JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 10.09.2016, 14:30
Super Loader

Default Why does JD2 make some captchas harder?

Does anyone know why JD2 doesn't use use the same captcha as the website it's downloading from?

In this example, it's filejoker and the web captcha is nice and easy, but JD2 turns it into one of those completely impossible ones (which I seriously doubt any human could get right!)

How can I prevent it doing this?
Attached Thumbnails
web version.jpg   JD2 version.JPG  
Old 10.09.2016, 14:49
Community Manager & Admin (inaktiv)

Hi,

it depends on the host you are downloading from and the services running on their site. JD doesn't make any CAPTCHAs harder, of course. Adding your Google account under Settings-->Account Manager may help receive easier CAPTCHAs. Otherwise, you need to buy a premium account (best via JD if you want to support us).

Hope I could help.

Greetz

REGELN: Bugreports | RULES: Bugreports

Erste Schritte & Tutorials | Self Help Index | Read Me | JD 2 Beta - FAQ

Support Chat

Keep smiling, it's simple!
Old 10.09.2016, 14:55
Super Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think3r View Post
Hi,

it depends on the host you are downloading from and the services running on their site. JD doesn't make any CAPTCHAs harder, of course. Adding your Google account under Settings-->Account Manager may help receive easier CAPTCHAs. Otherwise, you need to buy a premium account (best via JD if you want to support us).

Hope I could help.

Greetz
Thanks. I realise JD2 doesn't make things harder on purpose. I guess I just wonder why it doesn't just use the same captcha the web version does?

When you say add my google account, I don't have that option in JD2 settings > account manager. Only recaptcha.google.com and docs.google.com. Did you mean one of those?
Old 10.09.2016, 15:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic Bertrand View Post
Thanks. I realise JD2 doesn't make things harder on purpose. I guess I just wonder why it doesn't just use the same captcha the web version does?

When you say add my google account, I don't have that option in JD2 settings > account manager. Only recaptcha.google.com and docs.google.com. Did you mean one of those?
The services detect a robot downloading, that's why you may get more complicated CAPTCHAs.

Yes, I mean recaptcha.google.com, of course. As those CAPTCHAs you see, are from Google.

Greetz

Support Chat

Old 10.09.2016, 15:24
Super Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think3r View Post
The services detect a robot downloading, that's why you may get more complicated CAPTCHAs.

Yes, I mean recaptcha.google.com, of course. As those CAPTCHAs you see, are from Google.

Greetz
really? Never knew google had anything to do with it! Interesting.

Thanks so much for your help!
Old 10.09.2016, 16:00

Google's everywhere.
Greetz

Support Chat

Old 11.09.2016, 11:18
Black Hole

Or, if you don't have a Google account, turn on the browser loop, which feeds the captcha request through a web browser first and generally gets the same captchas that a normal browser would get. It is a bit more annoying because if you use Firefox it shifts focus and leaves the browser open rather than running in the background, but it does work for avoiding the Reacaptcha V1 impossible captchas that come up with some, but not all, RCv1-fed sites.

Sticky on how to set it up...

https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=63148

Last edited by dabrown; 11.09.2016 at 11:21.
Old 11.09.2016, 11:57
Super Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrown View Post
Or, if you don't have a Google account, turn on the browser loop, which feeds the captcha request through a web browser first and generally gets the same captchas that a normal browser would get. It is a bit more annoying because if you use Firefox it shifts focus and leaves the browser open rather than running in the background, but it does work for avoiding the Reacaptcha V1 impossible captchas that come up with some, but not all, RCv1-fed sites.

Sticky on how to set it up...

**External links are only visible to Support Staff**...
Thanks. So it looks like JD is being detected and is getting sent harder captchas as a punishment.

But in post #31 of that thread, they say turn OFF browser loop. So I am confused. As it's a very long thread, can you maybe direct me to the post you mean?
Old 11.09.2016, 13:28
English Supporter

browser loop != browser solver.
browser loop used for recaptchav1 (when recaptcha.google account isn't provided)
browser solver is used for recaptchav2 (when recaptcha.google account isn't provided and|or phantomJS isn't needed)

When you use recaptcha google account for recaptchav1 we use our old implementation for recaptchav1 this is very bad in my opinion as it degrades quickly, you're better off with browser loop. You can set it up to use in standalone window vs the one you normally use (I use chrome in appmode, opens in single window/tab, does its thing, and auto closes).

Bias is based on loads you generate and also loads on the api key has at the time, these are tracked and determined by google. The cookies (in which the recaptcha.google account provides) has very little influence in my opinion. Since google is in control, we have very little ability to change this bias. We are doing what we can already, I don't see how it can be improved at this time.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 11.09.2016, 14:32
Black Hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
browser loop != browser solver.
browser loop used for recaptchav1 (when recaptcha.google account isn't provided)
browser solver is used for recaptchav2 (when recaptcha.google account isn't provided and|or phantomJS isn't needed)

raztoki

Yes, but the instructions for both are in that thread. Anyhow, to enable the browser loop in default mode, set the BrowserCaptchaSolver: Browser Loop setting in Advanced Settings to Enabled, which it should be by default? Don't know why that setting isn't in the Captcha settings, but anyway if it's disabled you pretty much always get bad captchas.

I did modify my system at one time to use Chrome for the loop, but for a couple hosts (Filejoker and upstore) it would serve about 3 or 4 good captchas and then revert back to crappy ones, as well as timing out "waiting" for the browser for other ones and then getting crap captchas. Using Firefox as the loop browser has rarely done that, but it's much more annoying as it always pops a new tab rather than a new window and forces focus, leaving Firefox focused no matter what you were doing before it looped.
Old 11.09.2016, 17:21
English Supporter

Sorry I don't use firefox (dislike it with passion), though I'm sure you can do a similar thing as chrome app mode, just you would need to find the correct start switches. By the sounds of it chrome for you is system taxing, only reason it would timeout. I've never had issue with browser loop giving bad captchas, then again I don't drive high loads. As for specific sites and bad captchas, that is what I meant by high loads on a given API key. Higher the loads for a given API key would make it harder as they think service is under attack? Yes browser loop is enabled by default, but in the early days for memory their was a dialog which allowed users to disable it. Which resulted in more people complaining about bad captcha quality or the dialog itself (them choosing wrong answer and remember answer).

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]