JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 11.05.2020, 12:59
Baby Loader

Exclamation So jdownloader.jar does get updates?

Hello, i would like to ask if jdownloader.jar gets updated too when i update though the app.

I'm using Jdownloader2.exe 32bit to launch the app.

I found these two jdownloader.jar

This one that is offered in clean installers page
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

&
this one:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

There's a difference in "Ant-Version: Apache Ant" .
1.70 vs 1.10.5

Well, my question is: are both files legit? And how can i be sure i'm using the latest jdownloader.jar?

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 11.05.2020, 13:19
English Supporter

@svartevarg
I believe the update system will update all files, except for files which are provided by the installer (exe launchers to start JD, and packaged jre).
How to make sure you have the latest JDownloader? ensure that you download the installer or jar from our website. On launch update checks for older/outdated components take place and you get prompted if you want to download/install.

The older dated reference could still be in play due to users turning off updates, or users submitting older installs (eg. multios.zip). Even maybe a older bug which prevented updates (think you had to manually replace it yourself to fix issue).

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 11.05.2020, 14:22
Baby Loader

Thanks for the clarification. I run the updater again & seems like it's updated all the files mentioned (made a folder backup & compared files)

Also can u maybe explain why 32bit is using xmx value in vmoptions file while 64bit version is using xms? Is it performance related? I know the difference between the two in theory, but don't know how it works with jdownloader2 in practice.
Old 11.05.2020, 14:46
English Supporter

I'm not 100% sure as I have zero involvement with installers. But... is this a current 32bit installer? or really old ones? Maybe even new ones since 32 bit maybe deemed support for older systems with limited resources in comparison.

I know years ago the 512MB was our default value for memory allocation even going back to 0.9581. This value worked well with most users in JDownloader 2 with standard use. This also went hand in hand with average of users have small amounts of system memory available.

Maybe with 64bit installs its assumed that there is a larger amount of ram is available, and the minimum value is a better approach than upper value. This allows the program to grow as required, based on the users needs/requirements (entry, average, power).

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 11.05.2020, 15:21
JD Manager

We don't update JDownloader.jar because it will update itself on first launch. Maybe if there are important changes to update system but as long as JDownloader.jar can update to latest version, no real need to keep it up2date.
The Xmx parameter is just old launcher. We had some older installers out there with Xmx set while others without this parameter. We removed it to use default values from Java and because newer Java version have lots of changes in internal memory managment.

Last edited by Jiaz; 11.05.2020 at 15:24.
Old 11.05.2020, 15:55
Baby Loader

These are the installers i was referring to:

https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...&postcount=246

Don't know if newer adware-free (separate) installers for 32bit & 64bit exist. 'cause i wanna use 32bit jdownloader2 with 64bit WindowsOS on older pc with 4GB of ram.
Old 11.05.2020, 16:25
JD Manager

Of course you can use those installers. Doesn't matter, you can easily alter/remove the Xmx parameters in .vmoptions file