JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 14.04.2013, 04:43
JD VIP

Default deleting completed links problem

When I press delete on keyboard or right menu

it says

-Do you want to delete selected Downloadlinks.. Be wise etc...

I just to want to remove the links (that already completed) not delete it permanently

Before I was able to but, not since the most recent update it is showing this...

Last edited by madmax2; 15.04.2013 at 13:33.
Old 14.04.2013, 08:39
English Supporter

Right click - Delete works fine. Additional choice is shown if you have the file on disk. Try it with a test link + file on disk.
Old 14.04.2013, 12:27
JD VIP

I have the file on disk which was downloaded completed.

I only want to remove the link from the download list,
not delete the actual file on my hdd.
Old 14.04.2013, 12:57
funonline

Yes, please remove this "Nag"-Screen with "do you want to delete the file on the harddisk" ...

This came with the lastest update - before you just could remove the completed links without any further interaction.

If you want to delete my files ... I don't need JD2 for it ...

Please make this screen optional or remove it completly
Old 14.04.2013, 14:15
Ultra Loader

Why not implement it like this:

Delete - deletes entry in JDownloader but leaves files on HDD
Shift+Delete - deletes entry in JDownloader and deletes files from HDD
(Alt-Delete - deletes entry in JDownloader and moves files into the recycle bin)

The pop-up just annoying to click away each time.
Old 15.04.2013, 13:33
JD VIP

Plus we don't want to delete the actual files that we just downloaded

Else what is the point of downloading and then deleting it from the hdd?

We just want to remove the completed links from the download list like before

==

Please remove this annoying prompt screen everytime we want to delete links
Or give us an option to disable this.

I like it before this recent update.

Last edited by madmax2; 16.04.2013 at 00:08.
Old 18.04.2013, 06:16
JD VIP

bump
Old 18.04.2013, 06:44
Spanish Supporter

For me the option move downloaded files to trash is very usefull, because frecuently I test/download links to check if the plugins are working fine, and when I download those files I just delete they because for me are not useful. And sometimes I download files temporary and the I delete those files.

My sugestion is add an option like "Don't show this again" and you set the option that you like. Or add an advanced option to set what option do you want when you use that function.
Old 18.04.2013, 07:10
English Supporter

GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings.showdeletelinksdialogoption - choose hide always and never delete from hard disk.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JD dialog.jpg (32.7 KB, 2664 views)
Old 18.04.2013, 07:49
Spanish Supporter

Thanks for the information Tony, I didn't seen that because after the last update when the options restart an continue was gone, I have been using another JD2 that hasn't update, because I need to use those options.

That advanced option works perfectly!
Old 19.04.2013, 16:23
funonline

Thanks for adding this option to go back to "normal" again

I only found it under advanced options :
GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings.showdeletelinksdialogoption > HIDE_ALL
Old 21.04.2013, 10:26
JD Beta

In the old JD there was a function 'Remove completed', I have been searching for this this in JD2 and can't find it!?

Also, when I mark several downloads in JD2 and press delete, only one marked download gets deleted!?
Old 23.04.2013, 11:05
JD Manager

So almost everybody happy now?

poul6963:

Remove completed: it is there. just look a bit closer.

Your second report: I cannot verify this. If I mark 3 downloads and press the delete key. All of them are deleted. Please test again and explain exactly what you were doing.
Old 23.04.2013, 18:58
JD Legend

Trying the advanced settings
GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings.showdeletelinksdialogoption
I found that I can read only the text completely, if I increase the Value field.

Please increase the width of the popup to the max possible, when the text is longer than the value field.
Edit:
Mouseover doesn't work in the Value field.
Edit2:
I found mouseover works in the Actions, so at least I can read what is set in Value.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg popup.jpg (16.0 KB, 203 views)

Last edited by bici-boci; 23.04.2013 at 19:26.
Old 24.04.2013, 14:20
suzukigsxr600

Default JDownloader 2 Delete update

Right first thing i can say i have used this for a long time and love it.

BUT I have had a new update in the last week and whoever thought the options changing of the deletiion was a good idea need to be shot....:outch:

when i want to delete its normally from jdownloader only IF i want to delete from my computer i can CHOOSE that myself without JDOWNLOADER thinking its wonderful.

YET the actually problem is i have constantly change the setting have it delete from JDOWNLOADER and keep on computer.

YET Jdownloader changes this on the fly the setting is not remembered.

And SOMETIMES changes it back to delete from JDOWNLOADER and my Computer WHY !!!!!

I have now got to redownload the files i have lost.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE either give an advanced option to permanently set the option if I WANT or change the option back to the OLD solution which was delete (which was JUST from JDOWNLOADER).

I dont mind Updates but this update was of NO USE

I LOVE this program but this was not a useful Update.

Software info: Core #20608
Launcher :#1912
Appwork Utilities : #1631
Browser: #20579
Updater: #368.
Old 24.04.2013, 15:25
JD Manager

It's me who should get shot - according to your post... Thanks for that

However... could you please explain what you mean. give screenshots. I honestly do not understand your problem.

"Remove Link from JDownloader only DO NOT delete anything from harddisk" is the first option in the dropdown list. It is default. And yes. JD does not remember your choice here. Because remembering anything that deletes files from harddisk would be bad.

What language do you use? Maybe there are bad translations? Please give me more information, or show me in Teamviewer what you mean.
Old 24.04.2013, 16:49
suzukigsxr600

Hi Colado

It seems it's you who did not understand as other people do seem to understand what i was implying.

delete downloaded file permanently from harddisk & remove links from jdownloader

keep all downloaded files - just remove links jdownloader

move downloaded files to trash

are the options to delete ???????? why ?

I want it to press delete key on my keyboard and the link in jdownloader to disappear i am an adult and fully understand the ramifications.:whistling:

I have tried to change the options in advanced options (thanks to others for posting jpg option) but i don't have pull down option it does nothing when i click.

this was the case in previous versions.

press the delete key links in jdownloader disappeared thats all i require.

PS.I'm English/UK not English/US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalado View Post

However... could you please explain what you mean. give screenshots. I honestly do not understand your problem.

"Remove Link from JDownloader only DO NOT delete anything from harddisk" is the first option in the dropdown list. It is default. And yes. JD does not remember your choice here. Because remembering anything that deletes files from harddisk would be bad.

What language do you use? Maybe there are bad translations? Please give me more information, or show me in Teamviewer what you mean.

Last edited by suzukigsxr600; 24.04.2013 at 16:51. Reason: grammar
Old 25.04.2013, 04:12
Linkgrabbing Monster

Quote:

"Remove Link from JDownloader only DO NOT delete anything from harddisk" is the first option in the dropdown list. It is default.
the default value changes from container to container. most of the time it is "remove link ..." but sometimes it is "remove from list and harddisk".

Quote:
And yes. JD does not remember your choice here. Because remembering anything that deletes files from harddisk would be bad.
it did present the "remove from harddisk" option occasionally, I lost quite a few files :-(
Old 25.04.2013, 12:51
JD Manager

if SHIFT is pressed, a delete files from harddisk/recycle option is preselected.
otherwise the first one is preselected.

@sumyungguy

Thanks for your feedback. I will review the whole delete action again.
Old 25.04.2013, 13:08
JD Legend

I propose to use submenu for the different deletions, and only one advanced setting : show delete dialog or no.
Maybe
Delete Link only (Del)
Delete Link and File (Ctrl Del)
Delete File only (Shift Del)

I prefer to avoid defaults in advanced settings, everyone can immediately see the possibilities.
Old 24.04.2013, 16:57
JD Manager

Hm. Yes. you are right. It's me who did not understand. That's what I wrote, didn't I?

And this did not change at all.

How to delete:

1. Select a Link
2. Press the Delete key
3. This Dialog appears:

We have these 3 options. The first one is preselected.
4. So all you have to do is
5. Click on the "Delete" Button to confirm.

Result: The Links is gone. The File is still on Your harddisk.

What's wrong with that?
Old 24.04.2013, 16:57
Spanish Supporter

If you only want to delete the links, from your download list, just select the links/packages, press CTRL + the button DEL/SUPR.
Old 24.04.2013, 21:09
DSL Light User

Default Removing every complete link deletes the files

Hi all,

If every download is finished and I select all the completed links and press delete (to remove the completed links, not the files), the program deletes every file from disk despite the: GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings.showdeletelinksdialogoption option setting, which is: HIDE_ALWAYS_AND_NEVER_DELETE_ANY_LINKS_FROM_HARDDISK.

This serious issue had me to re-download quite a few extra Gbs.
Old 25.04.2013, 01:15
ReXTaR

maybe your situation illustrious us with some screenshots ...
adds the record the error before and after the deletion ...
this, in order to get a better idea of how to re-produce the error and corrected it completely ...
greetings and thanks for your feedback ...
Old 25.04.2013, 04:03
Linkgrabbing Monster

yes, that's pretty stupid. what sense does it make to assume that the user already wants to delete files that have just been successfully downloaded?

also, the default value changes from container to container - for example, first container default is "keep files and just remove selected links ...", for the second container it's "delete downloaded files ...".

so, if one just checks the first "are you sure?" dialog, but just keeps clicking "delete" subsequently and assuming that just the links are removed, disaster strikes.

I don't mind re-downloading several GBs, but figuring out which files have accidentially been deleted is sometimes impossible.
Old 25.04.2013, 13:09
JD Manager

Sorry for that.
If you press shift while deleting, this means -> delete my files. Maybe this happened`?
Old 25.04.2013, 16:36
ReXTaR

if I understood well ... since I'm not the Almighty ...

You want sometimes, just delete the links and keep the files ...

But other times, you want to delete the links and delete the files too ...

So if you choose one or the other option of JD2, leave it as the default, if you will get an undesired result with some links / files ...

I do not even want to say it probably will not be watching the robot all the time ...

I think this topic, but started differently, going in the direction of this other topic:
http://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=47586
Old 26.04.2013, 21:10
JD Manager

Thanks everybody for your help.

I found a bug that caused JD think shift/ctrl is pressed even if it was not pressed. (This happens if shift or ctrl is pressed when the JD window looses the fokus.)

Thus the Delete Files From Disk Preselection may be on delete from disk or delete to tray.

So be careful!

I will fix this as soon as possible.

Sorry for all problems.
Old 25.04.2013, 02:13
JD Fan

what's wrong with it, i think everyone is saying, is that it's really annoying having this robot telling you "oh noes! UR tryin 2 delete a link! omgwtf!?" every single time you remove a completed download. i'm really starting to hate that robot...

it was better the way it was before. only maybe one time in 50 do i want to remove the file as well as the link. i used to be able to go in the right-click menu and do "delete and... remove the file". the other 49 times it just quietly did what i wanted.

i know i can set it to "hide if 'ctrl' is not pressed". but now when i want to use the option once in a while, i have to use this unusual hotkey combination that i will never remember, instead of just going in the right-click menu and looking for it, which is much more intuitive. i understand you're trying to clean up the right-click menu, which is good, but i think this one was really not an improvement, as you can see by all the complaints.

by the way, it would have been helpful if that first-time dialog box told you _which_ advanced option you have to change. it took me forever to find it. then it took me forever to figure out that you have to double-click on the drop-down menu first, before you can single-click on it to select the option (someone else above had the same problem but didn't figure it out). so it's actually rather difficult for the average user to turn off this dialog.

one more thing, this new "ctrl" key option is even worse if you have a mac. first, the "delete" key on a mac doesn't work to delete a link in JD. so you have to use the right-click ("context") menu. well, the normal way to access that on a mac has always been to hold the "ctrl" key and click... (but that doesn't work in JD either, so you have to have a two-button mouse, or enable two-finger click on your trackpad, to even use JD). anyway it means that holding the ctrl key as a modifier while selecting something from the context menu is something that no normal mac program would ever do... and no mac user would remember to do, that one time out of 50, unless they wrote it on a sticky note stuck to their desk somewhere.

even if JD was fixed so the "delete" key on the mac worked, i would still prefer to have the "delete and remove file" option back in the right-click menu, rather than having to remember i need to press ctrl-delete instead, which is still for me an unusual hotkey that i probably won't remember.

anyway, don't mean to be all complainy, i just had to come here to figure this out, so i thought i'd give a couple of comments, hope it's helpful.
Old 25.04.2013, 16:40
ReXTaR

lol I hope not to complicate the issue ... but I might suggest that the key command to delete files / links, can be customized for each user, so there will be no complaints from a user or another, saying he does not remember which keys to press ...
Old 25.04.2013, 16:42
JD Manager

There are just too many complains about the new delete dialog. I will review it. There must be something wrong
Old 26.04.2013, 01:44
suzukigsxr600

Yes there is something wrong with the dialog

I think most people me included liked the previous option press the delete key the link in jdownloader disappeared.

If you would like to mess around with it how about

Press "shift+ctrl - caps lock plus / key to delete a file"

or.............. do nothing and let us delete the file directly from our computers.

the reason i complained in the first place was not because by DEFAULT it was keep the file delete the link , it changes randomly from keep the file delete the link to delete the link and file.

thats just annoying and a waste of time period......

As i have said before it is a great program i love it but i do not believe changing something that was not broken was needed to be changed.
Old 26.04.2013, 19:19
Ultra Loader

I've set it to
"HIDE IF CTRL IS NOT PRESSED AND NEVER DELETE ANY LINKS FROM HARDDISK".

I thought that was the most I could get out of it, so every time I pressed the Delete-key it would delete the link but leave the file intact.

If I needed to delete the file, I had to press Ctrl+Delete-keys so that annoying window would pop-up asking me what to do with the link and file (and not remembering that I wanted to delete link+file every single last time, so I had to annyoingly re-select it again).
And this

*insertswearword* would pop-up afterwards too, every single time even though I ticked off the box saying "Don't show this again, I dare you, I double dare you!" (which also happened with other dialogue pop-ups in JD2 for me, it never saved the "never show again"-preference).

So after reading this thread, I find out Shift+Delete does exactly what I want, deleting links+files without any pop-ups coming up.
Great!
But that was seemingly no where or so poorly communicated, maybe it was in a patch note which are a PITA to read through because of how they're structured.
Why are there no separate, continuous change logs for plugin-updates and the program itself instead of this sidebar-mess which forces you to click on another version after every 5 lines of patch notes, lot of them being plugin-updates anyway?

I agree with bici-boci, you need 3 options and there is 1 key + 2 modifier keys easily accessible and I'd prefer it like this:
Delete link only - Delete
Delete link and file - Shift+Delete
Delete file only - Ctrl+Delete

And properly communicated to the end-user.
Optimum would be re-bindable shortcuts, but that's maybe overdoing it.
Just NO pop-ups.

Best regards,
Deuvv

Last edited by Deuvv; 26.04.2013 at 19:35.
Old 13.11.2013, 13:15
madmax2
Message deleted by Lram32. Reason: duplicated post, because one thread was created 52959
Old 24.07.2014, 12:12
CuF

This is marked as solved, but it doesn't feel solved.

I'm completely uncomfortable with 'Delete' as a context option right now.
JD1 you right-clicked, hovered on Delete, and pop there are the 'Delete From List' & 'Delete From List & Disk'. Fast, concise and unambiguous.

At the moment if I select delete in JD2 I have no idea what is going to be removed, or if I'm going to get a robot spewing a paragraph of text at me.

This is not an improvement at all. Why was a change even made?
Old 24.07.2014, 12:58
JD Manager

CuF, because there are many more options than 'Delete From List' & 'Delete From List & Disk', and we cannot put a list of 20 different delete options in the menu.

Feel free to use the menu customizer to change the menu to whatever you want.

Spoiler:

All in all... this is an improvement for me.
Old 24.07.2014, 20:02
CuF

I don't see more than just 'Delete' available to add when customizing.
Certainly not 20 different options.

Last edited by CuF; 24.07.2014 at 23:30.
Old 24.07.2014, 22:10
Community Manager

Why don't you just customize it the way you like it and be fine with that?

GreeZ psp

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 24.07.2014, 23:31
CuF

I would, but the options don't appear to be available in the customize list.
Old 24.07.2014, 23:36
Community Manager

GraphicalUserInterfaceSettings: Rly Warn Level --> HIGH
Try that.

GreeZ psp
EDIT

ell I have it on normal and get the different delete options...

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?