JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 05.10.2019, 23:48
JD VIP

Default Issues after latest update

Hi,

I just updated jDownloader and I'm experiencing a lot of issues from many hosters.
Downloads stop in the middle of downloading (sometimes at 99.99 percent), a lot of "Temporary unavailable" errors, however I can download the files from the hoster without any problem, hosters complaining about connections (they worked fine before the update as long as I can remember).

Also, MyJDownloader is broken in Firefox 69.0: if I try to expand a package it fails and goes back to https://my.jdownloader.org/index.html#logout

I'm on macOS Mojave 10.14.6.

Would somebody take a look at these issues, please?

Thanks in advance,
M

Last edited by Maelcum; 06.10.2019 at 00:12.
Old 11.10.2019, 23:31
JD Manager

There have been no changes at all to MyJDownloader and no specific changes to JDownloader. Please provide more details and logs for the download issues, see https://support.jdownloader.org/Know...d-session-logs and post shown logID here
Old 12.10.2019, 22:40
JD VIP

Hi Jiaz,

Here's the generated ID:
Code:
12.10.19 12.15.58 <--> 12.10.19 12.15.42 jdlog://0322130900751/
Btw, I updated jDownloader again but I still have these issues :-(
However, I have a feeling that it might have something to do with the latest macOS update: Mojave 10.14.6 (18G103)

Thanks in advance,
M
Old 14.10.2019, 16:55
JD Manager

Set max connections to 1 and try again. Seems like file-upload either has server issue or disabled resume/chunks for free user.
JDownloader is requesting a range/chunk but the server answers with wrong response code and is missing the content-range response header.
I will disable chunks/resume with next plugin update
This has nothing to do with updates as the latest change in plugin is from 18.07.2019

For the browser extension, please see https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=81740
Old 14.10.2019, 16:58
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelcum View Post
I just updated jDownloader and I'm experiencing a lot of issues from many hosters.
Log only contains the issues from file-upload.
Old 14.10.2019, 21:59
JD VIP

Hi,

The log was created a week later...

It would be nice to be able to set the connection limit per host instead of crippling down everything for the sake of few.

Thanks in advance,
M
Old 14.10.2019, 23:57
English Supporter

you can with domain rules in advanced setting.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 16.10.2019, 07:55
JD VIP

Hi,

I checked it and I think the description does a really good job pointing out the important part: a nicer user interface... ;-)

Cheers,
M
Old 16.10.2019, 11:19
JD Manager

Do you want to limit the number of max downloads or number of max connections per download?
Old 17.10.2019, 09:45
JD VIP

Hi Jiaz,

In the Download panel there are 3 options:
1. Max. Chunks per Downloads
2. Max. Simultaneous Downloads
3. Max. Sim. Downloads per Hosts

It makes sense to expose the values for the 1st and the 3rd options per host, the second options is global.

I hope it answers your question.

Cheers,
M
Old 17.10.2019, 12:56
JD Manager

I'm sorry but it doesn't

Do you want to limit 1 or 3 ?
2 and 3 are already available to modify via DomainRules
Old 18.10.2019, 04:58
JD VIP

Hi Jiaz,

I think it's more like 1 and 3.

DomainRules is counter-intuitive in my opinion (I mean, ".*jdownloader\\.org" instead of "jdownloader.org" - never ask a human to do a machine's job) and anything but user friendly, especially using the teeny-tiny text editor widget.

Cheers,
M
Old 18.10.2019, 13:29
JD Manager

DomainRules is a power/pro-feature and it's not meant to edit the setting within that *tiny text editor* but you should use a texteditor of your choice, best with json support (eg notepad++).
Also regex provides the MOST flexibel solution for easy and VERY complex use cases. Creating GUI editors/settings takes LOTs of time, time we don't have. Anyone is welcome to contribute and help with development.
Old 19.10.2019, 08:11
JD VIP

Hi Jiaz,

Thanks for the ticket!

Rant/ON

I always find it a bit annoying and frustrating when any given tool's advanced/pro/power features are available via convoluted mechanism (regex, data structures needs to be hand edited but have to follow a given format, etc.).

Just because a feature considered to be used by pro or power users, doesn't necessary mean it have to be counter-intuitive.

I'm a dev myself (c++/python) and I hate regex - awful syntax, completely non-expressive and requires additional cognitive load to comprehend, and seeing it used in DomainRules makes me wonder just how complex hostnames can be that they require regex? I'm really curious.

Rant/OFF

That being said, I really appreciate jDownloader and all the work you guys put into it, to the support, and all.

Cheers,
M
Old 19.10.2019, 08:52
English Supporter

Just to follow up on your last post Maelcum, JD entire url supporting (plugins) is powered by regular expressions. Hence why its used in domain rules also. It is what the backend expects, thus for domain rules you're required to provide a valid regular expression pattern within json encoding. It's the latter which catches most people out.

Old 19.10.2019, 23:49
JD VIP

Hi Raztoki,

I get it, all I'm saying is exposing the underlying complexity to users might not be such a good idea, IMHO.

If I want to set domainRules for a given hoster I'd just probably copy an existing link, and it should be the backend's responsibility to turn it into properly encoded format, not mine.

I wouldn't even consider the settings in question being pro/power features, and I think they probably should be in the Settings > Plugin section, since they're per host settings and they can even depend on whether the account is free or premium.

At least that's how I picture an ideal tool :-)

Cheers,
Imre
Old 20.10.2019, 04:26
English Supporter

Quote:
Hi Raztoki,

I get it, all I'm saying is exposing the underlying complexity to users might not be such a good idea, IMHO.
guess classic example why they are in advanced settings;
Warning dialog to boot,
not for the faint hearted/you shouldn't change setting unless you know what you're doing.

In respects to Advanced settings in general, Im sure Appwork could come up with a more user friendly GUI, at a guess they haven't due to lack of use from users vs there availability of time. I do know they didnt want too many settings options within there own panes due to clutter. Keep the most used functions to respective panes, everything else is available by advanced settings.

Quote:
If I want to set domainRules for a given hoster I'd just probably copy an existing link, and it should be the backend's responsibility to turn it into properly encoded format, not mine.
under this example you would still need to know regex ;>
Guess Encoding type is simple as thats what the backend is stored in so its as easy as reading a file and outputting. Maybe solution is some checks on when its not formatted correctly and try and fix it (if it's easy as escape fixing), i know they do check and it wont be saved and or you get prompted.

Quote:
I wouldn't even consider the settings in question being pro/power features, and I think they probably should be in the Settings > Plugin section, since they're per host settings and they can even depend on whether the account is free or premium.
in respects to having them within plugin settings, in jd2 redesign all plugins don't display within this function due to requirement to read all the classes on loading application. this speeds up the loading of the program significantly. its the main reason jd2 can start within few seconds vs many tens of seconds with 0.9 and earlier.

JD2 does over come some of this already with plugin cache, so we can speed things up if everything is based on this 'names' entry. domain rules does work outside of plugin 'names' for directhttp for instance, so probably would need another function to support domains outside of plugin 'names' also.

I always thought (when coalado placed it in current location) that account usage rules should have been better placed in its own section away from the accounts, and had its own pane as 'download bias' or 'download settings', in which you could easily assign download orders (current account usage rules), along with connection settings (chunks/max sim dl for that host) that way to the candidate type (free non account, free account, premium account, and the latter two would be to the account name). This would cover everything associated download candidate in a single location

raztoki

Old 21.10.2019, 00:02
JD VIP

Hi Raztoki,

Quote:
guess classic example why they are in advanced settings;
"Advenced settings" shouldn't mean you need to dust off your rocket science degree, they're just giving the users a fine grained control over the tool's behavior.

Quote:
under this example you would still need to know regex ;>
No, the tool requires the users to be familiar with regex, instead of hiding the complexity. It's a dev's choice and not some universal requirement.

Quote:
in respects to having them within plugin settings, in jd2 redesign all plugins don't display within this function due to requirement to read all the classes on loading application. this speeds up the loading of the program significantly. its the main reason jd2 can start within few seconds vs many tens of seconds with 0.9 and earlier.
Exposing the aforementioned settings in the GUI shouldn't affect the plugin loading process at all.
Ideally these settings shouldn't be needed until downloading's about to start.

Cheers,
M
Old 21.10.2019, 01:17
English Supporter

sorry but your last post just restates what you stated before, and all points have been covered to why it is the way it is. Guess now it comes down to agree to disagree / opinions differ.

Old 26.10.2019, 08:08
JD VIP

Hi Raztoki,

Yeah, it was more like a food for thought post than anything else.
Guess it didn't work ;-)

Everything is subjective in software development (except correctness, I believe), but there are good/best practices, streamlined workflow, polished UI/UX, etc., and it's just a question of time and resources to find and implement those, I guess.

Cheers,
M
Old 26.10.2019, 10:00
English Supporter

For sure, GUI design is very subjective, in the scheme of things appwork/and external supporters like psp/myself had the most inputs (and others), and we wanted to redesign components of the interface to give users more flexibility with GUI. For example, now you can now customise download and linkgrabber layouts, context menus, bottom and top bar of the program, among others. When it came to 'settings' we wanted to provide many more options but not make it over complicated, cluttered and or messy, 'Advanced Settings' was the outcome. Advanced settings had most if not all settings, it was to be presented a key and contained different values types. It was searchable via keywords or the key itself. As to rocket science, I don't believe advanced settings is that complicated, have a look its mostly on/off (boolean) checkboxes or checkboxes, integer/long settings. When it comes to something more complicated like domain rules, it probably isn't for the novice, but still miles easier and convenient for the end user. Compared to say them contemplating installing eclipse and setting up a workspace with jd projects, and then learning how to create/editing a decrypter or hoster plugin, just to support url listening and grab said content, domain rules is suffice.

The biggest issue I see for this project moving forward, is lack of support outside of a couple of external supporters over the years, and Appwork itself. My personal feeling is the project has stagnated in the last many years. The SVN commit rate would reflect that, along with no major changes or features added to the program . That said its still been maintained, and supported which is wonderful for its userbase.

raztoki

Last edited by raztoki; 26.10.2019 at 10:03.
Old 01.12.2019, 19:34
CarbonCopy

Default Forced Download

After this last update when using the "Force Download" feature, it does not re-enable a disabled download as it did before. I wish there was a pause and resume feature instead of having to disable and force download!