JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 03.05.2020, 12:16
Giga Loader

Default Drag & Drop In Filtered View

Hello, hope all is well in this current crazy time.

I was wondering if in the next version(s) we could have the ability to drag and drop in the filtered view.

E.g. in downloads list, just type a search word to filter the view to only show packages/files with the matching word. Then, be able to drag and drop one file in one package into another package (or an entire package into another package) in this filtered mode like normal.

Currently nothing can be clicked and dragged whilst in filtered view.

I am unsure if this is a bug or a non-existing feature, so I wasn't sure which forum to place this in.

The only previous mention of such a thing is from some thread from 2009.
Old 03.05.2020, 13:17
English Supporter

currently no reordering can take place in a filtered view.
I dont believe this will be worked on any time soon.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 04.05.2020, 13:55
Community Manager

I'm pretty sure this will never come.
Also if you ask me this is a very specific request ...

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 04.05.2020, 14:12
Giga Loader

Well it'd be really nice to have and I hope it can be implemented; should be relatively straightforward although that's me saying it with no knowledge of how the code is structured.

Maybe even a roundabout manner would be useful, for instance right click > move to existing package (I tried using move to new package and input the existing package's path/name but it did nothing).

The usecase is that in a long list it becomes hard to navigate. So say there is existingPackage and then you add a packageFromLinkGrabber. The packageFromLinkGrabber will be at the bottom of the list, like normal. But let's say existingPackage is somewhere lost in the thousands of packages and you want to add the contents of packageFromLinkGrabber into existingPackage. This happens often when updating an existing package as newer downloads appear or whatever. Like how new episodes of a series come out.

Right now the only way is to first filter to find existingPackage. Then sending it to the bottom of the list. Then dragging packageFromLinkGrabber and dropping it into existingPackage. Problem with this is that it causes the original location of existingPackage to now be lost (location in the list) - since we download many things with a context. In other words, it is likely that downloads related to existingPackage are before and after it and by moving it to the bottom of the list breaks that "context". Like moving Mount Fuji from the middle of Japan and placing it onto some other place on Earth. It's not a huge deal but it's a bit of a drag.

If this cannot be implemented easily then at the very least the UI should support input context. So for instance, if you are in Windows' File Explorer, you can enter a folder (the first click on it will have it selected), then go back and the selection will be maintained. Even if it goes out of view due to whatever bug Windows has (often going back and forth or accidentally refreshing the folder view will cause the view to reset), but as long as the folder remains selected, one can press one of the arrow keys to then cause the view to immediately move to where the folder is in the list. This doesn't seem to be supported in jD if one goes into filtered view, selected a package, unfilters the view and then presses an arrow key to shift the view to the selected package. The package remains selected but the view resets to the top of the list and there's no way other than to use the scrollbars to go find the package. I believe there were a few threads about this before, about the view resetting once exiting filtered view. But for the purposes of merging the two packages, this would have to work in conjunction with being able to at least reorder packages in filtered view. So reordering the packageFromLinkGrabber to sit right next to existingPackage > exiting filtered view > using arrowkeys to snap the view to selected package (existingPackage or packageFromLinkGrabber, assuming the view resetting behaviour is not changed) and then merging the two packages.
Old 04.05.2020, 14:21
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by serrato View Post
Well it'd be really nice to have and I hope it can be implemented; should be relatively straightforward although that's me saying it with no knowledge of how the code is structured.
There you go - we're open source:
https://jdownloader.org/knowledge/wi...nt/get-started

Sorry for the simple answer but that's all I can do for you now.

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 04.05.2020, 14:24
Giga Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspzockerscene View Post
There you go - we're open source:
**External links are only visible to Support Staff**...

Sorry for the simple answer but that's all I can do for you now.

-psp-
Haha thanks. Probably beyond my current skillset but I'll take a crack at it sometime.
Old 04.05.2020, 14:47
Community Manager

We'd for sure be glad to have some more helping hands even if you'd just add whatever is in your interest

-psp-

Spoiler:

Quote:
Old 12.05.2020, 19:23
JD Manager

Old 12.05.2020, 19:35
JD Manager

Drag/Drop in filtered mode is more complex because in filtered state, the index/position of the drop location is no longer absolute
to the complete list but relative to another item.
So for example the question is....relative to above/below drop location link? What if above is package and below is link?
So one idea would be to select/mark link(s)/package(s) and then can move/merge to different package via rightclick menu.
Such an action would also work in filtered view.
Old 12.05.2020, 20:46
Giga Loader

Quote:

Drag/Drop in filtered mode is more complex because in filtered state, the index/position of the drop location is no longer absolute
to the complete list but relative to another item.
So for example the question is....relative to above/below drop location link? What if above is package and below is link?
So one idea would be to select/mark link(s)/package(s) and then can move/merge to different package via rightclick menu.
Such an action would also work in filtered view.
Can the index issue be resolved by copying the original indexes into a temporary array when in filtered view?

If that's not feasible then the right click menu would be fine.

BTW I remembered a related issue (which happens often but maybe that's why it's easy to forget). Say we have the following list, where [+] indicates collapsed package and [-] indicates an opened package to show its list of files:

[+] Package 1 (package at the top of the list)
[-] Package 2
- file1
[+] Package 3 (package at the bottom of the list)

Say I want to move Package 1 and Package 2 to the bottom of the list by using the buttons on the main toolbar (that has hotkey Alt+End).

If I select Package 1 and Package 2 by ctrl+clicking their Package names, it would work fine. But if I select Package 1 and 2 AND file1, then the buttons disable and I can no longer move them. I can move them INTO another package, but I cannot change their position in the list. The same happens if I select only one package with its file(s), e.g. only Package 2 and file1 (i.e. both are highlighted). This behaviour is reproducible when doing the opposite (i.e. moving files up) and also in filtered view. Thought I'd mention it while I had it in mind. I suppose this one has a lot more complicated stuff going on, where selecting the package is dealing with package indexes and selecting files along with the package is dealing with file indexes and package indexes.
Old 07.02.2021, 17:51
Giga Loader

This is one of the ongoing things that has been quite annoying since like forever because I sort stuff in packages all the time.

There is a little trick:
- Filter what you want, so that the destination package shows up too.
- Select the package/download you want to move into the existing package.
- Press Ctrl+C.
- Select the destination package.
- Click the X in the filter to disable it.
- Your cursor is now in the filter edit box still, so Ctrl+V will not work properly => Press TAB so you move the focus on another button and Ctrl+V will be catched by the main list.
- Press Ctrl+V. Now because the main list catches the paste event and the destination package is selected, it will be moved there.

When in filtered view, the absolute identifiers for the packages still exist I assume? Because I can change the names of items for example.

So would Ctrl+C/V work in filtered mode?
Old 08.02.2021, 07:15
Giga Loader

Thanks. The other way is to search, find, select the package you're looking for, then click x to clear the filter field - the selection remains on the package but the focus is not there, but you can use the buttons on the menu to move up or down and you can send it all the way to the bottom or the top. However this means you will be sacrificing its original position in the list.
Old 08.02.2021, 08:48
Script Master

Quote:
So one idea would be to select/mark link(s)/package(s) and then can move/merge to different package via rightclick menu. Such an action would also work in filtered view.
Eventscripter script to move selection to context package. Will work both in normal/filtered view.
Code:
/*
    Move selection to context package
    Trigger: Downloadlist Contextmenu Button Pressed
    Create context menu button:
        Customize context menu
        Add a new "Eventscirpter trigger" button
        Rename it to "Move selection to THIS package" (without quotes, case-sensitive)
        Change Icon (optional)
*/

if (name = "Move selection to THIS package") {

var package = dlSelection.contextPackage;
    var links = dlSelection.links;

if (package) {

var linkIds = links.map(function(link) {
            return link.UUID;
        });

callAPI("downloadsV2", "moveLinks", linkIds, -1, package.UUID);
    }
}
  • Add the script to eventscripter.
  • Create context menu command as specified in script.
  • Select both source and destinations links/packages in the list.
  • Right-click on the destination package (the selection should still be active).
  • Click "Move selection to THIS package" in context menu.
Since there is no UNDO option in JD, keep a backup of your link list (just in case you need to restore it), before testing/using this script.

Last edited by mgpai; 08.02.2021 at 14:26. Reason: Fixed typo.
Old 08.02.2021, 14:18
Giga Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpai View Post
if (naame
Didn't test it, but I guess this should be just "name"?
Old 08.02.2021, 14:27
Script Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrato View Post
Didn't test it, but I guess this should be just "name"?
Thanks. Updated the script.
Old 25.08.2023, 18:39
Giga Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgpai View Post
Eventscripter script to move selection to context package. Will work both in normal/filtered view.
Code:
/*
    Move selection to context package
    Trigger: Downloadlist Contextmenu Button Pressed
    Create context menu button:
        Customize context menu
        Add a new "Eventscirpter trigger" button
        Rename it to "Move selection to THIS package" (without quotes, case-sensitive)
        Change Icon (optional)
*/

if (name = "Move selection to THIS package") {

var package = dlSelection.contextPackage;
    var links = dlSelection.links;

if (package) {

var linkIds = links.map(function(link) {
            return link.UUID;
        });

callAPI("downloadsV2", "moveLinks", linkIds, -1, package.UUID);
    }
}
  • Add the script to eventscripter.
  • Create context menu command as specified in script.
  • Select both source and destinations links/packages in the list.
  • Right-click on the destination package (the selection should still be active).
  • Click "Move selection to THIS package" in context menu.
Since there is no UNDO option in JD, keep a backup of your link list (just in case you need to restore it), before testing/using this script.
Long overdue, but thanks again for this.

For those confused about how to add the context menu command, go into

Settings > User Interface > and under the Menus and Toolbars section, click on the button named Right Click Menu: Linkgrabber Table.

Here you can add the button.

By the way, I suspect this will only work in the downloads list, right? Can it be adapted for the linkgrabber list, or does that work in a different way?