View Poll Results: What version of operating system do you use
OS-X 10.6 or later 72 77.42%
OS-X 10.5 15 16.13%
OS-X 10.4 or earlier 6 6.45%
Something else 6 6.45%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13.12.2010, 17:29
zxzasa

i would recomend **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff** as a mac firewall
Old 13.12.2010, 18:39
JD Adviser

Default The rich get richer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICRUZCA View Post
I have 6mb connection, for 19€/month...
A little off subject for this thread (sorry admins), but...

Just as I suspected: AT&T is ripping us off.

When the Bush administration deregulated the Telecom industry in the early 2000's, the big got bigger, the small fish disappeared and real competition vanished. Today, all that's left is the ultra-big companies and they've colluded to raise prices and limit bandwidth.

Today, in the U.S., the going rate for a 3mbps line is anywhere from $30-$40 US per month.

That's about half the speed you're enjoying but I'm paying about 20% more than you...

P.S. I hope you've been able to get some assistance with your jD issues.
Old 13.12.2010, 22:41
ICRUZCA

I'm from Spain, we have not AT&T.

P.S. I have not get any assistance.
Old 14.12.2010, 03:26
sobny

I have a problem with JDGrowl in Leopard. It doesn't have english, when I adjust the setting in Growl, the language maybe German. Can you help me? Thank
Old 15.12.2010, 16:49
JD Adviser

Not until I read the above post did I consider the fact that I never see Growl notifications for jD on my screen. I have Growl enabled and jD as one of the apps it monitors. This morning, in looking at my Console window, I saw the following error message:

Code:
12/15/10 7:32:47 AM [0x0-0x24024].jDownloader[331] Thread[Executer: /usr/bin/osascript ERRstreamobserver,5,main]: /usr/bin/osascript: couldn't save changes to script /Applications/jDownloader.app/Contents/Resources/Java/tmp/growlNotification.scpt: error -54.
So that's apparently why I'm not getting any Growl notifications for jD actions (I wish I was getting them, that way I could disable the jD "Show Balloon info," which seem to stick on my Desktop forever--can't even close out those boxes manually).

So, what is the OS X "osascript" not able to get the jD temporary "growlNotification.scpt" to do? Is this a simple permissions fix that I can do myself? Is the "-54 error" a jD error code or Mac OS X error code?

Last edited by User0; 15.12.2010 at 16:49. Reason: typo
Old 16.12.2010, 10:16
remi

Cool

Please, read
Old 16.12.2010, 19:18
JD Adviser

Default Some things you shouldn't ask....

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
Please, read
Wow!

Well, I guess that's the ultimate low-priority item!:w00t:
Old 17.12.2010, 01:53
alextrastero

Default Solved MacOs leopard freeze randomly

Whit the xmas update it got fixed...
Old 17.12.2010, 14:48
ICRUZCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by alextrastero View Post
Whit the xmas update it got fixed...
really? and what happens with the speed??
Old 23.12.2010, 21:40
ICRUZCA

A esta velocidad de respuesta solucionaremos hasta el cancer...

Moderator translation: Bump (+ complaint)

Last edited by drbits; 23.12.2010 at 22:06.
Old 23.12.2010, 21:55
fma16

@icruzca
Please speak english.
Old 23.12.2010, 22:13
JD English Support (inactive)

Quote:
Well, I guess that's the ultimate low-priority item!
It is a huge undertaking, affecting almost every part of JDownloader. It is waiting for some other required issues to be dealt with (such as standardizing status information and Download Engine 2).

Since there has not been a Major Release in a year ("Brain" was the last), there have not been core updates in the Stable version this year.
Old 24.12.2010, 12:08
JD Adviser

Default Re: Priorities...

Hi drbits-

I wasn't chiding any of the jD developers, managers or supporters, it was just a tongue-in-cheek comment. I know all of you do a yeoman's job to keep up with all the plugins and decrypters, not to mention the actual functionality of the app. It's a colossal, 24/7 undertaking, I realize. Anyhow, Growl would be more like a luxury feature.

BTW, I wasn't able to find any distributions of Java 1.6 for PPC anywhere. I did, however, find a Beta of 1.7. I d/l a binary of that and will give it a try. I need to freshen up on some Terminal commands and get my mojo on first in order to do this, but it appears that if I install it correctly, I should be able to keep the existing 1.5_26 and go back to it in my Java preferences if anything unforeseen happens with the 1.7 beta...

In the meantime, I am avidly looking for a decent Intel Mac for dirt cheap that has some ability to be upgraded and souped-up if necessary (unlike my MacMini)...I still recall with fondness my Power Computing PowerTower Pro back in the late-90's and early 2000's. I had that thing really tricked out and it sure cooked. On paper, the MacMini has a much faster chip, but I feel certain that even my old 604e-powered Tower could run circles around it.

Cheers to all the OS X jD users!:thumbup:
Old 24.12.2010, 12:35
ICRUZCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fma16 View Post
@icruzca
Please speak english.
At that speed of response, we'll make a solution to the cancer..

better now??
Old 24.12.2010, 13:53
fma16

Yeah.
Si je vous dit ça, c'est parce que nous sommes dans un forum anglais, et que parler votre langue maternelle rends votre message incompréhensible pour la plupart des gens qui le lisent. Ce n'est pas pour rien que des sections particulières à chaque langage ont été élaborés. Est ce que vous avez réussi à comprendre mon message en français?

If I said that's because we're in a forum English, and speak your woman tongue makes your message incomprehensible to most people who read it. It's not for nothing that specific sections for each language have been developed. Do you have managed to understand my message in French?
Old 24.12.2010, 15:41
ICRUZCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fma16 View Post
Yeah.
Si je vous dit ça, c'est parce que nous sommes dans un forum anglais, et que parler votre langue maternelle rends votre message incompréhensible pour la plupart des gens qui le lisent. Ce n'est pas pour rien que des sections particulières à chaque langage ont été élaborés. Est ce que vous avez réussi à comprendre mon message en français?

If I said that's because we're in a forum English, and speak your woman tongue makes your message incomprehensible to most people who read it. It's not for nothing that specific sections for each language have been developed. Do you have managed to understand my message in French?
Je parle un Français parfait
Hablo perfectamente Español.
I speak a perfect English.
Parlano perfettamente Italiano.
Parlo un Catalá perfect.

Son message été bien compris
Old 25.12.2010, 05:07
JD English Support (inactive)

Quote:
I speak a perfect English.
You mean to say "I am fluent in English."
Very few people can honestly say "I speak perfect English".

The bottom line is to make the message clear, complete, concise, and correct (I used to reach technical writing).

Message #49 does not contain enough information to determine what you are asking. The other messages use sarcasm, which always obfuscates your message. That is why I translated the intent, not what you had written.
Old 25.12.2010, 10:23
ICRUZCA

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
You mean to say "I am fluent in English."
Very few people can honestly say "I speak perfect English".

The bottom line is to make the message clear, complete, concise, and correct (I used to reach technical writing).

Message #49 does not contain enough information to determine what you are asking. The other messages use sarcasm, which always obfuscates your message. That is why I translated the intent, not what you had written.
Thank you.
Old 07.01.2011, 15:30
cranley50

Default JD Freezes and Loses all Download info

Hi everyone and thanks for all your comments!

I have been using JD for 18 months and its ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! I have not had a problem till now ...

Since December JD is freezing randomly for 20 secs each time, whether in use of not. Then after Christmas it crashed and I lost everything - including some files. A full report was logged at the time. Unfortunately the restore function didn't work at all. So I started again with downloads, but when JD closes, it loses all download info and not even the backups seem to be recognized.

I am using a current version 14-month old MacBookPro, with latest software OS X 1.6, current Java SE 6 and latest released Firefox (normal version). The only upgrade was Firefox in December around the time of these issues...

Having read your various posts I will upgrade to the Nightly Version now to see if this restores its functionality - as its a pain to lose everything each time!

If anyone has any suggestions please do suggest!

Thanks, Pete:outch:
Old 08.01.2011, 11:10
remi

Cool

Please, post an Emergency Log. Without that log nobody can really find the cause of your problems.

Note that the Nightly version is a test version.