JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurian1897 View Post
Woran liegt das?
@thorsten: siehe
Siehe https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...postcount=4980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurian1897 View Post
Kann Youtube überhaupt das Speedlimit regeln? Ist doch kein reine Downloadportal so wie ein One Click Hoster oder?
Natürlich! Am Ende wandern die Daten über Http/2/3 und dort kann ohne weiteres eine bestimmte Datenrate limitiert werden.
Old 22.08.2022, 16:59
JD Manager

@18Phoenix:
@Steuerkartoffel:
Siehe https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...postcount=4980
Old 22.08.2022, 18:11
JD Manager

Please read here about speed issue, https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...postcount=4980

Last edited by Jiaz; 22.08.2022 at 18:22.
Old 22.08.2022, 19:23
Black Hole

@Jiaz

so has the speed issue been solved and the plugin update just needs to go live or is the issue still being worked on? It isn't too clear. Is there a way for us to track progress of this?
Old 22.08.2022, 19:44
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuknuckle View Post
... issue been solved and the plugin update just needs to go live...
this
Old 22.08.2022, 20:43
Junior Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
this
Old 22.08.2022, 23:38
Modem User

Strangely enough, small music file downloads came in at full speed. Only the larger video files more than 10min long had this issue...?
Old 23.08.2022, 01:33
Black Hole

@Jiaz

I don't mean to be bothersome but I updated JD and I still have the issue. is the update not out? when? do plugin updates go out every hour, day? do I need to remove these videos from JD and re-add them?
Old 23.08.2022, 03:44
Super Loader

Quote:
this
Quote:
@Jiaz

I don't mean to be bothersome but I updated JD and I still have the issue. is the update not out? when? do plugin updates go out every hour, day? do I need to remove these videos from JD and re-add them?
I don't think an update is pushed yet. Mind you, I have zero information to go off of for this (how updates are pushed regionally, time-zone coordinated, etc etc). I can only go off the info I have/I know: I've had the JD2 program up and running for days straight, before and during this "slowdown" issue. I just now, as I'm typing this, closed and re-opened JD and checked the build date: says Sun Jun 26 11:07:23 CEST 2022. And yes, my videos are still downloading at a snail's pace.
So my assumption is: the update isn't out yet. However, if YOU indeed have a new/updated version, and you are still getting slow downloads, I'm gonna lose some hope.... (but only a tiny bit, because the JD2 team is f%$#ing awesome and I know it'll get resolved in time!!!)
V/R
my $0.02
Old 23.08.2022, 04:52
Baby Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by perspicacia View Post
The YT slow speed issue only seems to occur with the video variants that use DASH_VIDEO container. I changed it to one that uses MP4 container and I seem to get full speed download.
Hope that helps some of you
Let me see if I got it. What you're saying is that I should prefer to download in '.mp4' format instead of others, so the limitation disappears? Look, I just did a test here, I captured a random link on YT and chose MP4 format for video... BUT, the problem persisted, the video stream dropped to 55~65kbps; then, shortly after, downloaded the audio stream in an UNLIMITED way again. As I said, this is what is happening. It's horrible because the audio part is always smaller than the video part, so for a week I've been forced to wait more than 1 hour to download a long video in reasonable 720p quality. It's sad! JDownloader 2 NEED an urgent update to adapt to the parameters imposed by Google on its video platform, Youtube. I hope the JD2 guys recognize this need, or at least review the project to see what's going on.
Old 23.08.2022, 08:41
Modem User

Default Download von YT sehr langsam

Guten morgen,
ich habe gerade festgestellt das der Download von YT plötzlich sehr langsam ist
zb bei diesem **External links are only visible to Support Staff**Video läd der plötzlich nur noch mit knapp 47kib/s runter.

Dieses **External links are only visible to Support Staff**Video braucht ähnlich lange zum Download
Ich habe kein Speedlimit drin.

Woran kann das liegen?
Old 23.08.2022, 08:44
Modem User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Ambition View Post
It's sad! JDownloader 2 NEED an urgent update to adapt to the parameters imposed by Google on its video platform, Youtube. I hope the JD2 guys recognize this need, or at least review the project to see what's going on.
Well, they know that JD needs an update and they are working on it. This has been confirmed from the official side. It's all in the works and will take its course.
You should also understand that not everything is always *päng poof* implemented with a finger snap as from ghost hand. So that the customer, that is us, is also happy and satisfied, everything must be tested beforehand. Or am I seeing this wrong?

what do you think how many would grumble if there was immediately an update, which does not work? Then it's not right either.

and if we are honest - yes it is annoying that it does not work as we know and love it but no life depends on it, it is not the end of the world if it does not work for a few days as it works 99.99%. We must also have a little patience.

There are currently much more important and urgent things in the world than to fret about YT throttling!

So if you want it to be perfect, let the guys and gals at JD do their job and be patient. Everything will be fine again.
Old 23.08.2022, 13:04
JD Beta

Quote:
Let me see if I got it. What you're saying is that I should prefer to download in '.mp4' format instead of others, so the limitation disappears? Look, I just did a test here, I captured a random link on YT and chose MP4 format for video... BUT, the problem persisted, the video stream dropped to 55~65kbps; then, shortly after, downloaded the audio stream in an UNLIMITED way again. As I said, this is what is happening. It's horrible because the audio part is always smaller than the video part, so for a week I've been forced to wait more than 1 hour to download a long video in reasonable 720p quality. It's sad! JDownloader 2 NEED an urgent update to adapt to the parameters imposed by Google on its video platform, Youtube. I hope the JD2 guys recognize this need, or at least review the project to see what's going on.
It is not about the filetype it is about the container.

When you go to change the video variant (instructions how given in earlier post) you are given various available choices (depending on your settings you will get a number of different versions for each filetype - so several different mp4. mkv, etc), and their specs as follows...

Type (e.g. Video)
Filetype (mp4, mkv etc)
3D/360
Width
Height
Fps
Video Codec
Audio Codec
Audio Bitrrate
Container

It is that last one "Container" that is important. Any of the variant choices that use DASH_VIDEO will be slow to download.

I have been picking a MP4 variant that uses MP4 as the "container" (not DASH_VIDEO) and I have got full speed download.

PM me if you need instructions on this with pics

Last edited by perspicacia; 23.08.2022 at 13:16.
Old 23.08.2022, 13:55
JD Manager

@candys: siehe https://board.jdownloader.org/showpo...postcount=4980

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjikari View Post
I don't think an update is pushed yet.
Correct, updates have not yet been released

Quote:
Updates have not yet been released.
when = as soon as I've finished my review and feel ready to release the updates
remove/re-add = not required, but maybe (depends on many different factor) a rightclick reset might be required

Last edited by Jiaz; 23.08.2022 at 13:58.
Old 23.08.2022, 14:10
Baby Loader

i don't see this "Container" option in mine

https://i.imgur.com/ZkhGUh5.png
Old 23.08.2022, 14:41
Modem User

Quote:
@candys: siehe **External links are only visible to Support Staff**...

thank you then i will wait
Old 23.08.2022, 14:55
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by markifi View Post
The user does mean the large table with all the possible/selected variants, see
Quote:
Originally Posted by perspicacia View Post
It is that last one "Container" that is important. Any of the variant choices that use DASH_VIDEO will be slow to download.
Old 23.08.2022, 15:27
JD Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by markifi View Post

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
Right click on one of the column headers and in the subsequent menu make sure Container has a tick by it.

Also what you have there is the plugin setting for youtube, so when you can see the container column make sure all the variants that use DASH_VIDEO are deselected that way when you load a youtube link into the Linkgrabber it won't automatically choose a DASH_VIDEO variant.

Obviously this is only a workaround and once the issue is fixed you can reset those settings

Last edited by perspicacia; 23.08.2022 at 15:35.
Old 23.08.2022, 16:08
Baby Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexelA View Post
Well, they know that JD needs an update and they are working on it. This has been confirmed from the official side. It's all in the works and will take its course.
You should also understand that not everything is always *päng poof* implemented with a finger snap as from ghost hand. So that the customer, that is us, is also happy and satisfied, everything must be tested beforehand. Or am I seeing this wrong?

what do you think how many would grumble if there was immediately an update, which does not work? Then it's not right either.

and if we are honest - yes it is annoying that it does not work as we know and love it but no life depends on it, it is not the end of the world if it does not work for a few days as it works 99.99%. We must also have a little patience.

There are currently much more important and urgent things in the world than to fret about YT throttling!

So if you want it to be perfect, let the guys and gals at JD do their job and be patient. Everything will be fine again.
I'm being patient. For example, for over a year the JD2 'clipboard monitor' does not recognize the first click, after starting the program I need to disable/enable the feature in the top menu. Also, if I wait long minutes after starting the program, the 'clipboard monitor' works normally...but only after about 20 minutes. It doesn't bother. But the problem of speed limitation bothers a lot, it's good to know that they are solving the problem then. Thanks for the explanations.
Old 23.08.2022, 16:12
Baby Loader

I can confirm that you get a better speed, with excluding [Dash_Video]-files, but during my testing I was only lucky once, having the usual speed. However, roughly +300 KiB/s per DL is better than 50 KiB/s.

As mentioned above here with SnapShots:

Cheers!

PS: Sorry, but the pic-links do not work!

Last edited by Jiaz; 23.08.2022 at 17:18.
Old 23.08.2022, 17:14
JD Manager

Quote:
I'm being patient. For example, for over a year the JD2 'clipboard monitor' does not recognize the first click, after starting the program I need to disable/enable the feature in the top menu......
JDownloader can only recognize clipboard changes! On startup of JDownloader the first content of clipboard is loaded but not parsed. Now you copy the same link to clipboard, no changes is detected because the clipboard content is still the same. You can change this via Settings->Advanced Settings->GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings.clipboardskipmode and change to NEVER

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 23.08.2022 at 17:21. Reason: Fixed typo
Old 23.08.2022, 19:22
DSL Light User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexelA View Post

I agree that we have much more important things right now than youtube download speed, the most important thing is to learn natural law from Mark Passio and get rid of all evil governments that are based on coercion, theft and violence.
Also we don't have much time left because the central banks and governments want to enslave us all with their CBDC central bank digital currency once they crash the current financial system.

Back to topic:
I actually think I was the reason why youtube decided to limit the download speed, because I downloaded 30TB from youtube over the last 2 months using JD2, mainly full channel rips, for example Linus Tech Tips has 5800 videos with a size of 3.5 TB.
I also changed the jdownloader plugins settings for youtube so every file has the upload date at the beginning of the filename, here are my settings:
Customized Packagename: *date[yyyy-MM-dd]* *VIDEO_NAME*
Filename for Video files: *date[yyyy-MM-dd]**3D**360* *VIDEO_NAME* (*H*p_*FPS*fps_*VIDEO_CODEC*-*AUDIO_BITRATE*kbit_*AUDIO_CODEC*).*EXT*
Filename for Audio files: *date[yyyy-MM-dd]* *VIDEO_NAME* (*AUDIO_BITRATE*kbit_*AUDIO_CODEC*).*EXT*
Filename for Image files: *date[yyyy-MM-dd]* *VIDEO_NAME* (*QUALITY*).*EXT*
Filename for Subtitle files: *date[yyyy-MM-dd]* *VIDEO_NAME* (*LNG[DISPLAY]*).*EXT*
Filename for Description files: *date[yyyy-MM-dd]* *VIDEO_NAME* (*QUALITY*).*EXT*

It would be great if these changes could be implemented with the next update, as I can imagine many people want the upload date included for various reasons. I think including the upload date should have been the standard from the beginning, also for twitter and instagram.
I had to go through many hoops to find the right settings, but I still have thousands of files on my pc and I have no idea from which date they are from :-(

With these settings the upload date can be added to the beginning of all files downloaded from twitter:
Go to Packagizer, click on Add, choose a Condition Name, check Downloadurl and type twitter.com in the contains field. Next check Filename and type <jd:prop:date>_<jd:orgpackagename>_<jd:orgfilename> , click on save.
(The "Use original filename instead of plugin filenames?" box also has to be checked under twitter plugins settings)

That DASH_VIDEO workaround doesn't work, because the highest quality videos are only available in DASH_VIDEO.

I initially wanted to post that information 1 week ago, but some moderator decided to not approve my account, likely because I always use a VPN for privacy.
Old 23.08.2022, 19:34
JD Alpha

Ahm... all this talk about DASH_VIDEO.... but am i missing something? I thought the entire point of 'prefering' and using the DASH_VIDEO ones is because long ago youtube basically 'forced it' if you want to see something higher than 720p. as far as i know if you disable the dash_video options, and pick for example a video that has a 1080p 30fps or a 1080p 60fps video, all you will get is a 720p30fps video in ur clipboard observer? then whats the point? i'd rather slowly download at 50kb/s until jdownloader updates then faster download a 720p downscaled video...
Old 23.08.2022, 19:51
JD Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco86 View Post
I initially wanted to post that information 1 week ago, but some moderator decided to not approve my account, likely because I always use a VPN for privacy.
I'm sorry but sometimes auto activation of account fails and requires manual review. Due to lack of time/weekend, this may sometimes take longer than wished. Next time please just contact us via support@jdownloader.org so we can look into it faster.

Last edited by Jiaz; 23.08.2022 at 19:55.
Old 23.08.2022, 22:49
Baby Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by YT-SuckZ View Post
I can confirm that you get a better speed, with excluding [Dash_Video]-files, but during my testing I was only lucky once, having the usual speed. However, roughly +300 KiB/s per DL is better than 50 KiB/s.

As mentioned above here with SnapShots:

PS: Sorry, but the pic-links do not work!
Thanks for posting the images. I followed the instructions, unfortunately there is no improvement. The download remains limited to 75 kbps on average for any format or resolution.
Old 24.08.2022, 02:21
DSL Light User

Hello, any word on that update going live to fix the speeds?
Old 24.08.2022, 03:32
Super Loader

Default very slow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leifman View Post
I believe youtube changed something? since from today (worked fine yesterday and all the time till today) the speeds suddenly are sub-100kb/s (like literally, 50kb/s or 80kb/s per file which all had just 1 connection with the new 'method' jdownloader used and used to have 4-5mb/s per connection each till today)

Not sure if a log can help/show that speed change but here is the one i just made starting the download / waiting a few seconds with its speed and stopping it:

18.08.22 12.00.57 <--> 18.08.22 12.01.52 jdlog://2039211370661/
i'm having a similar problem.
Speed is always below 70kb/s.
Old 24.08.2022, 05:41
Baby Loader

Quote:
Thanks for posting the images. I followed the instructions, unfortunately there is no improvement. The download remains limited to 75 kbps on average for any format or resolution.
Have you also increased the value for the 3 points under DL-List?

With the workaround I always get at least 275 KiB/s plus minus 25 KiB/s.

This is my choice: 720p_30fps_H264-192kbit_AAC.mp4

In the Downloads-List I always had a limit of 2.50 MB/s, which is now obsolete, but I still stick to it and this still helps:

- Max Chunks per DL: 5

- Max simultaneous DL: 5

- Max sim. DL per Hoster: 5

I think this "triple 5" is a good compromise, when I chose more in early times, it wasn't helpful at all...so...for me "5" seems to be fine!

Maybe it gives you also a bit more speed?!

Cheers!
Old 24.08.2022, 11:03
JD Adviser

when I use the youtube plugin naming setting like this "*VIDEO_NAME* *quality*(*bestresolution*)"
for *bestresolution* I would get standard resolutions like 1080p
even for videos that are not set to standard resolution like this **External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

jdownlaodeder would put the name as THE OCCUPANT (Science Fiction, Short Film)804p 25fps(1080p).

can this be changed so that the name would be correct like 804p 25fps(804p)?
Old 24.08.2022, 11:54
Super Loader

It's across the board for me on everything from Rapidgator to grabbing streaming videos. nothing goes over the slow speed. Took me 26 hours to download something thats 90 mins at most usually
Old 24.08.2022, 12:12
Community Manager

@rezad
Filename for video files -->
Code:
*VIDEO_NAME* *quality*(*HEIGHT*p)*.EXT*
@Korben
For youtube:
Read the last posts in this thread.
For rapidgator:
Read this thread.

In general when you are having speed issues: Read this article.

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 24.08.2022, 12:24
Super Loader

My speed issues seemed to have occurred at the same time as everyone elses for youtube. One link is in german and can't read it.

It's every thing I try and I figured it was streaming stuff but Rapidgator is the same. Will wait for the next update and see as I have read the slow speed link thing before. Everything works out of JD as fast speeds
Old 24.08.2022, 12:43
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korben View Post
My speed issues seemed to have occurred at the same time as everyone elses for youtube.
Then you need to wait for the release of our next set of CORE-updates to get the fix for this issue.

Quote:
One link is in german and can't read it.
Sure you can. Use Google Translate or similar: translate.google.com

Quote:
Will wait for the next update and see as I have read the slow speed link thing before.
The update will not change Rapidgator downloadspeeds.
Read the (german) thread and read the slow speed article I've linked...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 24.08.2022, 13:12
Super Loader

I tried the translate and honestly not much help. Just seems to says there are issues similar to mine. Read the slow speed one too. I know you said it won't fix the slow speeds in next update but something seems to have gone wrong across a bunch of stuff so its definitely JD related.
Old 24.08.2022, 13:13
Community Manager

So in browser you can download from RG at max speed?

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 24.08.2022, 13:24
Super Loader

Yes as tried it there again downloading from Chrome after logging in via the website and full speed and no problem. Downloaded a file and showed a couple minutes than the hours JD shows it would take.

If I stop and restart my downloads in JD shows full speed for a bit then dies down to a 10th of the speed
Old 24.08.2022, 13:27
Community Manager

Please contact us again via support@jdownloader.org and/or open a separate thread as your RG issue is not related to the topic of this thread (youtube).

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 24.08.2022, 14:13
Modem User

Default Youtube is throttling DLs to 50 KiB/s

Hi all,

Youtube is throttling DLs to 50 KiB/s. The people from youtube -dlp have developed a solution:
github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp/issues/4635

Will there be a new Youtube plugin to solve this issue?

Thanks for all your information in advance

Best regards

Tom

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 25.08.2022 at 15:33. Reason: Github URL is now publicly visible
Old 24.08.2022, 14:17
Community Manager

Merged YT threads.

@Tom Callaghan
No news. Please read the last two pages of this thread.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 24.08.2022, 14:59
Modem User

Thank you for pointing to this thread. I will use the workaround without the dash_video and I will wait for an update.

Tom