JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 01.01.2012, 14:49
Mr. Wind-Up Bird

Default CRC MD5 checking / file stuck as PART file

as a newbie to using jdownloader, i ignored the issue when it first popped up, but now i've been wondering if there is a fix.

when downloading a file (in this instance from RS), i play it while it's downloading to check the quality of the file, which is no problem. however, i have found that if i get too excited by the video and watch it while the progress is close to 100%, the file ends up at 100%, but is stuck at 'CRC checking MD5' and what usually becomes an avi file, stays as a PART file... which i imagine is an issue when transferring the file onto a usb and then attempting to play it on a tv.

i don't have a problem when i remember to close the video before it finishes downloading and let it finish unhindered.

In my frustration (as my internet connection likes to be slow and unstable), i clicked a couple of things, including 'check online status' after which 'CRC MD5 checking' disappeared and i was just left with a '>' in the status column. not sure what happened here.

is there a way to salvage the file and make it an avi? or will i have to pay for my over-zealousness and re-download? :(

simply changing the extension doesn't seem to work as it is already labelled as '.avi'

thanks in advance and apologies if i've put this in the wrong place... and in this instance, i'm not sure how to write and 'error log' as i cannot 'make the error occur'.

Last edited by Jiaz; 01.01.2012 at 14:56.
Old 01.01.2012, 14:56
JD Manager

playing the file while it is downloading is no good idea because the downloadsystem cannot differ between errors and thinks the download failed...but only the rename failed.
please wait for next major update where a rename fallback got added.
Old 01.01.2012, 15:00
remi

@Mr. Wind-Up Bird

jD cannot rename the file to .avi when it's read locked by your video player. If you rename it yourself to .avi, then everything should be OK.

The fall-back Jiaz mentions is copying the file. This will lead to duplicate files.
Old 02.01.2012, 15:15
Mr. Wind-Up Bird

thanks.. my fault entirely. i should learn to stop fiddling with my downloads

@remi: how do i unlock it from my video player and change the extension?