JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 17.02.2012, 12:07
JD Manager

you can increase the timeouts in your settings
a timeout of more than 100s can work but can also be problematic with old stable version as it contains some bugs where stalled connections can freeze the gui (fixed with next major update)
Old 20.02.2012, 15:47
Dexter_prog

Is anyone being able to download at least slowly with netload? Since megauplaod went down, netload downloads go at 500 b/s (BITS, yes) or 3kb/s top, which is beyond slow.
Old 20.02.2012, 16:50
Polish Supporter

This is the politics of most of the hosting services.
Slow/very slow speed for free users, bandwidth is reserved for Premium users.
You shouldn't be surprised.
Old 20.02.2012, 16:59
Dexter_prog

I'm used to 30kb/s, but b/s is insane, haha. I thought I was the only one.
Old 25.02.2012, 09:37
Fo4RaX

Netload is the WORST host I've ever seen, I don't understand why ANYONE would want to use that [censored] service!
I need to get 4 links from them, no reason to buy a premium just for 4 links.
JD been "downloading" all night (~8hrs), I wake up and what do I see? Downloaded 32MB.. WTF! Speeds are like 1KB/s to a MAX. of 60KB/s, 99% it's at only 1KB/s, then loses connection, wait an hour or so to then start from 0.
Simply put: I can not download any file from netload.
I think it's a German company and their servers are located in DE as well? I'm in one of the neighbouring countries! It's like I'm being routed to the USA, then to China, to the North pole and then to my country.
Pfff. I will NEVER buy premium with them, wouldn't trust them a bit. I'd suggest anyone that uses it to stop doing so and look at other hosts.
Atleast FileServe gives me 250KB/s or more which is still pretty good.
btw: JD is set to 1 con., speed unlimited.

Last edited by Fo4RaX; 25.02.2012 at 10:16.
Old 25.02.2012, 13:05
Polish Supporter

Slow speed is NOT jD problem! Read again my post #63.
Go to the nearest car dealer and tell them that you want their best car for free - they will laugh at your face and you'll be lucky if they do not kick you out of their shop.

I'm using jD with NL Premium for 2 years and can't complain about speed.
Old 25.02.2012, 13:35
Fo4RaX

I never said it's JD's problem

My internet connection is 20Mbit and usually I get very good speeds. Before RS capped their speed I got 4-6MB/s so the problem is definatly not with me.
With a premium I take it for granted to get good speed from a filelocker but if they annoy potential clients by doing some extreme capping then I say they're not very clever.
I don't ask them to give me premium speed, I ask them to at least let me download a file. Even if it is at slow speed.
After trying for 8hrs, I would atleast expect to have completed the file but instead it loses connection and starts all over again, basically wasting both their and my bandwith.
That's just silly.

If you had a business or was a programmer and you're using NL to distribute files but your clients can't even download them, how would you feel? (not that I'm a programmer or anything though). You wouldn't be able to force your clients to buy a premium with them just to download a single file, right?

For me it's simple: I never used NL up to now but never will in the future, period.
Now that I've had such bad service I wouldn't give them a dime in my life.

There are still tons of other hosters out there that do a good job. Yes, they do cap for free users which is pretty normal. But atleast they have stable connections (for free users).

Last edited by Fo4RaX; 25.02.2012 at 13:42.