JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Closed Thread

Old 02.08.2015, 20:54
Zaron

Default JD2 changing cursor speed

Hey there, I noticed that whenever JD2 had a captcha that opened up a site on my browser (to make it an easier captcha), my mouse cursor slowed down noticably.

I'm not sure if it just set the speed down one bar in the settings, because I increased it by one after, or if it fixed itself after restart, but it was still odd to have a downloader program mess with my cursor speed?!

I have a Logitech G500 and am using default settings for that, just changed cursor speed in windows settings (wasn't using any logitech software a couple of months ago when I first noticed this happening, now I have it installed for game profiles but no difference)
Old 03.08.2015, 05:25
English Supporter

JDownloader does not intentionally alter your systems mouse movement speed.

I use Logitech G9X mouse, and never noticed this. I also have the keyboard/mouse software installed (required to set key bindings M[123R] or G[123456] keys.

Do you have any key shortcuts set in that software to auto adjust mouse speed?? As I understand this is normally done with clicking mouse - + in the G9X series.

JD does does use keys to ensure some windows stay on top etc. Maybe this is what's causing it?

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 05.05.2016, 14:56
Baby Loader

Just a heads up :
I have the same issue (Windows 7 x64 running on a laptop with a mouse plugged). Everytime JDownloader opens a browser tab for a captcha challenge, my mouse sensivity is reset.

Jdownloader 2
Core #33679
Launcher #3373
AppWork Utilities #2262
Browser #33654
Updater #489
Old 06.05.2016, 07:54
English Supporter

@moemoe

Opening and closing browser should not cause mouse interference.
Does your mouse have quick adjustments to mouse speed/sensitivity by keyboard shortcuts? What mouse hardware and software are you running?

raztoki

Old 12.05.2016, 21:49
Baby Loader

I don't think I have set custom shortcuts for this, and I am definitely not pressing keys that correspond to such a shortcut. The event which resets mouse sensitivity is tied to JD's opening and processing of the captcha window, I am 100% positive about this - I don't have to touch anything.

XPS M1530 laptop, Razer Deathadder. No mouse driver installed, the touchpad driver is installed (but I'm not using it).
Old 12.05.2016, 23:47
Baby Loader

I have checked out the source, and have a hunch it's related to the use of java.awt.Robot, because a quick Google search lead me to this **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**, and the step to reproduce that problem is exactly what is done inside JD, see org.jdownloader.captcha.v2.challenge.recaptcha.v2.Recaptcha2BrowserViewport line 36:
Quote:
getRobot().mouseMove(clickX, clickY);
More info at **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**.

Will see if I can debug step by step and confirm executing this one line breaks my mouse sensitivity.

I have checked out the source, and have a hunch it's related to the use of java.awt.Robot, because a quick Google search lead me to this **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**, and the step to reproduce that problem is exactly what is done inside JD, see org.jdownloader.captcha.v2.challenge.recaptcha.v2.Recaptcha2BrowserViewport line 36:
Quote:
getRobot().mouseMove(clickX, clickY);
More info at **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**.

Will see if I can debug step by step and confirm executing this one line breaks my mouse sensitivity.

edit : got it, can reproduce it using Eclipse.
=> can reproduce the problem with stock JDownloader.exe (the Java in my PATH is 'java version "1.7.0_80", Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_80-b15), Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.80-b11, mixed mode), or within Eclipse, using JDK 1.7.0.79, but only when not debugging (which I fail to understand).
Commenting the calls to mouseMove in Recaptcha2BrowserViewport makes the problem go away.

Last edited by moemoe; 13.05.2016 at 02:56.
Old 13.05.2016, 02:52
English Supporter

nice detective work,
I'm also using XPS (older version though) laptop with windows 7, but I have logitec mouse and keyboard via usb and never experience mouse speed changing. I do have quick controls on the mouse to change speed.

raztoki

Old 13.05.2016, 03:16
Baby Loader

I understand this is not a bug in JD per se, but it is extremely irritating nonetheless (in most cases, no program should ever mess with system settings).

Should a bug be filed on JD side so that this issue with Java gets at least known ?

Last edited by moemoe; 13.05.2016 at 03:19.
Old 23.05.2016, 23:08
DSL Light User

Hi, I'm having the same issue. It's definetly happening every time the captcha opens in a browser tab, saying "I am not a Robot".
(I use Win7x64, Firefox 46.0.1, Java 8 update91 Build 1.8.0_91-b14)
I use a Logitech G500 with the mouse tool "SetPoint". After the captcha slowed my cursor, I need to open SetPoint and re-apply the speed settings to get back to normal speed.

Could this be related to this other older topic? https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=65827 ; it says _solved_ but no solution given.
Old 24.05.2016, 16:45
JD Manager

The other thread states solved because the last feedback we got that it no longer happens.

@moemoe
Thanks for the findings!

@All: Once the Captcha Dialog opens, just disable the *auto click* checkbox so the checkbox is not clicked automatically! This should do it. Of course you will have to click the *Im not a human* yourself then
Old 24.05.2016, 16:46
JD Manager

Advanced Settings, search for BrowserCaptchaSolver.autoclickenabled
and disable it.
Old 24.05.2016, 22:12
Baby Loader

Thank you very much for the workaround !
Old 24.05.2016, 22:29
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Ad-free installers || Werbefreie Installer
Windows Setup<--JD2 BETA-->Linux Setup x86 || Linux Setup x64 || Mac Setup
-----=>Support Chat<=-----
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
That's true James
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist
Closed Thread