JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 17.03.2015, 16:56
JerryL

Default Request: Show ALL related urls in Properties>Show Download URLS

When you select a link and go to Properties>Show Download URLS, I would like to see listed all related URLS that JDownloader knows about for that link, whether they be Source, Data, Container, etc. The particular type of link should be somehow indicated for each. Perhaps there could be separate tabs to list each type of link together (Source, Data, etc.), which might be helpful when selecting multiple links.

People seem to have different needs for what kind of url they want to see or access. The setting in User Interface>Download address display can be used to pick which type of url appears in a column of the Downloads/LinkGrabber table, but the Show Download URLS ought to always give you access to all related URLS.
Old 17.03.2015, 17:15
JD Manager

Click on the entry in your list (enable download from column) and it will show all known urls for that entry.
Old 17.03.2015, 17:59
JerryL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Click on the entry in your list (enable download from column) and it will show all known urls for that entry.
I don't quite understand what you mean, Jiaz. What list are you talking about? I enabled the Download from column but where do I click in the Downloads/Linkgrabber table to see all the urls? Clicking on the single url in the Download from column doesn't do anything nor does clicking on the entry in the show Download URLs popup.

For example, I select this link: **External links are only visible to Support Staff** (Source)
on this page: **External links are only visible to Support Staff** (Referrer)
And I filter out all but the uploaded.to link: **External links are only visible to Support Staff** (Data).

If I suitably ordered the Source, Data, Referrer positions in the Settings>User Interface Downloadlink address display configuration, I could see any one of these 3 URLs in the Downloads/LinkGrabber tables, but only one at a time.

But without changing the configuration order, I want to somewhere see, in one place at one time, all the 3 related URLS for that link. Exactly how can I do that currently?
Old 17.03.2015, 18:09
JD Manager

I'm sorry but what for? If you need addtional info you can click on it and get the info and can click on it to copy the url

There is no way to show all available urls at the same time. We could add additional columns to show url dialog , if that is okay for you?
Old 17.03.2015, 18:19
JerryL

Quote:
I'm sorry but what for? If you need addtional info you can click on it and get the info and can click on it to copy the url
I still don't know what you mean -- EXACTLY WHERE do I click to get the info to see all the 3 different URLs, perhaps not at one time, but not by having to change the configuration order in settings each time? Please be more precise.

Quote:
There is no way to show all available urls at the same time. We could add additional columns to show url dialog , if that is okay for you?
No, columns for long paths are cumbersome. The best place is to show them all is in vertical list, as in the Show Download URLS popup. That's the request I'm making. This post is, therefore, NOT SOLVED.
Old 17.03.2015, 18:30
JD Manager

In DownloadList, enable the "download from" column
then you can click on the url in the table and a popup will open that shows all known urls for this link.
Old 17.03.2015, 18:44
JerryL

Quote:
In DownloadList, enable the "download from" column
then you can click on the url in the table and a popup will open that shows all known urls for this link.
Ok, I see now. It only works in the Downloads table, not the LinkGrabber table (don't see why), but that's ok. THIS SOLUTION WORKS FOR ME. My request is retracted. Thanks.

Jerry
Old 17.03.2015, 19:16
JD Manager

It works in both tables. Just make sure you've enabled the column in each table
In case it does not work in linkgrabber for you, I would like to do a teamviewer session to check/fix this
Old 17.03.2015, 21:40
JerryL

Quote:
It works in both tables. Just make sure you've enabled the column in each table
In case it does not work in linkgrabber for you, I would like to do a teamviewer session to check/fix this
Ok, here's the difference: In LinkGrabber, double-clicking on the download url at the package level does NOT work. But clicking on a specific link does. Whereas, in the Downloads table, you can double-click on both package and link and it works.
Old 18.03.2015, 01:42
English Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryL View Post
Ok, here's the difference: In LinkGrabber, double-clicking on the download url at the package level does NOT work. But clicking on a specific link does. Whereas, in the Downloads table, you can double-click on both package and link and it works.
sorry your mistaken once again. Double click on package only works when its a single child package (contains one link). If the package contains multiple links double click wont work in either linkgrabber or download tabs.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 18.03.2015, 01:59
JerryL

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
sorry your mistaken once again. Double click on package only works when its a single child package (contains one link). If the package contains multiple links double click wont work in either linkgrabber or download tabs.
raztoki
I forgot about the filters I have set in the LinkGrabber. So although I only saw a package with one link in LinkGrabber, the package actually contained other links not visible. Whereas, when I added it to the Download list, it only contained the one link.

Frankly, while this access to the urls from within a column in LinkGrabber and Download list is fine for some, for my purposes I'd rather just see them ALL somehow in a popup (even when a multi-member package is selected) and not get tricked by these issues. I don't want the extra column in my view for one thing.
Old 18.03.2015, 03:11
English Supporter

we offer multiple ways todo things, dialogs are also possible: use show download urls under the properties right click context under what ever selection you have. You will then get a dialog, and double click will give you the same option for each link or default display what's shown url display order.

if you have horizontal space issue in download/linkgrabber tabs you can enable horizontal bars in
settings > advanced >
GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings: Horizontal Scrollbars In Linkgrabber Table
GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings: Horizontal Scrollbars In Download Table

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 18.03.2015, 14:44
JerryL

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
we offer multiple ways todo things, dialogs are also possible: use show download urls under the properties right click context under what ever selection you have. You will then get a dialog, and double click will give you the same option for each link or default display what's shown url display order....
Having multiple ways of doing thing is good. But they should be equivalent. At the moment, the Show Download URLS popup only lists a subset of what you can see by double-clicking within the Download from column: Namely, it seems to only show one related URL for each link, the one that matches first based on the configured display order. So to see the other related URLS (without changing the display order each time) you can only do this by adding an extra column to the Downloads and LinkGrabber lists and double-clicking from there.

Meanwhile, there is no way with either approach to see ALL related URLS for multiple links at a time, as from a package.

If the different approaches are not to be fully equivalent, then I think it should be the other way around. The Show Download URLS popup should give you the complete set of information and the table column, provide some degree of the functionality as desired, for convenience.
Old 18.03.2015, 14:51
JD Manager

I will add additional columns to show url dialog and also make it clickable like in downloadlist/linkgrabber
Old 18.03.2015, 15:15
JerryL

Quote:
I will add additional columns to show url dialog and also make it clickable like in downloadlist/linkgrabber
Could you instead have separate tabs in the popup to list each URL type? One could then continue to do a select-all (Ctrl-A) and copy all the urls of a given type in any one tab, just as you can do now for just the one type. Otherwise, if there were multiple columns for the various types, how could you do that?
Old 18.03.2015, 14:52
JD Manager

Old 18.03.2015, 15:18
JD Manager

we will think about that, a good and easy solution
Old 18.03.2015, 15:28
JerryL

Quote:
we will think about that, a good and easy solution
Thank you, Jiaz. Alternatively I guess, with multiple columns, the right click context menu could present several entries to let you choose which url data type to copy for the links you select.