Good 173 82.78%
Evil 36 17.22%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25.12.2009, 16:33
Balas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
@Balas
Every language has it's advantages and disadvantages but sure you're allowed to re code jd in c++ because it's open source.
No one would complain about it unless you would make money with it^^

GreeZ pspzockerscene
Then i will give a try, maybe something good will get out or maybe not, but it's always something to learn from

I'll post here whatever results.
Old 26.12.2009, 09:51
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balas View Post
Why i should steal other people program? I dont understand your point...
jD is an open source project. You can fork it, you can redevelop some code, you can re-program it in any langauge you want. You can add plug-ins. You just can't sell it, because it's open source.

Quote:
Because C++ is more advanced, and allow you to make better program in lesser time
But i'm quite sure you're ironic now, isn't it?
I'm ironic, just as you are. C++ isn't more advanced than Java. To the contrary. Java contains more advanced features, like automatic garbage collection, than C++. A good Java developer can program an application faster than any good C++ programmer can program the same application. Java was designed with the mistakes of C++ in mind, because C++ is at least a decade older than Java.

Quote:
My post was just a feedback; i'm happy with the program but there are thing that can go better, that's all.
OK. Your feelings and opinions are welcome. The devs will appreciate it. That's why this thread and this forum exist, but I can tell you there aren't many programs that are perfect for everybody on this planet. That's why there is such fierce competition in the open source world.

If you want to help the project, please provide some good ideas to make it better. Pinpoint jD's weak areas and provide alternative designs.