JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 13.09.2009, 04:22
yyma

Exclamation How to recover lost links?

My JD lost all my download links after update. I tried to restore them by File->Restore, but it didn't work.

I still have all my backup files in C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxxxx\Desktop\JDownloader 0.6.193\JDownloader 0.6.193\backup
There are several files: database.zip, ..., database_1252803841256.zip, links.linkbackup

I found some posts on this forum, and tried their methods,but it still didn't work. One of them said "load the linksbackup as normal container file" So I use Links->add links->add containers, and choose the file "links.linkbackup", still not working. Did I do it right? And above all, how can I recover my lost links.

Ps: My Jd is the latest version, not 0.6.193

Last edited by Jiaz; 13.09.2009 at 23:19.
Old 13.09.2009, 05:26
English Supporter

Did you update your JD from previous version to current version? Was the update successful? Did you make your backup before the update?

JD makes backup when updating, so please check the date of database.zip in your current JD, if the date is correct, use it to recover your links.

You can recover your links by unzipping database.zip to your config folder (overwrite). Before that, exit JD first and make another JD backup (complete folder backup) for safety.

Links.linkbackup is for older version, check the date.

Last edited by tony2long; 13.09.2009 at 05:51.
Old 13.09.2009, 06:15
yyma

Thanks for replying. Let me tell you the whole story, maybe you can tell me what I did wrong.

It started last night.
First JD was not responded, so I terminated it by windows task manager.
I tried to turn it on again, but the JD window didn't display, only an icon show up on the toolbar.
Then I thought maybe it's the operating system's fault, so I restarted the computer.
After entered Windows, I also updated Java.
I turned on JD again. This time it pop a massage. Something like: update successful to 8.234. And all my download links were lost.

I backed up several times yesterday. The latest database.properties says
#Sat Sep 12 20:51:36 EDT 2009
So I guess it's correct.
Quote:
if the date is correct, use it to recover your links.
Can you tell me how to?
Old 13.09.2009, 08:58
English Supporter

Let's see if my understanding is correct:
You were using 8.234 (8.324?), it was not responding, you terminated it forcefully, so I think your database.script got corrupted, JD got updated to replace the corrupted files, you lost your download links.

If your backup method is by copying JD folder, try to find the latest database.script or database.zip just before it was not responding.

A file dated one week ago or today won't help.
Old 13.09.2009, 13:27
yyma

Thank you a lot.

I find the database.zip right before Jd crashed. What shall I do now?
Replace it with the new one? How? Just change the name of it?
Old 13.09.2009, 14:28
English Supporter

Good!

You can recover your links by unzipping database.zip to your config folder, the database.script will replace the current one.

Before that, exit JD first and make another JD backup (complete folder backup) for safety.
Old 13.09.2009, 16:29
yyma

Problem solved. Thank you very much.
Old 13.09.2009, 22:35
JD Legend

This (repetitive) topic should be sticky.:whistling:
Old 14.09.2009, 19:19
Bandwidth Beast

Default Same here

Yes but if i restart the links disappear, confuse.
Old 15.09.2009, 05:24
English Supporter

Are you saying that you got the links back and then disappear after restart?
I would suggest to copy all the URLs when you get them back, restart, then grab back the URLs.

Sometime it is better to use another JD folder just to get the links back so we can copy and paste them to our current JD, especially when you are updating.
Old 11.10.2009, 14:53
walterdh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony2long View Post
You can recover your links by unzipping database.zip to your config folder (overwrite). Before that, exit JD first and make another JD backup (complete folder backup) for safety.

Links.linkbackup is for older version, check the date.
I have 2 jd versions running: the 05.859 with 250GB (classical music) in links.linkbackup, and a new 0.8.9.
How to transfer the links to the new version in the absence of a current database.zip file in the old version (only a links.linkbackup)?
An early answer would oblige.
Walter De Haes
Old 11.10.2009, 15:01
JD Manager

backup config and container folder first and then copy from old jd to new jd
Old 14.10.2009, 12:59
Boronian

I have the same problem. My links are lost.
Yesterday the first time (then I put all of them manually back in the linklist more than an hour), today again.
I can only find this in the log:
14.10.09 12:53:38 - WARNING [java_downloader] -> Database not available. Create new one: links
14.10.09 12:53:38 - WARNING [java_downloader] -> Strange: No Linklist,Try to restore from backup file
14.10.09 12:53:38 - INFO [java_downloader] -> load Container: D:\JDownloader\backup\links.linkbackup

I have already tried to replace the config folder with different databasexxxx.zip files, but every time my linklist stays empty.
What is my mistake?
Old 16.10.2009, 15:02
remi

Cool

Put your jD folder at the root level of the disk partition. For instance c:\jDownloader
Old 17.10.2009, 02:54
pischello

Hi,

after a blackout JDownloader not closed properly.
Having rekindled the PC and tried to start JDownloader, does not load the main screen blocking to load (no load anything).

Trying to re-download jDownloader everything is ok, but how do I restore the link?
I tried with the database file but without success...
Thank you!

Last edited by pischello; 17.10.2009 at 02:56.
Old 17.10.2009, 09:14
remi

Cool

If the method with the database.script file in the config folder didn't work and you didn't make regular backups with jD's backup function (see files in backup folder), you probably lost your links.

One of the best and most reliable methods to protect your links is using a simple text file with all your links. I version that text file several times a day and all versions are backuped automatically with my daily, incremental disk backup procedure.

In the future, please use Ctrl-B every time you change something to the download queue. You'll never regret it when you get another blackout.
Old 17.10.2009, 23:36
pischello

Hi,
Hello, I followed your advice (though with much regret) and I moved the whole folder JDownloader (to keep it as a backup) and I downloaded the clean version from the site. Started being updated but always gives me this error...

and also by clicking cancel the program crashes at startup at this point in the image

Is possible that the problem could be due to an upgrade? As accepting the update the program crashes at startup as previously. Thanks

EDIT: I tried several times but after closing JDownloader, hangs. Do I have to delete the files in the config to be able to come back to the main window

P.S. Excuse me for my english

Last edited by pischello; 18.10.2009 at 04:49.
Old 18.10.2009, 11:30
remi

Cool

When an update doesn't seem to work, the developers recommend executing jdupdate.jar in the jD folder. Exit jD before you do this.

When the program crashes, the last updates of the download link list might not get saved properly.

Your updates might not work because of a firewall or anti-virus software blocking your Internet connection. Did you allow java.exe, javaw.exe and JDownloader in your firewall?

If this doesn't solve the updating problem, what's your OS, OS version, and JRE version?

Last edited by remi; 19.10.2009 at 12:50. Reason: jdupdate.jar instead of update.jar
Old 19.10.2009, 16:30
pischello

Ok, thanks for everything and availability
I solved by closing and running the jd update
Old 26.10.2009, 16:45
gotya

Exclamation aa

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
When an update doesn't seem to work, the developers recommend executing jdupdate.jar in the jD folder. Exit jD before you do this.

When the program crashes, the last updates of the download link list might not get saved properly.

Your updates might not work because of a firewall or anti-virus software blocking your Internet connection. Did you allow java.exe, javaw.exe and JDownloader in your firewall?

If this doesn't solve the updating problem, what's your OS, OS version, and JRE version?

Thank you ... This solved my problem (Jdownloader hangs at startup). I run Jdupdate.jar and a new Jdownloader created a backup "database.zip". I got my old links back.

Thanks again,
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

GY