JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 06.01.2017, 13:58
JD Alpha

Default Does JD prevent Windows 10 from auto-start?

I'm thinking of (finally) upgrading to Windows 10, but I am concerned that it can automatically restart after updating without any way for the user to stop it.

Is JD smart enough to stop Windows 10 from automatically restarting after an update? (We don't want to restart while downloading)
Old 06.01.2017, 14:27
JD Manager

Did a quick search but did not find a way how a program can prevent this.
In case you know how, would be nice if you can share
At the moment JDownloader can only prevent Standby (see AntiStandyExtension in Settings)

But you can disable auto reboot on updates (google for it)
Old 06.01.2017, 14:50
JD Alpha

Thanks Jiaz!

I've tried googling and it seems like since the anniversary update they've made it harder (almost impossible) to override the restart upon update. There is a way using group policies, but that is only to Win 10 Pro, and not Regular Home Versions.

It will be nice if Microsoft updates Win10 to NOT do this, but I was hoping the geniuses at JD had found away around it

Seriously, how stupid is microsoft for making an OS that will shutdown a system when programs are running and downloads are in progress, all without asking the user? This is why I have been using Win7 for so long.
Old 06.01.2017, 15:00
JD Manager

Without asking the user? As far as I know the user gets informed about the pending update/restart and user can say *not now*. Never restarted without any notification (at least for me)
Old 06.01.2017, 16:11
JD Alpha

From what I am reading (Please correct me if I am wrong), yes there is a popup asking the user to restart, but if the user does not say anything, it will automatically restart. This would be an issue for JD when we set large downloads before we go to bed (or go to work, etc) and can't be at the computer when it asks to restart. If it doesn't restart unless it gets some answer from the user, that is fine, but from what I am hearing, that is not the case.
Old 06.01.2017, 16:15
JD Manager

Yes, a popup will show up and inform the user about the restart. But the user can *abort/delay* it. From OS point of view it makes sense to auto restart. I only saw that dialog show up for security updates and it makes sense to install them as soon as possible.
Old 07.01.2017, 10:43
JD Alpha

As long as windows will wait for the user when the "abort/delay" popup shows up, even if the user doesn't choose an option for hours, then that would be fine. It is that from what I am reading windows will automatically restart if it doesn't receive a user response after a couple minutes.

I understand security updates should be installed asap. but I wouldn't want to cancel a 1GB download from a slow, non-resumable hoster to do it :( Like I mentioned, I'm just upgrading to Win10, so I don't know if this is the case, but I hope it's not a problem, especially because it is a Win10 problem, and not a JD problem.
Old 09.01.2017, 14:59
JD Manager

I think for microsoft the security update is more important and if the workload would be that important, I guess they think that you can click *ask in xy minutes/hours*.
Old 14.01.2017, 22:51
DanSk8t9

Excellent. Thanks for the help Jiaz!