JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Closed Thread

Old 04.02.2011, 15:30
ZauriK

Default Slow Speeds and No Resume Support

I'm not sure whether this case is specific to me and/or JDownloader but since this morning (4/4/2010 - approx 10hrs ago) I've been getting very low speeds (less than 25KBps) while downloading from Fileserve. Also the downloads are not resume supported. To be certain that the low speeds weren't anything to do with my ISP i tried downloading from Megaupload and Hotfile and I was able to download using my full download speeds.

I'm using JDownloader version 0.9.581. Last night I was able to download using my full speeds and it was resume supported
Old 04.02.2011, 16:04
Intr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZauriK View Post
I'm not sure whether this case is specific to me and/or JDownloader but since this morning (4/4/2010 - approx 10hrs ago) I've been getting very low speeds (less than 25KBps) while downloading from Fileserve. Also the downloads are not resume supported. To be certain that the low speeds weren't anything to do with my ISP i tried downloading from Megaupload and Hotfile and I was able to download using my full download speeds.

I'm using JDownloader version 0.9.581. Last night I was able to download using my full speeds and it was resume supported
The resume-download on Fileserve has been missing for me also for over a week. The slow downloads problem I have also encountered but it appeared to be link-specific. Some links go at 25-45 KB/s while others (even of the exact same upload) go at the usual (for me) 170KB/s. I have been canceling links which are slow and finding another FS link which works.

I think FS are upgrading servers or implementing something their end. the fact it's only certain links implies the problem is limited to certain servers or locations.

p.s. I'm also using the latest nightly.

Last edited by Intr0; 04.02.2011 at 16:06.
Old 04.02.2011, 16:52
ZauriK

Thanks for confirming that it isn't specific to me Intr0. I hope Fileserve fixes it fast
Old 04.02.2011, 17:28
Intr0

Examples of slow links
Spoiler:
Code:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**

and Fast ones of the same file size and format.
Spoiler:
Code:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**

I should add I'm in the UK on Virgin cable in case IPs come into this
Old 05.02.2011, 01:23
L64

I just want to be clear the problems described by Intr0 and Zaurik are different to Smaganti and me - we are having problems with Premium accounts disabling repeatedly and being recognised as Invalid in JD, when they still work fine through browsers like Google Chrome, etc. No problems for me in UK with download speeds or connections (with Premium account).

Thanks. And seriously - why not just shove in the auto-renable feature I suggested above, for the time being?
Old 05.02.2011, 09:24
stiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by L64 View Post
I just want to be clear the problems described by Intr0 and Zaurik are different to Smaganti and me - we are having problems with Premium accounts disabling repeatedly and being recognised as Invalid in JD, when they still work fine through browsers like Google Chrome, etc. No problems for me in UK with download speeds or connections (with Premium account).

Thanks. And seriously - why not just shove in the auto-renable feature I suggested above, for the time being?
I bet JD team response will be it is solely FS fault. It's been happening since months if you check this thread backward.

I also suggested to force re-enable premium account in case if it gets disabled - no response on this.
Old 05.02.2011, 10:58
JD English Support (inactive)

Sorry,
If you address a message directly to Jiaz it probably will not get answered. He is not on the board most days and cannot review all of the new messages every day. In fact, we don't want him to try to read the over 250 new messages every day, because he would have no time for development.

As to reenabling premium accounts automatically, I do not think it will happen. Premium accounts are disabled when the host says they are not valid. How would JD know to attempt to reenable premium on one host and not another? Or when to try?

Reenabling could not be done on a clock. Such a check would only be effective when it is time to start a new download.

Personally, I think premium accounts are being disabled because the host returns an error message or does not respond at all. Technically, that is a host problem, but the team has already taken steps to minimize how often this happens (in Nightly), and will take more steps in the future.

In general, service from FileServe has been uneven lately, causing slow connections, disabling premium accounts in JD, dropped connections, and refusal to resume downloads. It could be "Growing pains" or they could be trying to reprogram their servers and things are getting messed up on some of them.

Even if it is a problem solely on the FileServe side, the JD team is working on the problems in a more general manner that would apply to many hosts, not just FS. These problems have appeared on many hosts as they reconfigure their servers, so the solutions have to be general.
Old 05.02.2011, 11:17
stiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
Sorry,
[...]
As to reenabling premium accounts automatically, I do not think it will happen. Premium accounts are disabled when the host says they are not valid. How would JD know to attempt to reenable premium on one host and not another? Or when to try?
[...]
Based on account expiration date? JD do such check when premium account is enabled, so it could easily remember that data and force re-enable premium if it gets disabled.
Old 05.02.2011, 11:53
remi

I think there's one parameter you forget : download limits.
Old 05.02.2011, 11:57
stiwi

Just downloaded nightly as I thought something improved there but apparently nothing. It's still the same invalid user. If JD manage to identify premium account properly, then you start downloading the files, it will start download the 1st one and for the 2nd it will disable FS.

It is such a pain in the... I try to to run JD once a month to see if if the problem gets fixed eventually but for the time being, IDM & Mipony are the alternatives for me. Not as great as JD but what to do.
Old 06.02.2011, 11:51

Do not judge JD by the bugs in FS.

There is already a bug report about hosts getting disabled. The problem is to identify what errors should be ignored from FS (or other hosts).

Please provide us with an emergency log showing the problem. I do not have the problem on my computer.
Old 06.02.2011, 21:49
wilsonhenry

I have recently (1 or 2 days) developed this same problem with fileserve as a lot of people seem to have here. I can download through FF fine, even when the error is shoing in JD, but it is this same "too many wrong CAPTCHA" error which quite a few people here have also mentioned. However, this only started after a JD update for me. I can sometimes get it to download by deleting and re-adding the account through JD, but it usually doesn't work and is becoming quite frustrating. Are there any known fixes or upcoming JD updates on this server plugin?
Old 06.02.2011, 21:50
naghtan

I have all the time these error "jdownloader socket timeout read timed out" with fileserve premium and filesonic premium! What i could do? thansk
Old 07.02.2011, 02:06
L64

@ Remi: I have an "unlimited" account, and the account had not been used at all for over two weeks because I was away. The problem never happens with Google Chrome, and if I keep manually re-enabling the account in JD every half an hour, with the number of downloads boosted to 18, I get a smooth download speed.

### Basically I switch on the account so that 18 downloads can start, and then come back and re-enable it when there are only about 5 downloads left to boost the number back up to 15.

However, this is quite a nuisance, particularly as I also have to re-enable failed captcha downloads, and prevents me downloading overnight.

"Reenabling could not be done on a clock. Such a check would only be effective when it is time to start a new download."

@ drbits: As I have said above, it works fairly well just re-enabling periodically, and if it were done every few minutes I'm sure it would work well. Also, it shouldn't be a problem if JD kept trying to re-enable an expired account every 5 minutes.

I realise that this is almost definitely a problem as fileserve's end, but I'm unimpressed that my simple suggestion, which makes the program a heck of a lot more usable for premium Fileserve users is being ignored. It would really make a big difference for us!

Thanks.
Old 07.02.2011, 02:07
L64

PS - is there a Nightly build I should/could try?
Old 07.02.2011, 03:49
stiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by L64 View Post
PS - is there a Nightly build I should/could try?
You can, but for me nightly report exactly the same issues... The thing is that once FS Premium account is added and verified in JD, JD program should be smart enough to keep the premium account enabled all the time unless manually unchecked and re-connect for downloading the files on the list.

I really don't understand why JD developers ask how program should know if it should force enabling premium account or not. But it is simple as that, it is better to force it, than to have JD program useless. Once the premium account is set, it should always remain enabled until it is disabled manually by user and not because JD thinks so.

It is unfortunately a major bug in JD.
Old 07.02.2011, 11:53
remi

The problem is caused by FSe, but jD should be able to circumvent the problem.

That said, the problem probably is that the jD devs don't want to handle the FSe problem differently from the other hosts, because that would take some time they want to spend on higher priority issues.

They probably anticipate that FSe are capable of solving their server issues. It's just a matter of time and priorities.

Again, a complete and detailed log might do wonders.
Old 07.02.2011, 11:58
stiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
[...]
That said, the problem probably is that the jD devs don't want to handle the FSe problem differently from the other hosts, because that would take some time they want to spend on higher priority issues.
[...]
I saw users reporting exactly the same issues for Filesonic and Hotfile, so it is not up to Fileserve only.
Old 07.02.2011, 12:04
remi

OK, then I don't understand why the problem isn't treated with a higher priority.

The devs might not have enough log data to find the cause or other factors like virus and firewall software might be the cause of this issue.
Old 07.02.2011, 12:23
smaganti

Remi,

i have sent Jiaz all the logs and details of my premium account for FS as per his request on 2nd of Feb.Still waiting for his reply
Old 07.02.2011, 12:42
remi

Cool

He might be in a busy period (exams for instance). If you depend on one resource this can happen. A solution to this dependence is to publish your logs. If you want to limit your public to official supporters, then use the official method as I've referred to many times.

If you want to maximise the number of potential people who might take a look at your logs, put your logs in an archive and attach them to your post. You never know some smart member finds a cause that's not related to FSe.
Old 07.02.2011, 13:26
JMD

Default Fileserve - plugin error (out of date)

This has been going on for a while, but now its a bit too annoying.

Im running the latest version of JDownloader, there are no new updates and ive restarted JDownloader several times - nothing has helped so far.

A fix would be awesome!
Old 07.02.2011, 13:29
remi

What about some example links and a complete and detailed log?
Old 07.02.2011, 14:20
JMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
What about some example links and a complete and detailed log?
Link.. cant, its a DLC. I can, however, post the link to the DLC: **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

Log.. sure, asap.
Old 07.02.2011, 16:12
JMD

And here's the log: http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/28034
Old 07.02.2011, 17:08
renegade_officer89

my fileserve download is also unresumeable and will start from the beginning again. i have tested using http downloads and the same thing happened. the problem started after i connected my wireless modem(with wireless disabled) to another wireless modem(with NAT & DHCP disabled) for my home network. does that affect it in any way?

this here's the log :http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/28040
Old 07.02.2011, 18:30
JD Manager

we are working on this issue. we try to get contact with fileserve to find a solution. stay tuned
Old 07.02.2011, 19:03
JMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
we are working on this issue. we try to get contact with fileserve to find a solution. stay tuned
Was the issue known before i reported it?

I mean.. it could be kinda cool with a page devoted to up-to-date news about issues etc.
Old 08.02.2011, 14:59
smaganti

Jiaz,

Any update on this..as i have got one month premium account from FS not using it much.
Old 08.02.2011, 18:33
rafi

Default fileserve.com - captcha not working ?

[19:13] <`rafi_> fileserve.com: "too many wrong captcha attempts".. is it recaptcha ? or another problem? *( I have the anti-captcha module installed).

Last edited by rafi; 08.02.2011 at 20:00.
Old 08.02.2011, 19:55
Community Manager

Merged fileserve threads.
@rafi
There is no recognition for reCaptcha/fileserve, you HAVE to enter the captchas manually or user captchatrader.com (first get some Credits, then use them).

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 08.02.2011, 20:08
rafi

so this anitcaptcha *module* I have in JD - actually worth nothing ?
Old 09.02.2011, 04:08

The SonyTeam anti-reCaptcha is approximately 10% accurate (it takes an average of 10 tries to provide a correct answer). FileServe limits you to 3 tries.

With Captchatrader, you either earn points by answering reCaptchas in advance (7 automatic answers for each time you provide 10 correct responses) or you pay for automatic answers ($6 for 1000, $10 for 5000). Captchatrader responses are provided by humans, so they average over 90% correct.

Go to the website and register. They have a JD plugin (with instructions) available on the site. You have to edit one of the files in the plugin to specify your login ID and password.

I suggest getting at least 3 days worth of credit before using the automatic responses. This is because JDownloader cannot tell Captchatrader that a response was not correct, so we pay for errors as well as correct responses. Also, if you run out of credit, JD just marks an error on the link, it does not revert to manual mode or display any kind of warning.

Running 24/7 I use about 25 reCaptchas (250 points) per day. However, only around half of my downloaded files need reCaptcha and my download speed is around 160KiB/s. 1000 points (100 reCaptchas) takes an hour or two to earn.
Old 09.02.2011, 08:46
JMD

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
...($6 for 1000, $10 for 5000)...

... 1000 points (100 reCaptchas) takes an hour or two to earn.
Go get a job instead, and buy the credit? $3-$6 pr. hour isnt that great "earnings".
Old 09.02.2011, 11:10
remi

Additionally, decaptcher.com is much cheaper if you want to pay for your captchas. If you want to use it, please read "addon for decaptcher.com service".

With captchatrader.com you need to type many more captchas than before, so the only benefit is that you can leave your computer alone when it's downloading.

SonyTeam anti-reCaptcha claims "The success rate climbed to almost 30%!". This means that FSe links, that allow only 3 tries, might fail.
Old 10.02.2011, 20:52
billnotben

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi View Post
[19:13] <`rafi_> fileserve.com: "too many wrong captcha attempts".. is it recaptcha ? or another problem? *( I have the anti-captcha module installed).
Are you sure this is a JDownloader problem? I get this on JDownloader and the web page when they are busy so it's more likely just another recurring fileserve bug.

Along with the wait a while one, where you haven't even downloaded a file yet. Resetting several times in JDownloader often gets rid of this just like clearing the fileserve cookie and reloading the web page often does.

I've come to realise that what I used to think of as JDownloader bugs are really just JDownloader mirroring the web page bugs.
Old 10.02.2011, 21:00
rafi

No, I'm not sure. the other experts here are sure that it's JD not capable to handle re-captcha. I trust they know what they are talking about...
@pspzockerscene:
The point is JD does NOT offer manual input. maybe my anti-captcha module is the problem ?
Old 10.02.2011, 21:14
Community Manager

Whatever, manuel input does work, if not, get a fresh copy of the standard JD version (without any extra captcha addons) then it should work!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 11.02.2011, 07:12
gonzas144

Ive gotta problem here:
Quote:
------------------------ Thread: 22 -----------------------
22 11/02/11 3:06:43 - INFO [java_downloader] -> Start working on TSTDrUn2_DVD1_CyberPunk74689.part3.rar
22 11/02/11 3:06:57 - INFO [java_downloader] -> Handling errors...
22 11/02/11 3:07:20 - INFO [java_downloader] -> Found JAC method for the service fileserve.com in directory anti-r-c_ST
22 11/02/11 3:07:20 - INFO [java_downloader] -> Found JAC method for the service fileserve.com in directory anti-r-c_ST
22 11/02/11 3:07:20 - INFO [java_downloader] -> JAC GET: C:\Program Files (x86)\JDownloader\jd\captcha\methods\anti-r-c_ST\script.jas
22 11/02/11 3:07:20 - INFO [java_downloader] -> Get file: C:\Program Files (x86)\JDownloader\jd\captcha\methods\anti-r-c_ST\letters.mth
22 11/02/11 3:07:29 - INFO [java_downloader] -> Found JAC method for the service fileserve.com in directory anti-r-c_ST
22 11/02/11 3:07:29 - INFO [java_downloader] -> Found JAC method for the service fileserve.com in directory anti-r-c_ST
22 11/02/11 3:07:29 - INFO [java_downloader] -> JAC GET: C:\Program Files (x86)\JDownloader\jd\captcha\methods\anti-r-c_ST\script.jas
22 11/02/11 3:07:29 - INFO [java_downloader] -> Get file: C:\Program Files (x86)\JDownloader\jd\captcha\methods\anti-r-c_ST\letters.mth
22 11/02/11 3:07:31 - INFO [java_downloader] -> Checking captcha errors...
22 11/02/11 3:07:31 - INFO [java_downloader] -> Handling errors...
22 11/02/11 3:07:32 - INFO [java_downloader] -> Waittime detected, waiting 15 seconds from now on...
22 11/02/11 3:07:54 - WARNING [java_downloader] ->
Error occured- latest: ERROR_TEMPORARILY_UNAVAILABLE
00100000000001000000100000000001 <Statuscode
00000000000000000000000000000001 |TODO
00000000000000000000100000000000 |ERROR_TEMPORARILY_UNAVAILABLE
00000000000001000000000000000000 |PLUGIN_IN_PROGRESS
00100000000000000000000000000000 |PLUGIN_ACTIVE
ErrorMessage: Problemas de servidor?

22 11/02/11 3:07:54 - WARNING [java_downloader] -> Error occurred: Temporarily unavailably: PLease wait 600000 ms for a retry

------------------------ Thread: 15 -----------------------
15 11/02/11 3:07:54 - INFO [java_downloader] -> Start new Download: fileserve.com

------------------------ Thread: 23 -----------------------
23 11/02/11 3:07:54 - INFO [java_downloader] -> Start working on TSTDrUn2_DVD1_CyberPunk74689.part4.rar

------------------------ Thread: 24 -----------------------
24 11/02/11 3:07:56 - FINER [java_downloader] -> Abort all active Downloads

------------------------ Thread: 23 -----------------------
23 11/02/11 3:07:58 - INFO [java_downloader] -> Handling errors...
23 11/02/11 3:08:01 - INFO [java_downloader] -> There seems to be an error, no captcha is shown!
23 11/02/11 3:08:01 - INFO [java_downloader] -> Checking captcha errors...
23 11/02/11 3:08:02 - INFO [java_downloader] -> Handling errors...
23 11/02/11 3:08:02 - INFO [java_downloader] -> Limite de descarga alcanzado
23 11/02/11 3:08:02 - FINEST [java_downloader] -> Thread aborted

------------------------ Thread: 24 -----------------------
24 11/02/11 3:08:02 - INFO [java_downloader] -> DownloadWatchDog: stop

------------------------ Thread: 13 -----------------------
13 11/02/11 3:08:03 - INFO [java_downloader] -> Downloads stopped
Im using the SonyTeam anti-Recaptcha, and it works great, in less than 3 attempts the plugin passed the captcha.

But... when the timer ends (like 20 seconds) it says "Problems With server?" "Problemas con el servidor? Please Wait 10 min"

Same problem with CaptchaTrader.

Any Ideas?.
Old 11.02.2011, 07:14
gonzas144

It works ok with manual captcha

x)
Closed Thread