JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 28.12.2012, 08:17
Alo0oy_89

Default do I have to re-install everytime...?

Do I have to re-install JD every single time I want to run it? The installer creates no short cut & I don't know where its installed' I searched tirelessly in every part of the computer but still couldn't find it

So I end up having to install JD every time I want to run it since the only way to launch JD is the auto-launch after the installation

Am I missing something?
Old 28.12.2012, 20:50
Spanish Supporter

Check if your AntiVirus isn't blocking JDwonloader, and when you install JD run it with administrator rights, and change the path where you are installing the program. The problem is in your PC, not in JD.
Old 28.12.2012, 23:23
Alo0oy_89

But the installer doesn't give me the decision to choose the installation path, on the first step it downloads another installer which is called "updater.jar" or something like that inside an archive, opening it leads to the download of JD2 immediately, after the download finishes the "start JDownloader" button lights up when it is the only time I'm allowed to launch JD
Old 28.12.2012, 23:48
Spanish Supporter

Try with the installers offline, and when the installation finished, check if your AntiVirus or your firewall don't block JD or Java:

JD2 beta x86
http://installer.jdownloader.org/JDownloader2Setup.exe
JD2 beta x64
http://installer.jdownloader.org/JDo...Setup64Bit.exe
Old 29.12.2012, 01:06
Alo0oy_89

I actually found out what the problem was, I'll post it here if anybody later is stuck in the same cycle

The problem was that I was always running the second installer "updater.jar" from within the archive, so after I extracted the archive by mistake the last time I wanted to run JDownloader, I ran the installer anyway & JD was installed on the same folder as the installer