JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 01.01.2013, 07:21
4ourFoxtrot

Exclamation Downloads are being interrupted on Macbook Pro when lid is closed using Nosleep.

Downloads are being interrupted on Macbook Pro when lid is closed using Nosleep.

Hi,

I'm using a mac app called Nosleep which is a program which gives you the option to prevent your macbook from sleeping when the lid is closed as it is a power saving feature. But if your like myself then sometimes you may want to leave downloads running even while on battery power. Anyway feel free to google Nosleep, I've given you the basics.

So the problem I'm having is that despite Nosleep working (I was unsure weather it was to start with) despite it working. If I leave a download running and close the lid, and then come back later to check on the progress. To my dismay I find that the connection will have reset (not the download progression). I have observed this when using Nosleep and running on battery. If remember correctly it very rarely has happened to me when connected the AC.

I can tell that Nosleep is working and doing it's job correctly because when I lift the lid and login all my apps left running are in the state I left them, they do not restart as if waking from sleep. All except jdownloader, it keeps running but download connections appear to reset.

So what do you recommend? I'd be happy to receive your help.

--4f

UPDATE:

I'm unsure whether or not it is just certain links or it is indeed a jdownloader link to Nosleep. Either way it's a little annoying and definitely requires further study.

Last edited by raztoki; 01.01.2013 at 08:17. Reason: double posts not permitted, please use edit