JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > Problems & Bug Reports

Old 14.04.2012, 14:04
peace

Unhappy Huge Data Loss Due to Reset

It's been only 7 days and this happened again... I had hardly managed to recover part of the old database from an old backup and some of the files using various undelete software. Many months of downloading using JD for nothing. Reset had completely erased from the disk the whole previous good database and all the finished downloads, all my work... I had accidentally pressed Force download to a couple of files in between but instead the whole list of files had been checked. It was a horrible experience... Today, some time ago I pressed Control and Enter and the same thing happened. For god's shake please do something to protect the data. JD is an excellent software but yet it misses to protect against data loss.
Thank you
Old 14.04.2012, 20:00
Community Manager

So you problem is that the data you downloaded are gone?!
Did you reset them or how did that happen?
I didn't fully understand you, sorry.

Greez pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 14.04.2012, 23:47
peace

Red face That was a fatal mistake

I had selected the whole download list as the list was very long to scroll up and down. and then clicked on Force download... the pointer however slipped a little bit further down and I clicked on Reset and then all those pop-up errors. No second chance to do anything. That was horrible... I started checking all the folders one by one. They were all empty... There were hundreds of GB and I was left with only 60 GB. This is the first time a downloader deletes my finished downloads.
Old 14.04.2012, 23:50
Community Manager

Well there is nothing you can do about it except try to recover some of the data using data recovery software.

Greez pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 15.04.2012, 01:20
peace

Question Complete downloads and incomplete downloads

What is most daunting is that it may happen again. Because of the way I process the downloads via JD and the periodicity of downloading, that is I may spend one or two days downloading and then many days not, I end up with many unfinished/incomplete downloads/links scattered all over from the previous days or weeks. As no one would want/need to reset finished downloads (in case they were completely useless one would delete them instead) but only incomplete downloads/links, can we have a lock on those complete/finished files (from within JD) or at least a message (with the no button selected by default)?
Old 15.04.2012, 02:19
Freeloader

In the future u should take care not to click on the reset button, and normally JD should give you a warning window anyway. Perhaps its best to move the reset button under the properties option which is available only in JD 2 beta version. But again since there is already a warning window this might not be necessary at all.
Old 15.04.2012, 03:39
peace

Red face

When you are tired and work on other things as well and you have clicked on hundreds of Ok buttons the whole day, you may not distinguish even what the dialog box says, and just click on it because you are used to... I am so happy to hear JD 2 will offer the possibility of changing the position of the options in the pop-up menu as I will definitely change the position of Reset to move it as far away from Force download and Resume as possible