JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH
 

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 27.05.2009, 21:13
pspzockerscene's Avatar
pspzockerscene pspzockerscene is offline
Community Manager
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 52,432
Default Trash

If you want me to, i can make some tutorial videos and get them on youtube (also hd) but maybe it's better to wait for some updates because i don't wanna show you bugs in the videos:biggrin:
__________________
JD Supporter, Plugin Dev. & Community Manager
How to create a log || Wie man einen Log erstellt
Captcha FAQ EN || Captcha FAQ DE || Erste Schritte & Tutorials
JDownloader 2 Setup Download
-----=>Support Chat<=-----
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
That's true James
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Die Leute verstehen einfach nicht dass nur weil man mit einer Waffe auch auf Menschen schießen kann dass ein Schützenver​ein kein Ort für Amoklaufide​en ist
  #2  
Old 27.05.2009, 21:21
joeprdekana
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

ok, to create a dlc. file first i have to add my links to download list
can u explain how?

for downloading through dlc. link the problem is that the link is not on my comp...i've got the link from a site
something like this "**External links are only visible to Support Staff**
so after i add this link to linkgrabber what next?
  #3  
Old 27.05.2009, 21:23
whattheheck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightwave3d View Post
for the password....

before you start downloading.... you can setup the password by double clicking on the package.... a setting will popup below and you can now set the password by typing/paste it on Archive Password

to close the setting/dialog box, just click the button ( 3 arrow image ) on the upper right corner.....

:thumbup:
Thanks lightwave, for the better way of handling the archive password. I'm currently reworking the tutorial to fit the new info into the flow.

Rgds,
/heck
  #4  
Old 27.05.2009, 21:26
joeprdekana
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i figured it out...thank you guys
  #5  
Old 28.05.2009, 06:21
lightwave3d lightwave3d is offline
JD Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: jdownloader.org
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whattheheck View Post
Thanks lightwave, for the better way of handling the archive password. I'm currently reworking the tutorial to fit the new info into the flow.

Rgds,
/heck
no prob!

oh, yeah, it's called dialog pane!
  #6  
Old 29.05.2009, 04:19
bbognerks
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So, is there a way to have it extract to the download directory set by using the dialog pane in step 13? I'd like it to download and extract in the same directory, but your instructions make it sound like it will download in the specified directory and extract to the default directory.

P.S. Nice job on the new version. It's pretty. I just hope it works as well or better than the old version.

Last edited by bbognerks; 29.05.2009 at 04:22.
  #7  
Old 29.05.2009, 08:12
lightwave3d lightwave3d is offline
JD Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: jdownloader.org
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbognerks View Post
So, is there a way to have it extract to the download directory set by using the dialog pane in step 13? I'd like it to download and extract in the same directory, but your instructions make it sound like it will download in the specified directory and extract to the default directory.

P.S. Nice job on the new version. It's pretty. I just hope it works as well or better than the old version.
you can specify a directory where your downloads will be saved....

just click the select button and browse the directory where you want to save your downloads.....

:thumbup:
  #8  
Old 29.05.2009, 08:31
whattheheck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolmies_underpants View Post
Step 11-13 (password): You can copy all of it in step 11, JD automagically extracts and adds the password as long as it's preceded by "pass", "password" or "pw" with either a colon or a space.

In other words all these will work:

pass: fakepass
pass fakepass
pass:fakepass
Thanks Tolmies_underpants,

I'll rework the guide to show that.

It's a really nice feature.

Rgds,
/heck.
  #9  
Old 29.05.2009, 15:10
bbognerks
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightwave3d View Post
you can specify a directory where your downloads will be saved....

just click the select button and browse the directory where you want to save your downloads.....

:thumbup:
That wasn't the question, but I got it figured out. I knew how to set the download directory for each package. The guide in the original post made it sound like even though you set a download directory for each package, that it would exctract to the default directory instead of the package download directory. This is not the case as it does extract to the package download directory.

I was just concerned that I would wake up this morning and have all my extracted files in the default directory and then have to move them to the directories I set when downloading. Seeing as how my download directories are on my home server, it would have been an extra transfer that wasn't necessary.

Thanks for the response though.
  #10  
Old 29.05.2009, 16:58
whattheheck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi bbognerks,

I too misunderstood your original post.

I've updated the guide to clarify that it is possible to overide the default location for saving and extracting an archive, on a package by package basis.

Thanks for the feedback.

Rgds,
/heck
  #11  
Old 29.05.2009, 18:36
Tolmies_underpants
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whattheheck View Post
Thanks Tolmies_underpants,

I'll rework the guide to show that.

It's a really nice feature.

Rgds,
/heck.
You're welcome.

Keep up the good work.
  #12  
Old 02.06.2009, 02:44
tifotif
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whattheheck View Post
Hi All,

There's been a small but, i feel, significant change to the application usage in version 0.5.949, so i've updated the guide/tutorial to reflect this.

After the links get added to the linkgrabber, then if you have version 0.5.949, you can just click the blue "start download" triangle, at the top left of the application, which will automatically move the package to the download window, where download will begin immediately, if you previously accepted the link sites' "Terms of Service".

From looking at the posts in the forum over the past few days, the previous need to select “Add selected package(s)” in the linkgrabber window, in order to achieve the same effect, was catching out a lot of people.

Rgds,
/heck
Great tutor but
Where i could get the v0.5.949 or newer for windows?
Sorry to asking this stupid question...
coz http://jdownloader.org/download/index just list the version v0.5.917

I already download and tried v0.5.917 but when I update it, it always failed... already tried over and over, not to mention it almost always crash or freeze.

sometime i must used taskman to kill the javaw process, sometime must hard shutdown it by pressing the power button dont wanna cost the HDD coz by the updating process right?

PS: sorry for my bad english
  #13  
Old 02.06.2009, 08:19
whattheheck
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi tifotif,

I got to version 0.5.949 by doing a clean install of 0.5.917 and then doing the updates on that. The update process was slow and at times it seemed like the application had frozen or shut down completely, but i kept waiting and eventually it happened.

From looking at other threads the only problem seems to be that the update servers are currently overloaded, with so may users wanting the new version.

Rgds,
/heck
  #14  
Old 02.06.2009, 09:09
Tolmies_underpants
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by whattheheck View Post
Hi All,

There's been a small but, i feel, significant change to the application usage in version 0.5.949, so i've updated the guide/tutorial to reflect this.

After the links get added to the linkgrabber, then if you have version 0.5.949, you can just click the blue "start download" triangle, at the top left of the application, which will automatically move the package to the download window, where download will begin immediately, if you previously accepted the link sites' "Terms of Service".

From looking at the posts in the forum over the past few days, the previous need to select “Add selected package(s)” in the linkgrabber window, in order to achieve the same effect, was catching out a lot of people.

Rgds,
/heck
Great tip and a very welcome feature. Will try it asap.

Thx.
  #15  
Old 02.06.2009, 09:28
Botzi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

thx for the new tutorial and thread sticked.
  #16  
Old 02.06.2009, 09:52
remi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

It's no wonder the update servers are overloaded wih requests.

I've set the option "Update only at user request", but whenever I start up jD 0.5 it tries to update the plugins. It's contradictory to my settings.
:confused:
  #17  
Old 02.06.2009, 11:45
tifotif
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whattheheck View Post
Hi tifotif,

I got to version 0.5.949 by doing a clean install of 0.5.917 and then doing the updates on that. The update process was slow and at times it seemed like the application had frozen or shut down completely, but i kept waiting and eventually it happened.
soo... when it seem freeze u just wait?! usually i'm gonna use the task man and kill the javaw process... gonna give it a try.. btw thank for the response.

Quote:
From looking at other threads the only problem seems to be that the update servers are currently overloaded, with so may users wanting the new version.

Rgds,
/heck
actually thats keep my wonder... if that's the main problem why the development team dont put the 0.5.949 at the http://jdownloader.org/download/index ?!

just my 2 cents
  #18  
Old 02.06.2009, 21:40
lightwave3d lightwave3d is offline
JD Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: jdownloader.org
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifotif View Post

actually thats keep my wonder... if that's the main problem why the development team dont put the 0.5.949 at the http://jdownloader.org/download/index ?!

just my 2 cents
I guess because 0.5.949 is just an update and not the original build.
  #19  
Old 03.06.2009, 04:46
iceman2002benz
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default can not downing netload?

I use to have the older version and it worked great, now I updated to the new version and now I can copy it but when the new version tries to search if the link is good, it will reset itself and and not load any netload links........

all the other ones like mega and rapid works just fine.

please help
  #20  
Old 05.06.2009, 21:53
canadacowboy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I have a premium account with rapid share, how exactly how I use my ID & PW with this jDownloader "Please"
Thanks
Bill
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 06:03.
Provided By AppWork GmbH | Privacy | Imprint
Parts of the Design are used from Kirsch designed by Andrew & Austin
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.