JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 31.05.2011, 03:29
marion

Default Rapidshare Linkgraber Problem

I'm currently behind the Great Chinese Firewall, so it's possible the problem originated from that. When I try to grab rapidshare links, linkgraber shows "temp. uncheckable" so I don't know whether the files are still online. I have premium account and can download the links fine using ssl, but not without ssl. My guess is the damned Chinese gov. blocked rapidshare. Sometimes it's frustrating to have one file truly down from a set of 50.

It's just a minor problem, and I know it's possible to check links elsewhere. I'm just wondering if jdownloader has some simple solutions because it's still the most reliable links-checker I know.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by Jiaz; 31.05.2011 at 14:57.
Old 31.05.2011, 11:14
remi

If you've an RS premium account and are using a proxy server then jD can't be used at the moment, because RS forced SSL. You can only download without using the proxy server, wait for a jD SSL/proxy solution or try another download tool.
Old 31.05.2011, 11:55
marion

Nah, I'm not using proxy server and I have no problem downloading from rapidshare via ssl using my premium account. My problem is strictly with links-checker (that step BEFORE downloading).
Old 31.05.2011, 11:59
remi

What about some example links and a complete and detailed log?
Old 31.05.2011, 12:15
marion

Example links and log file are not much of use since jdownloader is not defect. When it checks rapidshare links, it checks them in non-ssl status, which because I live behind the notorious Great Chinese Firewall, does not return any result, so it shows "temp. uncheckable". I can download them via secure connection just fine.

Now that I think of it, if I want Jdownloader to check rapidshare links using ssl, other free users are going to have difficulties. Well, I guess I'll have to either VPN my way around the GFW or I'll have to use some website to check the links before I download anything. It's gonna be painful with encrypted links like those on SJ. :( I hope the Chinese rise up and overthrow their crappy Government already.

Thank you for your attention. Please don't worry more about it. It's not jdownloader's problem.

Last edited by marion; 31.05.2011 at 12:21.
Old 31.05.2011, 14:01
remi

Cool

Why don't you use RS's linkchecker on their web site as a workaround?

jD also had a link checker on their website but it was taken off-line. See "Allround LinkChecker Alphatest".

As long as the link checker doesn't use a blocked IP address it should work.

If you overthrow a government Mafia then it'll be replaced by a similar or transformed Mafia.

A society can only change if the majority of a population is convinced that they're treated and behaving like collectives of slaves, working their whole lives for the benefit of some indoctrinating power elites.

I don't expect it to happen soon. The tactics and strategies of power elites have been perfected for hundreds and even thousands of years.
Old 01.06.2011, 02:31
marion

Thank you. My solution is I'll ssh my way around GFW. Checking SJ' RS links one by one will be the death of me because I just got hooked on Tatort. They have additional captcha puzzles and time constraints. The simplest way around that I can find is to use a proxy during the "linkgraber" stage, then switch to proxyless state before beginning downloading. Thanks again for the advice!
Old 01.06.2011, 08:40
JD Manager

thanks for feedback
Old 01.06.2011, 11:35
remi

Cool

@Marion

I read in one of your posts that the abbreviation "VPN" is blocked/censored by the Chinese power elites but what about the word "proxy"? This word must be much more dangerous for them.
Old 06.06.2011, 13:12
marion

These government running dogs aren't exactly savvy with foreign languages, not even English and they are not the brightest bulbs on the Christmas tree. They might never have thought about blocking it. They block the selling of VPN and ssh accounts on the Chinese version of Ebay though. That's what you get when totalitarianism meets market capitalism. But, thanks to market capitalism, as long as you're willing to pay, you can always tunnel through the government firewall. Then there are the free proxy servers set up by great people everywhere.