KazMuz

Default help

hi well i bearly starting to use this for some reason but i extract the .dlc I needed and its on my downloadlist but how do i open it or find it cuz its not anywhere.
Old 06.08.2010, 10:22
remi

Cool

What do you refer to with "this"? If the "its", "it", and again "its" refer to the .dlc file, then jD should be able to open it.

I think jD will open the .dlc file automatically when it's downloaded and add its links to your Linkgrabber.
Old 06.08.2010, 23:52

@KazMuz,

remi's advice is correct, if you have the correct settings.

Sometimes, you have to change to the LinkGrabber page and use Add Container. Then, you browse for the DLC you are interested in and open it. This will then put the links into the LinkGrabber for you to confirm. You use "Continue with all" to copy the links to the Download page.
Old 18.08.2010, 21:34

Zoom 4 reconnect discussion moved to Reconnect forum
Old 24.12.2010, 19:34
redpointist

Thanks! alot of good information here to get me started!
Old 21.06.2011, 07:50
beesuns

Does this program support resume-from-break-point?
Old 21.06.2011, 10:03
remi

Yes, and for free loaders this depends on the hosts. Here is a list of some "Resumable hosts".
Old 20.08.2011, 20:11
dass

i have downloaded JDownloader and have copy a link.When i open grablinker the status is
temp.uncheckable... What does this means?
Old 21.08.2011, 09:15
remi

That means jD can't connect to the host to check the link.

Allow java and javaw in your firewall and virus software. Disable (or un-install) the port 80/html/web scanner in your virus software.
Old 27.08.2011, 23:07
levander

Is it possible to sign up somewhere to get an email when the OP tutorial is updated? Thinking I'm better off not fooling with it till you guys get a chance to make better instructions...
Old 28.08.2011, 07:33
remi

You can get an alert when someone adds a post to it by subscribing to the thread. You can always make a better tutorial if you want. What do you mean with "better instructions"?
Old 29.08.2011, 20:34
levander

remi, the OP of this thread says the tutorial is outdated and they'll update it when they get a chance.
Old 30.08.2011, 09:12
remi

Can you please define what you mean with the abbreviation 'OP'? Who are they?

The 'chance' you're talking about probably depends on the arrival of the next major release of jD. Nobody expected this next release would take so much time.
Old 30.08.2011, 09:39
English Supporter

OP = original post. It's common forum abbreviation, surprised you don't know that one! being a forum junkie and all :>

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 30.08.2011, 10:17
remi

Yes, I should have known it. The problem is that this abbreviation has at least 37 meanings and I'm used to see it in other contexts. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 30.08.2011, 14:16
dass

Default Promblem downloading

I am using JDownloader for sometime now.I find the status 'temp.uncheckable' when downloading some file and online for other files.Why this promblem occurs? Have to do some configuration or what.I hope some experience members can help me.Thanks
Old 30.08.2011, 14:22
remi

The 'promblem' 'temp.uncheckable' means that the availability of the file can't be checked temporarily. You can wait or check the links in your browser.

Allow java and javaw in your firewall and virus software.
Old 22.11.2011, 21:36
binyamin

Default scheduling help

This is how I use JD

1) Open the JD and go to Link Grabber tab
2) Go to the link sharing site and highlight copy
3) The links are automatically pasted into Link grabber screen, if files are available then I click continue with all, and then wait.. wait...

I wanted to use the scheduler, but was not successful.

Last night I picked some links that were alive (using 1-3), but did not hit continue with all. Went into scheduler, put start download time at 11:53PM,check in the morning; scheduler says it expired, nothing was downloaded. In the morning, I tried start download, pause, unpause in scheduler, but I could not figure out the correct sequence.

Please tell me the correct sequence!

Anybody is working on an updated version of scheduler document?

pls assume I am google impaired! (i.e. if you really feel like saying use the f*** google do so)
Old 23.11.2011, 09:20
remi

Default Trash

@binyamin

If you would like to use the Schedule extension, I would first try it out while you can observe whether it works.

Your links need to be moved to the Download pane.

You need to stop downloading before you can start them with the Schedule extension.

No customer oriented documentation was written for the Schedule extension, but it has been discussed a few times on this board while other customers had problems configuring a schedule. You can use the Board's Search function and use the term 'Schedule'.
Old 23.11.2011, 17:04
binyamin

First thank you both for taking time to read my q and reply.

Tony2long: Would you believe, it took me full 15 minutes to figure out how to get the log file? Never thought that question mark on the top panel meant anything?x)

Remi: Thats what I ended up doing. I started downloading and then stopped, tried about 2 minutes after then it worked. Set it up last night and the download has been completed.

Remi, Tony and any other helpers: Do you think scheduler affect the download speed? My speed was in the range 200Kbs-500Kbs with the scheduler. I have 50Mbs service and I thought that would translate to 5Mbs. Sometime I do get 1.2Mbs (without the scheduler).

I would search for scheduler again, before I use it.
Old 24.11.2011, 09:57
remi

Having speed issues? read this!
Old 26.11.2011, 10:38
dctiffanyray

Lightbulb new member

Hi guys I’m Tiffany Ray a new member for this site, I hope that I'm welcome in this Forum and to know more about this site.
Old 26.11.2011, 10:41
dctiffanyray

Default Trash

Hi guys I’m Tiffany Ray a new member for this site, I hope that I'm welcome in this Forum and to know more about this site.
Old 26.11.2011, 10:56
remi

Welcome to this board. Congratulations for not respecting the double posting rule.

Why did you choose this thread for posting? Is it it's popularity?
Old 26.11.2011, 13:32
English Supporter

id say advertising, his footer message is to ebay link. This is disabled by our forum setup..

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Closed Thread