JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Closed Thread

Old 26.04.2011, 09:27
remi

Have a look at the captchatrader's jacinfo.xml file. Does it mention "freakshare.net"?
Old 26.04.2011, 10:43
gare

sure, freakshare.net is already present in jacinfo.xml with comes in archiv from captchatrader.com website, with many other hoster..
Old 26.04.2011, 10:56
remi

Are you using any other anti-captcha methods that solve "freakshare.net" captchas?
Old 26.04.2011, 11:08
gare

no, up to what jdownloader itself does

btw. german support?
Old 26.04.2011, 11:23
remi

I would contact captchatrader.com support, because this seems to be a CT issue.

What do you mean with "german support"? This is an English forum, but there are German forums as well.
Old 26.04.2011, 12:06
gare

i'm already in contact with captchatrader-support, but so far i have only the most obvious tips from there..
Old 04.05.2011, 06:19
beat1323

I still can't get this to work and I have been messing with it for about 2 hours now. I have my captchatrader account. I have 100 credits in it. I followed all the instruction on how to set up the captchatrader plugin. I am getting input but it is not giving me any output.

I guess my main confusion is as to where I am supposed to put the "chmod +x" command. Do I put it before the "captchatrader.sh" filename or do I open it up and add the "chmod" into the text? I am using a Mac. Also, my java is version 1.6 update 24.
Old 04.05.2011, 09:45
remi

chmod is a command to change the permissions of a file. In this case it is the file captchatrader.sh. Go to the directory of this file and execute

Code:
chmod +x captchatrader.sh
in a command tool. This will make the file executable.
Old 04.05.2011, 13:46
beat1323

Thanks for the help. I finally figured it out.
Old 04.05.2011, 14:53
unreal

Does captchatrader work for anyone? What is the success rate of people who used this method is it still applicable today 04-05-11 as the captchatrader thread is really old.
Old 04.05.2011, 21:31
Community Manager

@unreal
The captchatrader success rate will ALWAYS be over 90% because the captchas are solved by humans.
The only case it doesn't work is if you run out of credits;)

GreeZ pspzockerscene
JDownloader 2 Setup Download
-----=>Support Chat<=-----
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
That's true James
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist
Old 07.05.2011, 23:02
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuwomanGuy View Post
But get this: If a captcha-trader response is wrong - I'm still docked 10 credits !!! WTF is that?
It's simple:
At the moment there is no (easy) way for a captcha method to get an answer of JD if a captcha was entered correctly so every response is counted as correct.
This is no mistake of the captchatrader guys.

GreeZ pspzockerscene
JDownloader 2 Setup Download
-----=>Support Chat<=-----
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
That's true James
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist
Old 08.05.2011, 07:57
remi

Cool

There are other than jD people using CT.

reCaptcha has become almost unreadable, so it's not a surprise that there are so many bad recognitions. Because of all the guessing going on reCaptcha is virtually dead. Only automatic captcha recognition will survive this level of complexity. reCaptcha is showing the shortcomings of human pattern recognition.
Old 09.05.2011, 09:37
remi

Cool

All depends on the importance of jD and other non-reporting applications in CT's mix. You might ask them for more information.

Since jD can't report whether a captcha has been recognised, I suppose CT needs to detect bad customers by getting that information from other sources. As a CT customer you don't know where the captchas come from. CT will exclude customers who're not recognising the captchas in a systematic way or are using bad automation tools to 'solve' the captchas.

Of course, the fact that jD doesn't report back success or lack thereof is also a disadvantage for jD customers. Customers will get bad captcha responses and losing credits this way.

The captcha images come from two sources. You have one image that you don't need to bother about, because Gogol doesn't know what it is and can't check it.

The other image is a Gogol-generated string that isn't an existing word (it doesn't exist in any dictionary). You can now easily recognise it by the letters that are repeated and slightly shifted downwards, printed on top of each other. They've become very difficult to read and it's exactly this string that you have to recognise and type.

I think this last transformation decreased the success rate considerably, also among humans. Older or visually impaired people can no longer access the sites using them. I think we're now seeing the last generation of reCaptchas before they become totally unreadable by humans. Annoying humans was the objective, not stimulating technological progress in automatic pattern recognition.
Old 10.05.2011, 11:05
michaelwesten

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi
I think this last transformation decreased the success rate considerably, also among humans. Older or visually impaired people can no longer access the sites using them. I think we're now seeing the last generation of reCaptchas before they become totally unreadable by humans. Annoying humans was the objective, not stimulating technological progress in automatic pattern recognition.
This is true, I've had much more difficulty in solving them nowadays compared to the old ones. But I also believe it doesn't have to be 100% correct and most of the time the system accepts it.
Old 17.05.2011, 12:46
smegware

I've just registered here so I can add my praise for captchatrader here. I've finally got the plugin installed correctly (it's not difficult if you actually follow the instructions, which I didn't at first...)

I built up a few free credits and this morning watched the plugin solve some recaptchas. It's quite cool to see the captcha appear and then get magically solved!

I was impressed enough to blow $10 on captchatrader credits. This system makes sense for me, where I leave JD running overnight, I was getting a bit fed up of looking in the morning to find that it had just been timing out failing to solve the captchas.

Thanks for the installation advice in this thread, this looks like it works great!
Old 06.06.2011, 22:57
acnes101

captchatrader is down, up and down for several days, it sucks
Old 06.06.2011, 23:45
JD VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuwomanGuy View Post
Captchatrader sucks - and here's why:

I just started to use it today, and I'm not getting a lot of captcha's to answer to build credits. At one point I had over 100 credits. So I'm watching JD operate and every time a captcha comes up, a DOS window opens so I know that the captchatrader plugin is working.

But get this: If a captcha-trader response is wrong - I'm still docked 10 credits !!! WTF is that? If a captcha is wrong, I should not get docked any credits. I'm watching all my credits disappear right now because some fools are answering the captcha's wrong.

This really sucks, and makes the service practically worthless.
hi,
may i suggest you "captcha brotherhood", a captcha exchange service i developed for JD. It can detect if a captcha was answered wrong, and does not charge you any credits.
Old 09.07.2011, 02:33
26psicivic

Default finally figured it out

I'm on Mac OS Snow Leopard and I've been trying to get captchatrader to work forever but nothing I tried worked and I finally figured out that the instructions are wrong. Long story short it's suppose to be:
jDownloader.app/Contents/Resources/app/jd/captcha/methods
NOT
jDownloader.app/Contents/Resources/Java/jd/captcha/methods
Old 09.07.2011, 08:49
remi

Thanks for the info. Please also tell CT.
Closed Thread