JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 30.10.2010, 15:23
Ryuken

Default Jdownloader freezes

Hey, i have a weird problem and i've searched for someone with the same problem on the forum and i've read some stickies but haven't found the solution to my problem.
So i've registered to post my problem.
I don't really have a log to post since i haven't encountered an error.
here's the thing:

I copy links, filegrabber finds them immediately and i start downloading the files.
After 5 seconds, every link just stops downloading but the download meter in jdownloader says i'm downloading at a certain speed (for example 2mb/sec). But at every link i can see the download has stopped and the numbers just freeze.
But the program itself doesn't freeze and i can add new links etc etc.
So what have i tried:

I have bitdefender total security 2010. Ive added every java .exe to the firewall but no change. I have even removed my entire anitvirus to test if that was the problem but no change.
I've updated java to the latest version.
I've downloaded the windows 7 patch i found here on this forum.
But nothing works.
And the funny thing is, jdownloader was working fine last week before i reinstalled win7 ultimate. After the reinstall, it stops downloading every time.
So is this a known problem or am i being a total noob?

Thnx in advance.
Old 30.10.2010, 16:45
Ryuken

http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/16846

This is the log that i should give to my supporter.

Greetings
Old 31.10.2010, 01:30
aversivienes

The same problem here, where is the link to the windows 7 patch here in the forum?
Old 31.10.2010, 10:34
remi

There must be a link to that patch in one of the sticky threads of the forum.

@Ryuken

You need to remove your firewall as well. You don't need one if you've one in your router.
Did you check whether there were no remaining remnants of your virus software? Some viruses are very difficult to remove and some virus vendors have a special removal tool for it. Also use a registry cleaner. You need to restart your computer after you've removed all the garbage.
Old 02.11.2010, 12:14
aversivienes

I have the same problem of freeze and my pc is free of any kind of virus, I just installed the O.S :S
Old 02.11.2010, 12:59
remi

Are you sure it's patched?
Old 02.11.2010, 19:52
Ryuken

Removed every antivirus, firewall etc. Still the same problem. Don't understand it. And if it was a firewall problem then i wouldn't be able to download 5 sec. Then it would block it completely.
Sigh, i hope i find a solution soon cos jdownloader rox. :(
Old 02.11.2010, 22:27
JD VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
Removed every antivirus, firewall etc. Still the same problem. Don't understand it. And if it was a firewall problem then i wouldn't be able to download 5 sec. Then it would block it completely.
Sigh, i hope i find a solution soon cos jdownloader rox. :(
I will assume your using a PC and winblows.
Suggestion as some AV software will actually put parts of an app into limbo and thus certain parts may not work as expected. I would suggest trying to do a reinstall of the 32 bit java and the JD app just incase one of the AV programs actually did break the app originally.

Oh and run some disk tools on the drive to check for consistency, bad blocks etc. You may be due for it. Also I'm not sure which registry checkers are worth their salt any more but it could also be that the registry is having conflicts too or something is pointing to the wrong app or location thus systems/apps break in a sense. I would try to get hold of a good reg checker/repair tool. Others on the board may have a suggestion for that.

Just a thought.

Last edited by Statter; 02.11.2010 at 22:31.
Old 03.11.2010, 11:18
JD English Support (inactive)

Whichever antivirus you were using is likely still attached to your Windows kernel and drivers. Check the support site for the antivirus for a "Cleanup" program and download it.

Save a Restore Point. Run the Cleanup program and restart your computer. Running chkdsk is a good idea.

No one program cleans the registry well enough. I suggest downloading two programs:
comodo.com (free) System Cleaner and "Glary Utilities" from GlarySoft.com (also free). You must restart the computer after cleaning the registry.

Please read General Discussion -> Self Help Index -> Choosing and installing security software.

Last edited by drbits; 03.11.2010 at 11:20.