JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Closed Thread

Old 25.07.2011, 16:59
Junior Loader

Hi Jiaz, thanks for pointing me in the right direction with the knowledge base, JD seems to be working even with 6 downloads at a time.
Old 30.07.2011, 01:18
marcosmatch9

Well well.. i read a LOT OF CRAPPY STUFF.. I FINALLY FOUND THE SOLUTION.
The problem Is NOT your ISP. The problem is not your firewall. THE PROBLEM IS not your antivirus and whatever crap the staff blames.. not eVEN CHINA GREAT FIREWALL (what a scam!!!). Not DNS. NOT CACHE .. not Bla bla bla bla bla
not president Obaman nor CLinton.

THE problem is JDownloader..

people.. this worked for me.. YOU just have to DISABLE SPEED LIMIT::::
YES!! just that..
if u still want to limit the program use a 3rd party bandwith limiter.
there are soft that can limit the bandwith for each program running separetly (such as Net Limiter 3 wich I use).

That is the solution.
Now you can get back to your normal life.
Old 30.07.2011, 09:16
JD Manager

the old speedlimiter can of course cause some issues, but the read timeouts are not caused by them.
if you use too many connection and too slow speed, then read timeouts can happen!
next major update will include a much better/fine tunable speedlimiter
Old 30.07.2011, 09:41
remi

@marcosmatch9

Don't blame jD's staff. I don't belong to it but give the same recommendations.

Most customers here don't use jD's speed limiter and they still have this problem. As Jiaz writes, these time outs are not caused by the speed limiter but by you because you set it too low for the number of connections you were using.

If you just want to give each download program a fair share of the download bandwidth, your OS will do the optimisation automatically for you. You can also change the OS's process priorities, for instance increase your browser's priority.

Most customers don't need a separate bandwidth shaper for that. I'm running a traffic statistics tool that can do much more, including limiting the upload/download speeds but I've never had to use that function.
Old 30.07.2011, 13:24
English Supporter

get yourself a better router with QOS settings which should do all the hard work for load balancing services/ports/data, that's all you should ever need.

Net limiter is all right, I've been using it for years. Must say version 2 is much better version 3. Half the features are missing in v3 and they moved over to new logger sqllite which takes up 1000++ times more space than v2 individual files. My v2 went for 3 years without any problems of space running out total of like 50MB. v3 would chew up all my hard drive in 2months ~3GB == some real bad coding!) I really only use net limiter for the statistics so I wasn't impressed. You can limit down to the application layer and even socket, but socket connections are temporary and so are your individual settings.
Old 07.08.2011, 13:50
Banned

Well, I have a feeling that marcosmatch9 is right and the speed limit is at least part of the problem. My DSL line is very slow (~340 kb/s) and some hosters already deliver the maximum. That's why I turned on the speed limit in the first place (300 kb/s).

Downloading from Megaupload and Rapidshare resulted in "No permission to write ..." errors for Megaupload within minutes after download started. I think Megaupload is one of those very fast hosters and the downloads get interrupted due to some error in the speed limit code (or whatever). When I switch off speed limit there is no interruption, although download speed will not increase a lot due to my slow line.

But switching off the speed limit is not a good solution for me! Even one single Megaupload file will make surfing the net with a browser a living hell.
And no, third parity software for QOS is not an option here ...

@remi
This is not meant as an insult! We are in the bug report section and this clearly is a bug with a possible solution at hand. For me a conservative speed limit of 300 kb/s is necessary for browsing with my slow 340 kb/s line.
Old 07.08.2011, 14:23
remi

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by celerondude View Post
And no, third parity software for QOS is not an option here ...
I'm curious about your reasons. Can you explain why you can't run another program that might solve your issues?
Old 07.08.2011, 14:50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by remi View Post
I'm curious about your reasons. Can you explain why you can't run another program that might solve your issues?
Yes, there are already enough programs running on my computer and I don't want to have some additional software to make things worse. If I was to fix every bug in every application I use with additional software (that is most likely to contain bugs itself) ... hope you get the point
Again, this is a bug and looking at the speed limiter might solve it.
Old 07.08.2011, 15:53
remi

If you're running a firewall on your computer try to replace it with one that has some basic speed limiting features.

If your router supports QOS you can also configure and use that function.

Both options don't require additional software.

Do you have disk or RAM problems?

If you want to wait for the next major release of jD then you might have to wait at least another year.
Old 07.08.2011, 16:04
Banned

Quote:
If you're running a firewall on your computer try to replace it with one that has some basic speed limiting features.
No firewall

Quote:
If your router supports QOS you can also configure and use that function.
Tell me how my router is supposed to distinguish between Http traffic from file hosters and web pages. (I only have one single computer here)

Quote:
Do you have disk or RAM problems?
No I don't. Switching off speed limit solved the problem immediately which points to the speed limiter as one possible source for the problem. I'm not saying it's the only one ...

Quote:
If you want to wait for the next major release of jD then you might have to wait at least another year.
Thank you for your advice, your suggestions are very helpful!
Old 07.08.2011, 18:54
English Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by celerondude View Post
No firewall

Tell me how my router is supposed to distinguish between Http traffic from file hosters and web pages. (I only have one single computer here)
It does that by load balancing each connection to allow speed/bandwidth for sockets on equal or bias basis, using algorithms to decide and or manage. This also keeps your ping relatively low allowing speedy internet response even when your connection is nearly maxed out. QOS has been around for years and it does work! I'd suggest at the hardware layer over software as most users have networks with multiple users and or devices. Doing this on your router allows each device ease of access without one device/application hogging your total available bandwidth. Some QOS rank different ports, some do it at the packet layer, while some who knows??? Personally I have 300KiB/sec connection ~3000Kbit and I have no problems with bandwidth share nor use any software layer to do this task (jd speed limiter set to 0(unlimited)). To me your hardware/network is crap, to put it bluntly.

Last edited by raztoki; 08.08.2011 at 10:10.
Old 06.09.2011, 00:04
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
It does that by load balancing each connection to allow speed/bandwidth for sockets on equal or bias basis, using algorithms to decide and or manage.
Wooohoooo! That's awsome dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
To me your hardware/network is crap, to put it bluntly.
That must be it, thanks for pointing this out! My router doesn't seem to do a good job with QOS when all traffic is coming from the same IP using the same protocol through the same port. To me this community is crap, to put it bluntly.
Old 06.09.2011, 10:32
remi

I like straight talk. You are very funny guys.
Old 11.09.2011, 16:29
Shadowx9

I hereby declare that I stopped using/ Supporting Jdownloader.

I tried everything the creator said. I even changed my whole PC and a new internet. I'm still having this abort (with no reason) problem. People who say my internet is crap probably don't know what to say or don't know what are they saying. I have been using a crappy internet + router before with no problems with Jdownloader. And the problem appeared a while after (With the same crappy internet + router)....

I changed everything! Hardware AND software (Firewall, Java settings)

When the creator decides to look at this problem more seriously and stops saying it's not a Jdownloader problem, I will rejoin. I believe I'm not the only one going this way. Sorry "creator".
Old 12.09.2011, 10:04
remi

Something is interfering with your downloads in jD if you can download without issues in your browser.

What about some example links and a complete and detailed log?
Old 10.10.2011, 05:01
cmv88

I want to say something in case it helps...

i was using an old version (nighty maybe) and it worked prefect...never had a problem

then some days ago jdownloader told me to update..and i guess it updated to a new version....well..now i get the "no permission to write to hard disk" in most files ...so this problem is from jdownloader...not antivirus nor servers nor conection becauise before it worked perfect and i didnt change anything else
Old 10.10.2011, 09:34
remi

If you get "No permissions to write to hard disk", please, read about connection problems and their solutions.
Old 06.06.2012, 03:53
enerdude

Ok I seem to also get this "No permissions to write to hard disk" randomly. I have tried EVERYTHING suggested but it still happens sometimes.

I would think a nice solution would be to have jdownloader RETRY automatically a few times (or set an option where one can set the amount of retries) cause it works when i manually enable the link and retry.

Problem is obviously the time wasted if you leave it overnight cause then you have to manually retry in the morning.

So when can we expect the new rework version of JDownloader that will have this "autoretry function" - I see it is mentioned earlier in this thread that a total remake of Jdownloader is in the works?

Last edited by enerdude; 06.06.2012 at 03:56.
Old 06.06.2012, 10:03
JD Manager

wait for next major version where errorhandling got better
Old 06.06.2012, 20:41
enerdude

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
wait for next major version where errorhandling got better
Thanks for all guys developing this great app.

Any kind of time-frame when we can expect this (month / years)? I wont quote you on it
Closed Thread