JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > English Support > General Discussion

Old 14.07.2011, 15:32
Fred-Bear

Otay.. I understand now Maybe reword it something like " Incoming Captcha Request Time" or something... I know you are probably dealing with number of characters issues and the statement can't be to long... Maybe someone else has some suggestions... ??
Old 14.07.2011, 15:36
Fred-Bear

BTW... to the staff here at JDownloader.... as long as Lelim keeps the project active and continues to work out any bugs ...etc... I think this thread should be made into a sticky.
Old 14.07.2011, 16:08
Community Manager

Why not?
Now it's a sticky

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 14.07.2011, 16:32
Fred-Bear

Good man.
Old 15.07.2011, 01:14
Vacuum Cleaner

Please disable forced updates. The application should NOT cease to operate because a new version is released.
Old 15.07.2011, 01:29
Fred-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cage View Post
Please disable forced updates. The application should NOT cease to operate because a new version is released.
Note that this is still in beta... Although one would like to never be forced to update... there may be some fundamental changes that require it.
Old 15.07.2011, 03:26
Vacuum Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred-Bear View Post
Note that this is still in beta... Although one would like to never be forced to update... there may be some fundamental changes that require it.
Software should be labelled as alpha and not beta if structural changes are made that break functionality on every incremental release. Just saying...
Old 15.07.2011, 03:57
jdfoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelim View Post
- administor rights are needed because solver and plugin needs to create and delete some files while operating, most systems won't normal users do those. by version 1.1.4, cbh asks for administrator rights at startup to ensure that it can do those file operations.
Hi lelim,

could you please clarify. What does the program need administrative rights for now? It used to work without up to 1.1.3. Where does the program want to put files? It is unusual enough to give write permissions to the program folder, but well, seems to be jd-portable-style in the windows world. But what else please?

1.1.4 is unusable this way
Old 15.07.2011, 05:08
mYdOnOsE

captcha Brotherhood 1.1.4 not working for updated

JDownloader -NIGHTLY- Build 14544
Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
Java Version: 1.6.0_21
Old 15.07.2011, 08:44
remi

What's not working exactly?

Is CB programmed in java?
Old 15.07.2011, 08:56
cippazza

as suggested in a previous post, if you are in Windows 7 you must run JD as administrator, then CB will work flawlessly.
Anyway I agree on the fact that until 1.13 it worked without the need to have admin rights, it was enough to have write permission in JD folders, so why are we forced now to run CB (and JD) with admin rights ? Please change this.

bye !

(oh, btw, CB it's a great program, banner apart...)
Old 15.07.2011, 10:52
lelim

Quote:
Originally Posted by cage View Post
version 1.1.4 included fundamental changes that require forced upgrade.
we released 6-7 previous version, only 1.1.4 was forced upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cippazza View Post
as suggested in a previous post, if you are in Windows 7 you must run JD as administrator, then CB will work flawlessly.
Anyway I agree on the fact that until 1.13 it worked without the need to have admin rights, it was enough to have write permission in JD folders, so why are we forced now to run CB (and JD) with admin rights ? Please change this.
approximately %15 of our users w7 and vista users had problem with writing
C:\Program Files\Brotherhood Software\Captcha Brotherhood\
directory. with 1.1.3 version they had to manual change security settings to able to use our software. many users could not change security settings, so we have to start solver with administation right to be sure every user has access on software installation directory.
Old 15.07.2011, 11:07
remi

Why do you let your customers use the "C:\Program Files\" path in W7? This is a protected path. Just let them use a path like C:\progs\ and all those problems, including potential security problems, are gone.
Old 15.07.2011, 12:56
cippazza

the installation path can be changed during the installation process, so it's really not a problem.
The problem is the CB JD plugin, because from v1.1.4. it must be run with admin rights and the only option to have it working for me is to run JD with admin rights.

bye !
Old 15.07.2011, 14:07
zjs2k

After upgrade captchabrotherhood to 1.1.4, JD keeps asking me to input captcha now. 1.1.3 was working fine. My JD is 0.9.581 and I used the manual install method and I updated the plugin too.
BTW, great program. Just I didn't realize CB is still considered beta, you know, it's already verion 1.x.
Old 15.07.2011, 16:52
lelim

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjs2k View Post
After upgrade captchabrotherhood to 1.1.4, JD keeps asking me to input captcha now. 1.1.3 was working fine. My JD is 0.9.581 and I used the manual install method and I updated the plugin too.
BTW, great program. Just I didn't realize CB is still considered beta, you know, it's already verion 1.x.
what is operating system ?
can you send us file
C:\Program Files\JDownloader\jd\captcha\methods\captchaBrotherhood\logFile.txt
to mail captchabrotherhood@gmail.com ?
Old 15.07.2011, 19:45
shah2000

Quote:
approximately %15 of our users w7 and vista users had problem with writing
C:\Program Files\Brotherhood Software\Captcha Brotherhood\
directory. with 1.1.3 version they had to manual change security settings to able to use our software. many users could not change security settings, so we have to start solver with administation right to be sure every user has access on software installation directory.
Hi Lelim,

The CB software is written in .NET which I have worked on (using C#). I don't claim to be an expert but I wanted to share my (limited) knowledge.

Forcing users to run as administrator as a workaround for security settings is not a good way to write any Windows software. I have had similar problems in the past with my own software and the solution was to get the auto-installer to modify the directory permissions or instruct the user to manually modify them. If someone want to do a manual installation then they should be capable of modifying the security settings.

Also, the plugin should perform a security setting check when it is run to verify that the correct permissions are set and notify the user if there is a problem. Alternatively, there should be a test/diagnostic program that the user can use which performs these integrity checks and reports any problems. The captcha solver application could serve this purpose if it is installed into the same directory as the plugin instead of keeping it in a separate directory.

I'm sure there are more experience programmers out there who can improve on my suggestions.
Old 16.07.2011, 00:43
zjs2k

Quote:
what is operating system ?
can you send us file
C:\Program Files\JDownloader\jd\captcha\methods\captchaBrotherhood\logFile.txt
to mail captchabrotherhood@gmail.com ?
I am using Vista Ultimate x64. Actually the logFile.exe is empty. All I did was drag the file from archive to that folder and overwrote the old files.
Old 16.07.2011, 12:57
lelim

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjs2k View Post
I am using Vista Ultimate x64. Actually the logFile.exe is empty. All I did was drag the file from archive to that folder and overwrote the old files.
hi,
you must start JDownloader as administrator, please tell if that worked...
or wait for 1.1.5
Old 16.07.2011, 13:22
remi

I'll wait trying this tool as long as this security risk exists.

I would also like to warn all jD customers that running programs that you don't know with administrator privileges is very bad practice and should be avoided by all means.

Missing tool capabilities should not increase the risk of running jD. jD is a secure program, proven by its open source policy, and letting it run with administrator privileges puts it at risk.

Please evaluate the risks you want to take with this tool and take any necessary additional measures to protect your computer and network.
Old 16.07.2011, 17:41
KHW

After installing the 1.1.5, captcha was like skipping very fast and fail because of too many attempts. I tried to clean up the JD captcha folder, after restart JD, it prompt to enter captcha. Tried reinstall 1.1.5 again, seems like CB is not functioning and now have to enter captcha one by one.
Other attempts:
1) Tried captcha plugin for "AntiRCSTJD" from Anti.reCAPTCHA.ST.v.2.07.JD- not working.
2) Tried "antirecaptcha" from arc02f.rar - not working.
Old 16.07.2011, 20:22
zjs2k

Quote:
hi,
you must start JDownloader as administrator, please tell if that worked...
or wait for 1.1.5
Yep, it's working now with "run as administrator". Thanks!
Old 16.07.2011, 21:43
lelim

Default 1.1.5 alert!

hi everyone

version 1.1.4 requires both solver and plugin to be run under administrator rights. to get captchaSolver run, you must allow it to run as administrator, if prompted. to get JD plugin run, you must start JD as administrator. you can find that option by right clicking JD shortcut.

also, i agree that requiring admin rights to solve IO permission issues, is not a good practice. i am already working on 1.1.5 and that will not use "program files" folder, and won't require admin rights.i will try to release it asap

Last edited by lelim; 16.07.2011 at 22:13.
Old 17.07.2011, 06:29
neulink

Default \jacinfo.xml

hey!
this tool seems great to me. but at the moment it does not work for me...
at log file the error is that \jacinfo.xml could not be found.
but the file is in the instalfolder.
any ideas what could be wrong?
thak you!
Old 17.07.2011, 08:19
KHW

sorry I wrongly put as 1.1.5. the one that not working is 1.1.4.
Old 17.07.2011, 10:48
lelim

Quote:
Originally Posted by neulink View Post
hey!
this tool seems great to me. but at the moment it does not work for me...
at log file the error is that \jacinfo.xml could not be found.
but the file is in the instalfolder.
any ideas what could be wrong?
thak you!
start JDownloader as administrator, please tell if that worked...
or wait for 1.1.5
Old 17.07.2011, 17:06
KHW

It work perfectly as administrator, thanks.
Old 17.07.2011, 21:56
neulink

jep thanks for tip
new installed and run as admin, now it works fine

thanks
Old 19.07.2011, 21:07
lelim

hi everyone,
i have just released version 1.1.5
i did some improvements and some differences. main differences are :
- you don't have to be admin to run plugin, or solver.
- settings, logs, account.txt, etc files are stored in users Application Data folder. which is assumed to be modifiable by user, and can be different depending the OS version. you can see and open that folder in About menu of solver application.
- no more manual install. solver will try to detect JD folder and copy plugin there. if can't, it will ask user to show where JDownloader.exe is just at first run.

I will be very happy hearing your comments and feedbacks, and i will be around to assist about any problems you may have...

Last edited by lelim; 19.07.2011 at 21:19.
Old 20.07.2011, 04:37
vaga8ondxwr

Installation is stupid. Most non commercial products are going portable nowaday. You are doing the opposite.
JDownloader is portable, but for some plugins I have to install. It's just not right.
Old 20.07.2011, 15:32
Community Manager

@vaga8ondxwr
1.Captcha brotherhood is NOT an official JD plugin so that's why you have to manually install it.
2.If you don't like it, don't use it but NOTE that ocrhood is at the moment the only 100% free captcha exchange service...

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 20.07.2011, 17:15
vaga8ondxwr

@pspzockerscene
1. You missunderstood me, I was referencing to the last Brotherhoods update removing manual install.
2. "If you don't like it, don't use it". If you don't like my opinion, don't reply. See how stupid does it sound.
Old 20.07.2011, 17:20
Community Manager

Sorry i didn't understand your post^^
So i guess i'm leaving you guys alone here as lelim has to answer your question.

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 21.07.2011, 00:20
lelim

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaga8ondxwr View Post
Installation is stupid. Most non commercial products are going portable nowaday. You are doing the opposite.
JDownloader is portable, but for some plugins I have to install. It's just not right.
hi,
using installer to distribute my application is the way that i prefer. main reason is : its used widely by a lot of users, who may not know what is an extension of a file, or they may be an expert. i want my app. to be accessible by as much users as possible with ease. some users had problems with manual installs on previous versions that costed me time and effort!
however, if a user is experinced enough about computer stuff, he can take necessary folders to a flash disk after installing it once, then uninstall if necessary, and then take flash disc with himself and use app. anywhere he wishes. this shouldn be a big issue for an experinced user.
Old 21.07.2011, 02:22
English Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
@vaga8ondxwr
1.Captcha brotherhood is NOT an official JD plugin so that's why you have to manually install it.
2.If you don't like it, don't use it but NOTE that ocrhood is at the moment the only 100% free captcha exchange service...

GreeZ pspzockerscene
thats kinda miss leading , both captchabrotherhood and captchatrader are 'free' just the latter also offers paid service.

Last edited by raztoki; 21.07.2011 at 02:38.
Old 21.07.2011, 14:19
Community Manager

@raztoki
But if you use captchatrader for free you have to enter more captchas as you get.
E.g. you enter 2 captchas and you can only solve one using the credits (=not fair).

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 21.07.2011, 16:47
English Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
@raztoki
But if you use captchatrader for free you have to enter more captchas as you get.
E.g. you enter 2 captchas and you can only solve one using the credits (=not fair).

GreeZ pspzockerscene
Not sure if I'm following your logic, they both use credits(points) system. The remote solve cost is slightly higher than the earn?

captchatrader is :: solve = 10 , earn = 7, earn mistake/typo = 0, resubmission = 0 (incase your previous solve request is wrong)
captchabrotherhood is :: solve = 10 , earn = 8, earn mistake/typo = -8, resubmission = 0 (incase your previous solve request is wrong)

really is stuff all difference between them, as lelim has reduced the gap.

Not following/understanding your E.g. example

Last edited by raztoki; 21.07.2011 at 16:51.
Old 21.07.2011, 16:53
Community Manager

@raztoki
I don't know the current rates of ocrhood but i still like it more than captchatrader.

@lelim
Could you put the current rates in the programm so we can always see em when entering captchas?

GreeZ pspzockerscene
EDIT

lelim i sent you a PM, please check it...

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 21.07.2011 at 17:07.
Old 21.07.2011, 17:14
English Supporter

That was going from lelim website faq assuming that they are correct. It used to be 10 9 which was 2 points difference between the two services. Taking in account punishing of typos id say they are on par.

It really comes down to users wants/needs vs interface and platform support. Like we have discussed multiple times previously ;>
Old 22.07.2011, 07:24
RobbieG

Exclamation Error loading config file!

I just installed 1.1.5 for the first time, and I got a loop of error messages that kept saying: "Error loading config file!" and I ended up having to end the process. About the 3rd or 4th time of opening the program, I was finally able to put in my username and password and answer a couple captchas. But then it crashed with another error message. When I tried opening again, I was getting the "Error loading config file!" message again. I'm on Win 7 X64

Update: JDownloader is now stuck on waiting for a captcha to be answered. I cannot exit JDownloader. It did not give me the option to answer my own captcha (is this part of the cbh? can I disable this so I can also answer my own?).

Last edited by RobbieG; 22.07.2011 at 07:48.