whismerhill

Question don't try all captchas when no activity on computer

hi,

Currently, if I'm not in front of computer
and there's a bunch of files queued
then Jdownloader will do them all in order
try all the captchas, fail and skip all files and end there that is all

I would like Jdownloader to instead behave like this if possible :
-If one captcha fails, make a popup or notification of some kind & stop there & then, finishing remaining downloads only

or better even :
-If no activity detected on computer and pending downloads require captchas (screen is in power saving mode for example), then wait for computer activity to resume and then present captchas ...

is it possible ?
Thanks.
Old 30.01.2020, 14:19
English Supporter

currently there is no automatic version to detect that you're not at the terminal. But if you set silent mode (available on the toolbar) prior to leaving you wont get any popups (captcha & password fields).

-edit-

there are advanced settings, just had a quick look
settings > advanced settings > filter : 'silent mode'

it should do as you ask.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 30.01.2020 at 14:23. Reason: i didn't recall full function of silent mode.
Old 01.02.2020, 00:38
Black Hole

The problem i have with that 'solution" is while it doesn't popup captchas, it still ATTEMPTS to download files requiring them. The bad part of that is, many hosters treat the attempt (even if you don't actually download anything) against your daily quota.

Because of that, any time I'm going to leave the computer, I have to manually skip all rapidgator, filejoker, filefox etc files or I will come back with "daily limit reached" or similar messages even if nothing was downloaded. Sure, I could set a "stop" mark way up so that nothing else attempts to start, but my queue is also loaded with a lot of files that do not require captchas, and those would all get stopped too.

What would be a nice solution, at least to me, is that if one file from a hoster does an automatic "Skipped - Captcha Required" then it would automatically skip ALL subsequent files of that hoster so that they don't continue to attempt in vain. That way any non-captcha files would still run in order, but the daily quote wouldn't get used up on failed attempts.
Old 01.02.2020, 08:11
English Supporter

each plugin can be set with hasCaptcha setter to predefine, then its mapped in memory. If the setter is wrong it will update the map held. This should prevent trying the same host over and over again. I have never used silent mode (that I can recall), but that was its design intention.

Maybe there is a bug, or you have the wrong setting not entirely sure. I haven't seen anyone complain about silent mode recently.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]