JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Closed Thread

Old 28.05.2009, 09:09
mahouneko

@Herker:
Yeah, that's actually because of your UnRAR add-on. Just flip over to the Add-On tab on your JDownloader and untick the part where it says "Activate".
Old 28.05.2009, 17:48
Tolmies_underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
The new version is great but it seems some people can't see further than the new gui...
WTH are you talking about? I've had my whinges about things that weren't working for me/I didnt like but the devs fixed the issues and I'm downloading from packages from UJ with +100 links fully automated. I would love to see that happen with CryptLoad or any other OCDL manager.:biggrin:

Instead of just complaining, perhaps you should take the time to also formulate exactly what you're having issues with?:oops::beta:
Old 28.05.2009, 19:27
Rincewind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolmies_underpants View Post
WTH are you talking about? I've had my whinges about things that weren't working for me/I didnt like but the devs fixed the issues and I'm downloading from packages from UJ with +100 links fully automated. I would love to see that happen with CryptLoad or any other OCDL manager.:biggrin:

Instead of just complaining, perhaps you should take the time to also formulate exactly what you're having issues with?:oops::beta:
I think it's been a misunderstood here, I was giving you the reason, (you can read my first post in this thread). Maybe you thought i was beiing sarcastic or something like that but i wasn't. All i said that is that there are many pepole complaining about the new gui and can't see that the new version brings much more than that.
Old 28.05.2009, 19:44
woongah

Default I'm crying mu heart out

I was using JD to download files from Megaupload... the new MU plugin was able to read most of the new MU captchas, I had to corrige some mistakes of the OCR from times to time, but complessively everything was workig fine. JD was my best friend, a fine piece of software who could not have been praised enough. It did all I needed, and it did it with a paleozoic PIII 800mHz...

Then, this morning, in a moment of utterly idiocy, I updated JD... everything's gone bad since. My old JD gone inconsistent ( my fault), the new one ( I downloaded the zip and installed it in a new directory) has froze for hours and hours with the annoying "Load'n click installation" (I don't give a fig of this feature, could I go on and install it another day?) window popped up, and there is no way for me to undestand what really happens in the background.

I tried to revive version 0.4.936 - I kept a copy of the zip - but apparently the "old" MU plugin in it doesn't work that well, unless I have some form of inconsistency in the linkbackup files from my old JD that prevents them form correctly work or some other, unknown issue.

Now, I'm gonna try to revamp version 4.13xx, that someone has kindly posted in this thread, and to place in it the Webinterface add-on from the old JD, but at this moment my frustration is near an all-time high. The fact is that JD used to work so fine that I got addicted to it.

I have a faint ideea of the work you put in this new version, but I hate to say that most of it seems - to me - to have been a waste. The new look & feel looks quite unfriendly, with the old yellow/green, warmer tones of version 0.4 replaced by a colder (and not cooler) and even less visible grey and blue scale. And this new layout with his right panel... looks probably fine on a 16:9 screen, but seems quite cramped in my 4:3 17''.

Anyway, many thanks for all your work till now. But, for once, you sucked.
Old 28.05.2009, 19:59
dark_phoenix

Hey, I just came by to say thanks for the time and effort you put in this software !
The update was great !
No bugs here, really great new GUI, nice performance, and so on.
I rly like the update, keep up the good work!
Old 28.05.2009, 20:07
funkymonk

Yep, its horrible. Adding links now is just a needlessly more complicated task. Hate it.
Old 28.05.2009, 20:14
Tolmies_underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
I think it's been a misunderstood here, I was giving you the reason, (you can read my first post in this thread). Maybe you thought i was beiing sarcastic or something like that but i wasn't. All i said that is that there are many pepole complaining about the new gui and can't see that the new version brings much more than that.
Oh, I thought you were saying we shouldn't get caught up with the flashy interface.:blink: Reading it again it's crystal clear though, sorry.

And yes, I think you're right. It's not perfect yet and critique/help is certainly called for, but comparing it to the old version is beyond a reasonable approach. It's like comparing a windmill to a airplane - the old version you looked at and went "I guess it's kind of possible..." where this one actually does it.
Old 28.05.2009, 20:33
najgori

just two things for my first post:
1. great program - thank you all guys for your hard work
2. i just replaced .5 version with the old one. i'm probably to dumb for smart new version.
Old 28.05.2009, 21:24
anzial

1) I like the fact that developers are trying to improve on their free program. Keep it up and some day we might be willing to pay for it
2) new version does have some nice features but not all of them are working properly. Take for example drag-n-drop links: why the hell does it have to be 2-stage process? I mean, how hard is it to program selecting the space BETWEEN links instead of the links and then asking where do you want to put it? I think a windows-explorer like drag-n-drop is much more user-friendly.
3) the new version eliminated a few useful features that were in the old version. I've reported them and hopefully developers will restore them with next update.
Overall, I like the new version but it's not BUG-free as Jiaz claims. For one, it does spike in resource usage (CPU cycles), I never heard my laptop rev up the fans while running the old version and now it happens quite frequently (note, everything else is the same, so its the new JD that loads up the CPU a bit MORE than the old version which never overheated my laptop)
Old 28.05.2009, 21:59
sagei

I cannot presume to speak for others, but the people harping about the looks should realize that most people are trying to complain about ease of use but are being rather inarticulate. Many people were very happy with the functionality of the old jd. Even if there were bugs they were satisfied with the basic design and more importantly the work flow.
The new collector, navigation etc have been made needlessly complicated. I found myself taking 2-3 steps to accomplish something that could be done unthinkingly in one shot in the old jd. It is discomfiting and annoying Even if I have to forcibly adapt to the new interface as now seems the case I will still regard the old version as superior. Not because I am nostalgic or whiny but because it was a design concept that served me well over a long period of time.
The app now has senseless complications hidden behind a very thin veneer of sophistication. Unfortunately, people upset by the loss of the familiar workflow are venting their anger on the most visible target, namely the gui. People are creatures of habit and the developers should have kept this in mind and curbed their ambitions accordingly. Users are not programmers. Simply being told how technically advanced something is does not automatically improve our experience of it. Day in , day out we have to live with what we actually see and feel and not what someone tells us we should be seeing and feeling.
But what really seems to have pissed off some people including me is the way that this update has been rammed down our throats.
The common response is server load but in over twenty installation attempts I have found that v4 is being deliberately killed.
Whenever I install with the net connection on, the update
available dialog box pops up. Even though I explicitly press the cancel button yet my firewall shows that jd is making lots of connections and downloading small amounts of data anyway. It then pops up an update completed message even though I chose not to update. Once this happens jd v4 will not work. It opens but it won't download the links. If I disable update after this initial 'non-update' and then restart jd still remains dead and it's not because of waiting for some server since my firewall shows that jd isn't even trying to make connections anymore. Instead it just sits there with the enabled links showing no timers etc. If i try to reset, enable/disable etc it even freezes and crashes. This is no exaggeration, but before this update business jd never crashed on me even once.
If I install with the net disconnected, it still asks to update
and then attempts and fails to make connections when I press cancel. Despite this the update completed message pops up. I now go into config and disable auto updating and then save and restart once, just for safety. Only then do I reconnect to the net and restart jd whereupon, surprise, surprise it works. I am not the only one to end up with a dead v4 after 'cancelling' the update.
Am not spinning conspiracy theories and concede that the problem may be one that the jd team are simply unaware of. But after more than 20 attempts I am not buying the server load excuse.
What has upset people even more is the seeming unavailabity of the older version. I am now running v4 that I downloaded from brothersoft but since the 'non update' killed my original install I now no longer have the updated captchas, tray icon etc.
Intentional, unintentional whatever the case may be, I request the jd team to replace my copy of v4 that was ruined in this mess. Please create a v4 package with ALL the last updated captchas, add-ons etc and put it up on rapidshare or bluehost or whatever. I doubt I will be the only one who appreciates such a gesture.
Thank you for sparing the time and attention to read this communication.
Old 28.05.2009, 22:11
mitzi8

Default Now I like the new version

I threw my temper trantrum offline, and then walked carefully through the JD for Dummies and it answered all my questions. I am still having a problem with one hoster, but tech service is working with me to clear it up.
The new version fits into my workflow. I usually copy my links to a text document to paste them all at one time. When I highlight them and copy, they immediately are added to Linkgrabber and all I have to do is add the package. Its actually one less step than the old version required.
Old 28.05.2009, 22:51
sagei

And the rationale behind copying to a text file is ? if you leave the old collector window open you could just keep copying whatever you want and it would silently and quickly keep adding and checking links. When you were finally done you clicked accept just Once and all the links/packages were added at Once to the download queue. Exactly what steps have you saved ?
Old 28.05.2009, 23:54
Vacuum Cleaner

Hi MxM,

you are absolutely right, it's a horrible and now even worsened interface, - not to speak about the lack of a (coherent) usability concept.
Their compulsory all-in-one or nothing "update policy" is, to say it politely, very microsoft-like.

I offered them my help twice last year, I'm a very experienced software-/interface designer, I worked for nearly every major company in germany you can name, for many years now, - in the car industries, banking business, etc.

But somehow they choose to ignore my free offer... so, - as I don't think I will kiss these guys asses to get the chance to help THEM with their app, I think we have to live with their very special view on how to design an easy to use app nowadays in 2009...

They wasted an opportunity to learn a lot for free - and now we all waste time by fighting against a horrible concepted app.

That's life - Just read the answer to the first post in this thread...
They seem to have problems with critique, and tend to delete posts of "unwanted" kind.

Anyway, - as we have no real alternative to this app - let's praise it:

HURRAY, GREAT APP, THANK YOU SO MUCH, YOU ARE THE KINGS!!!!!!

Alright?

- - - A man with a lot knowlegde offers free help!!! Got it now??? - - -
Old 29.05.2009, 01:41
nick_01

Default donwloan time

m sorry bt i think i have a prob. the previous version used to download files of 100 mb in just about 5-6 minutes. Y is the new one doin it in 10-11 min. i cheked ma connection speed and its still the same.
its getting slow. doubling the time..
ughhhh

Edit by Jiaz: read the damn rs news

Last edited by Jiaz; 29.05.2009 at 13:36.
Old 29.05.2009, 09:35
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagei View Post
And the rationale behind copying to a text file is ?
You then have a text file with the links and any notes.
Paste directly into jD and you can't get the raw links back. And JD can lose them all.

I collect lots of links, it may be weeks or months before I decide to download them. (Maybe I want to wait till I have several episodes of a show, enough to fill a DVD, or a movie and its sequel.) I can share these with a friend, post in a forum.

I might collect several different sets of links for a particular feature and choose what seems the better quality one (larger file, or a "proper" update); or just the one with links to a faster more reliable host.

If a file is corrupt, deleted, or missing a password, I can refer to my notes and see if there is a mirror, or go back to the place I found it (I paste that URL in for reference too) and see if there was a followup, or post a comment myself asking for a re-up.

If you see a link, and want to download it RIGHT NOW, then that's fine, I do it occasionally, but if you trust hundreds of links to jD's queue then keep your fingers crossed.
Old 29.05.2009, 11:25
kunboy

Please, where i can download old version? This version don't work fine, DLC files don't work, very complicated now for me... :(
Edit by Jiaz: restart jd and dlc will work again

Last edited by Jiaz; 29.05.2009 at 13:35.
Old 29.05.2009, 13:54
sagei

-

Last edited by sagei; 29.05.2009 at 20:25.
Old 29.05.2009, 19:38
JD Legend

Quote:
Gweilo your personal preference is AS VALID as anyone else's but it isn't even remotely germane to this guys claims of saving steps in ADDING links to jd. I only responded to his patronising post because I felt that if he was considerate enough to keep his temper tantrums offline then he should have done the same with his twisted logic as well.
I answered the question you posed. Sorry if you meant it to be a rhetorical sneer.

Quote:
Let's examine it shall we -
For just 1 link
1) copy link
2) shift focus to text editor
3) paste
4) highlight link in text editor
5) copy
6) paste
7) accept in link collector

Edit by Jiaz: you make it wrong its working EXACTLY the way it worked before just mark all links and copy, DONE
Edit by Jiaz: if you are already in add links text window, then you are there because you want to edit the links before adding them
Directly in jd collector
1) copy
2) click accept
Edit by Jiaz: same for new version

Now for 5 links in text editor
First 3 steps x 5 -15
Highlight in editor -16
copy -17
accept in link collector - 18

Same 5 links with collector running in background
5 copies
1 accept
6 steps vs 18. Wow that's some saving.
You don't need to click accept every time you add a link. You could just let it sit there while you copy whatever you like, whenever you like. I usually browse and collect for an hour or more before I hit accept.
Edit by Jiaz: 5 links at once i need 2 clcks
Nice for you. I'd have hundreds of links collected and have to spend 10 minutes working out which ones I actually wanted to download now.

Quote:
Gweilo what you seem to be doing is creating your own browsing history. What does that have to do with an effective download manager ?
It's convenient for me. I explained exactly why.
If it's not important to you, fine.
No one is forcing you to do it that way.

Quote:
I don't download RIGHT NOW, if i did i wouldn't have a download queue of 6200. No fingers crossed here. I trust firefox's bookmarks function to store pages with any links or topics i intend to revisit.
Good for you. I've seen whole forums go offline more than once, taking thousands of posts into limbo, temporarily, or permanently.
I don't trust sites to stay up, and I don't trust my links to an encrypted format that only jD can decode, and can trash.
Edit by Jiaz: jd has no crypted format, you can read sourcecode and check how links are saved, no magic there

Quote:
Don't know what version of jd you guys are using
but mine clearly gives me the option to 'open in browser'.
That would be really helpful when I want to get links for a 144 episode run of a TV show. Of course I could just open 576 links in the browser and copy the addresses down. Or I could copy a slab of text from the text file I put them in.

Edit by Jiaz:select the links, rightclick, copy url and voila all links (no container links) are in clipboard

Quote:
My apologies if anything I have posted gave offense.
You can't insult someone and apologise in the same post. That's just hypocrisy. You knew you were being offensive, but posted it regardless.

Last edited by Jiaz; 29.05.2009 at 20:48.
Old 29.05.2009, 19:40
wilcott

I can't help but laugh at people who complain about this.

Some people need to learn to adapt. It didn't take me half an hour to figure things out in this new version.

The only problem I have with this though is that when I minimize it, it doesn't come back up when I want it to. I just keep the window up.

Nonetheless, it is a great program.:)
Old 29.05.2009, 20:25
sagei

Beg to differ gweilo but I wasn't insulting you. Besides my apology was for my previous posts on the subject of this new version and it was issued precisely because you a senior member intervened in this matter. Some of the other posters have been abusive and I do not care to be numbered among them. For all my complaints jd has been very helpful to me and I will always be grateful for that.
Since the post offended you i apologise again.That's not hypocrisy it's courtesy.
You seem to have made up your mind so I doubt anything I say would help. You could stick to your indignation of being insulted or you could accept it wasn't meant that way.
Old 30.05.2009, 00:23
brfritos

Like sagei perfect explained - english is not my primary language, so excuse some errors or lack of phrase comprehension - some functions became very complicated.
Is not because the new look 'n' feel, but the absence of consistency in them.

For exemple, in the old version when I disable the clipboard monitoring, it remains disable.
In this new version I have to uncheck the function in the button interface AND in the program configuration. Other thing is the choice to name it a file download "high priority" or "low priority", this terms are mainly used in OS functions or software codes, in the real world they are not a smart choice.
And it appears a try to reinvent the wheel, since all other programs just do a "move to the top/bottom" or "move one line above/bellow".

Patterns are good some times.

Link Grabber remains a puzzle for me.
The old link collector had every choice in an simply window, but this time you have to paste the files, click continue, add the package (with a forced name, like "out" or "various") and then change the package name in the download window.
For a change that the developers call it "we're simplifying things", seems just the opposite to me.
Even if I'm missing something, where in the hell clicking with the right mouse button to change anything is "intuitive"?

One of the things that maked "the old" JDownloader terrific great is that it get the job done and is easy to use!
This new version is very beautiful, but it seems more complicated to learn in the long term.
I don't meant to offend the developers, but the new version reminds me...Cryptload!

Yes, I don't like this program, since it suffers from some problems, like lack of easy of use and bugs.
Interface usability is not a simply "put the buttons or not" guys, Apple teach us that with the iPhone.
In this new version when you try to do something the program simply do the opposite of it!
You even make me feel nostalgia for USDownloader!

I think the program is not finished and need some changes, but the future seems bright and it shows a great potencial.

[ ]'s
Old 30.05.2009, 03:10
woongah

Default In cold head

I finally managed to make the new JD run... I discovered that, on my computer, the "Install load'n click" dialog wasn't big enough to show its "Ok-Cancel" buttons; and it's not resizable, so i had to get a glimpse of an illumination by the almighty, select some text in the dialog and then "go" on the button (which? I don't know, because I can't see it) by pressing "tab".
I suppose you guys either have big screens, either you don't suffer from miopy as I do and keeps your screens at a higher resolution than mine...

In all, it's not so bad as I initially thought, even if the left side option panel, which permanently wastes a quarter of my screen to tell me the boiling temperature of the water - while I can't read the complete name of the files I'm downloading for lack of horizontal space - stills looks as a dumb design to me... oh, and I really hate the colours palette.

The new link grabber works quite well, but for this mania it has of putting each link in a separate package -even if you grabbed a whole page of links in just one step;
So I have to merge all the packages, seelect the download directory and finally add the links...
Now, the fact that my paleozoic computer needs between three and five seconds to open a menu on a right button click, and that all these actions need at least a right button click... explains why, somtimes, I feel so nostalgic of the old interface.

I hope that the situation will evolve fast, and that the future JD will not be so dependent on the right-button as it seems now.

Last edited by woongah; 30.05.2009 at 03:21. Reason: I post an incomplete version out of a mistake on my part
Old 30.05.2009, 03:13
lRs

I really like the new JDownloader. Thanks to the staff !
Old 30.05.2009, 03:47
JD Beta

The auto update feature shouldn't have been enabled so early... the whole app is still buggy for updating it this way.

It's always better to do a fresh update. And it's not uncommon for beta apps!

Overall, I like 0.5 better, but it would be nice if you would adopt a different storage model for the settings... like an XML one.

It would be helpful in such cases as beta testing.

For example to store the Host's TOS accepted values and settings in one xml, separately from the rest of the settings... or a subfolder, each host with its own xml file, so that when it gets an update it won't affect the rest of the plugins settings nor would it affect the overall app upgrade process.

Not to sound disrespectful, but I find it funny how you store data in the current way... it might have its advantages, I don't know since I'm not that familiar with this approach.
Old 30.05.2009, 03:58
JD Legend

Quote:
Beg to differ gweilo but I wasn't insulting you. Besides my apology was for my previous posts on the subject of this new version and it was issued precisely because you a senior member intervened in this matter. Some of the other posters have been abusive and I do not care to be numbered among them. For all my complaints jd has been very helpful to me and I will always be grateful for that.
Since the post offended you i apologise again.That's not hypocrisy it's courtesy.
You seem to have made up your mind so I doubt anything I say would help. You could stick to your indignation of being insulted or you could accept it wasn't meant that way.

Fine. No ill will.

Less argumentively: I use text files to organise my links because it's universally compatible and in my text editor (Ultraedit) I can easily sort, search, merge, delete, make notes, convert to and from HTML/BBCODE for forum posts, use macros, use the font I like, etc., etc. It's no harder for me to switch to JD and paste them in to check links or download than to switch modes in JD itself.

My JD download window only has the links I'm downloading now. It can crash and trash them all and it's annoying but I don't lose any links. I can just do a fresh install in 10 minutes.
I can't imagine using it with pages and pages of links, shuffling and re/deactivating them. Possible surely but terribly fiddly.
Old 30.05.2009, 10:17
djuzi

You guys ask why we did not put 0.4x back on our website. The reason is simple: 0.4 won't be developed anymore - so it means - it will work badly after few days, weeks, because of no plugin updates or so.
Old 30.05.2009, 10:37
JD Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djuzi View Post
You guys ask why we did not put 0.4x back on our website. The reason is simple: 0.4 won't be developed anymore - so it means - it will work badly after few days, weeks, because of no plugin updates or so.
Everyone knows that. But some people are digging up old copies on other sites and uploading them anyway.
If you could put up the last working version before the beta, and have it default to NOT check for updates, then you can make a lot of people happy. Put disclaimers on it: No support, no updates.

(It's quite normal for open source projects to make old versions available for those that want them for whatever reason, under those conditions.)

And it would only really be needed for a couple of weeks at most, I think, by then the .5 version should be stable enough to wean them off.
(I myself have been using the 0.5 and while not happy with the GUI changes, will stick with it.)
Old 30.05.2009, 11:02
peter_zan

Default Version with future !

Hello everyone

I am so very pleased to see JD working flawlessly in the new version!! I tested the beta before but beside looking nice and neat it was a bit buggy. Now the recent update is just great!!

I am no JD geek, but with the new version I can collect my links in the first place and later decide what I want to download, for example when I change to faster internet ! LinkGrabber is a great function ! And monitoring clipboard is simply great!!

I think that prioritizing is the way to go, no top to bottom list !! I have my downloads in alphabetical order, I want to find the needed ones fast and just speed up one or a few of them when I need them.

And you know what is best of all ?? Plugins work again!!) I was able to continue downloads for files I had back from April that didn't download because of plugins running out of date. Hey it's been solved!

Overall great thanks to the developers. You did a BRILLIANT job and when I am done with paying my bills next week, you are getting a donation from me!!

Keep up the great work!!

Regards,

Peter
Old 30.05.2009, 11:59
dRdoS7

Hi,

I haven't read all of these posts but I'd like to remind people of 20 years or so of Microsoft bugs, or "undocumented features" to some. When was the last time you had a problem with a new version of MS Windows and you could very easily contact them to explain your problems or worthwhile additions and, more importantly get them addressed, and quickly?

There'll always be some trouble with a new version no matter how much it's tested (believe me, I've only had minor experience in programming very simple stuff where I work, and there's usually something not thought of or missed).

"The man who never made a mistake, never made anything"

My 2 cents worth.

dRdoS7.

PS. Keep up the good work!!!

Last edited by dRdoS7; 30.05.2009 at 12:01. Reason: missed the "t", see how easy it was to miss something!!!
Old 31.05.2009, 00:34
sagei

Gweilo thank you for meeting me halfway. This issue has caused some deep divisions and cooler heads are needed.
Old 31.05.2009, 10:44
guix

The new jdownloader is not operative.
When i try to download show the error
Quote:
31-may-2009 10:39:05 - java_downloader-> Key not found: gui.images.play (null)
31-may-2009 10:39:05 - java_downloader-> Could not find image: gui.images.play
31-may-2009 10:39:05 - java_downloader-> image not found: gui.images.play(gui.images.play_32_32
31-may-2009 10:39:05 - java_downloader-> Exception occured
java.lang.NullPointerException
at javax.swing.ImageIcon.<init>(Unknown Source)
at jd.utils.JDTheme.II(Unknown Source)
at jd.gui.skins.simple.SimpleGUI$12.run(SimpleGUI.java:830)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at jd.gui.skins.simple.JDEventQueue.dispatchEvent(JDEventQueue.java:175)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
The Jdownloader installation is fresh and the Java is updated.
Try to change the theme and language and the error continue.
Old 31.05.2009, 11:09
whattheheck

Hi guix,

JDownloader downloads for me but i can reproduce the warnings you get in the log.

Try the following to see if it fixes your download problem.

When the links are added initially, they go into the linkgrabber window. To get them to actually download you must right click on the package name and select "Add selected package(s)".

Have a look at steps 14 and 15 of the following guide.

http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=2541

Rgds,
/heck
Old 31.05.2009, 11:37
guix

It works.
Thx:biggrin:
Old 31.05.2009, 18:12
papa47

The new version has all kinds of problems. I don't want to sound ungrateful, I love jd, I couldn't download RS links without it.

I put 10 downloads into the program and went to bed, I woke up to find that only 2 of them were successful. I got all kinds of errors.

"aborted, no permissions to write to hard disks"

"Lost connection"

"program is out of memory"

several downloaded to 100% and did not extract

And my favorite...

a few of the files downloaded 100%, only to say "aborted, download incomplete"

I like the look and feel of the interface, vast improvements in user-friendliness, but the newer version has all kinds of bugs. I'm downloading the old version since it was stable and had very few issues.
Old 31.05.2009, 20:19
Doug

Wow, thanks to everyone who added the links to the good previous version. It really helps to have it instead of the terrible new one (ugly too, it looks as bad as windows vista) in which you have to search for options for 10 minutes, click three times to do something that you could do with one click in the previous version, and when you finally click those three times, nothing will work anyway.

I had to re-add many links manually to the reinstalled old version but it was worth it. Can I ensure that the usable old version will never update to the horrible new one? For example, block something in the hosts file etc.?
Old 01.06.2009, 07:28
yaroslavi

Quote:
Originally Posted by
[COLOR="SeaGreen"
The sort function is working again in new updates!thank you very much JD team!I'm happy now:angel:[/COLOR]

I appreciate the developer's hard work,it's just that it's missing something here and there.Either than that,it's and excellent software at least for me.
OK, maybe some sorting functions have been appeared again in new updates, but, please, tell me, why you removed arrows, which allowed me to sort downloads in my own order. The only way to do it now is just to drag and drop. But it's really uncomfortable when you have a nubdred of downloads.
Please, return this arrows and especially the ones "On the top" and "Down", it will make work with JDownloader much easier.

Last edited by yaroslavi; 01.06.2009 at 07:29. Reason: mistake in quoting
Old 01.06.2009, 07:35
papa47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Wow, thanks to everyone who added the links to the good previous version. It really helps to have it instead of the terrible new one (ugly too, it looks as bad as windows vista) in which you have to search for options for 10 minutes, click three times to do something that you could do with one click in the previous version, and when you finally click those three times, nothing will work anyway.

I had to re-add many links manually to the reinstalled old version but it was worth it. Can I ensure that the usable old version will never update to the horrible new one? For example, block something in the hosts file etc.?

You got that right!
Old 07.06.2009, 00:14
tiny-e

Cool Don't Panic.

Listen:

Firstly, I applaud the devs of JDownloader for making such a smart, feature-laden piece of software. In any one of its iterations, really blows away most of the competition (most of which is payware).

I also applaud their friendliness and restraint, as I would have told the douche that started this thread to piss off, and then locked the topic.

If you're paying money for a piece of software and someone pushes you an update that borks your system, you can be rightly irritated. If you, however, update to the latest BETA of a free application, don't expect things to work like they used to. Period.

The fact that there are so many updates should impress you as it shows this is not an abandonware project. This leads me to think that all issues will be ironed out in fairly-short order.

Until then, the process you have to go through to get your hentai/pr0n may be somewhat different than what you're used to. Deal with it.
Old 07.06.2009, 07:40
papa47

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny-e View Post
Listen:

Firstly, I applaud the devs of JDownloader for making such a smart, feature-laden piece of software. In any one of its iterations, really blows away most of the competition (most of which is payware).

I also applaud their friendliness and restraint, as I would have told the douche that started this thread to piss off, and then locked the topic.

If you're paying money for a piece of software and someone pushes you an update that borks your system, you can be rightly irritated. If you, however, update to the latest BETA of a free application, don't expect things to work like they used to. Period.

The fact that there are so many updates should impress you as it shows this is not an abandonware project. This leads me to think that all issues will be ironed out in fairly-short order.

Until then, the process you have to go through to get your hentai/pr0n may be somewhat different than what you're used to. Deal with it.
I agree with the person, not douche, as you so rudely put it, that started this thread that the new version is full of bugs and mistakes. Its a pretty rational expectation to think that an update would be a better product than its predecessor. And the latest version is not a Beta as you claim it to be, it is a full update that one would trust to be ready for the end user, which it clearly is not. When you start the program and the auto-update says new updates are ready to be installed, that is not a beta version, but an update to the program that should have already been tested and ready for the masses.
Old 08.06.2009, 06:25
maloon44

Angry "Tested" ?? Really ?

I agree too! I'm on mac, the last version was something like paradise and the new one is full of bugs and absolutely useless...
And I really don't understand the argument why you did'nt put the old version on line with so many complaints !!
If anyone can give me some link to the last mac version before that terrible update ...:thumbup:
Closed Thread