JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 16.07.2017, 19:17
Junior Loader

Default Restore download list from .backup file

Hello. I would have a big problem. In practice I normally closed jdownloader but when I reopened my incomplete download list appeared, indeed, updated two months ago, missing all the links I've added in the last two months. I noticed that they were created in the cfg folder, five downloadlistxxxxx.zip files all created at the same time and all containing the same incomplete download list. I noticed that in the same folder there are files and downloadlistxxxxx.zip.backup with an older number and bigger size bigger than those that have just been created, and I assume that they contain the full list. I tried to rename the following by removing .backup by getting a .zip file but without result, and I even tried to create a new .zip file by extracting the .backup content but the list is left blank. The existence of these .backup files is useful for restoring my download list without missing links? And if they are useful, how can I retrieve the list before this problem occurs?
Thanks
Old 17.07.2017, 19:05
JD Manager

Is the .backup file error free? Can you open it with Archive tool? How big is it?
The creation date of the file tells you how old the .backup file is.
In case it's not too old/big, you can send me the file to support@jdownloader.org and I can try to rescue the data
Old 18.07.2017, 01:40
Junior Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Is the .backup file error free? Can you open it with Archive tool? How big is it?
The creation date of the file tells you how old the .backup file is.
In case it's not too old/big, you can send me the file to support@jdownloader.org and I can try to rescue the data
it is error free. i open it with 7zip. the size is 500mb. Contains many many links:P. it is too big for your proposal xD.
How can i do something? what would you do?

ps. I did the same thing with other smaller .backup files with few links but I get the same results

Last edited by marko117; 18.07.2017 at 01:53.
Old 18.07.2017, 09:47
JD Manager

You have to rename the .backup file to one without .backup and also give it the highest number.
For such a large list, it is very likely that your JDownloader goes out of memory and that's why it fails to load the list.
You should increase max memory in .vmoptions file.
Open it with texteditor and remove any -Xms line
and add a new line with -Xmx2g or -Xmx4g for 2 or 4gb memory.
500MB zip means 10k of 100k of links?!
Old 18.07.2017, 09:59
JD Manager

If you need help with that, please let us know
Old 18.07.2017, 17:30
Junior Loader

I tried this method and it works with small .backup files of 20mb or 50mb but not bigger. But in this way I retrieve an old list a year ago. With those bigger than 70 mb and up to what i need for 500 mb (about 100k link.xD) after i open jdownloader the bar of loading of new links normally appears and at the end of the loading nothing appears. At the same time as this file bar disappears, the file I rename .zip returns to be a .backup file. I noticed that after I close jdownloader, a new file of the list that follows the numbering of the .backup file that I renamed is created, and the size is 1kb, most likely because it does not contain anything. The strange thing about the file about 330mb I mentioned in the first post dating back to months ago works and loads everything. So I think the problem is tied to the .backup file than the heap memory, but it's just theories.
ps. I have reinstalled everything (keeping the cfg folder) by also updating java but i get the same results
Old 18.07.2017, 19:06
JD Manager

Did you increase memory? It is important to provide enough memory
How much memory does your system have?
For 500mb zips I suggest to provide 4 or more GB of memory
-Xmx4g
or
-Xmx6g
Old 18.07.2017, 23:47
Junior Loader

i have 12gb ram.
I tried to set -Xmx with different values ​​to grow even more than 6gb but I get the same result: the .zip file returns to be a .backup file after loading new links at jdownloader startup. Setting with 6g and starting jdownloader the cpu used is about 20% and memory used is 47%.
I noticed that using low-Xmx (-Xmx1g or -Xmx2g) values ​​the loading time for the new links increases drastically, along with the use of the cpu and ram; The time the loading time decreases with values ​​above -Xmx3g.
I'm crazy I do not understand where the problem
Old 19.07.2017, 10:38
JD Manager

The problem is that your List is too heavy to load for not enough memory.
Less memory = more CPU required for memory management.

Try to use -Xmx10g, if that does not work, the zip file might be broken.
I can take a look via Temviewer if you like, just contact us via support@jdownloader.org
Old 19.07.2017, 15:38
Junior Loader

I solved! After opening .backup, I ordered the files in CRC order through 7zip and I noticed some files with CRC equal to 000000 (I assume they are corrupted files). By deleting these .backup files renamed in .zip jdownloader loads the list but contains missing file deleted file listing hangs up to that point. I need to see if retrieving deleted files from other backups resumes the listing properly. In any case, the loading .zip file .zip has been resolved. Thank you for your help and patience. I'll tell you if I can see the entire list by replacing the deleted files.
Old 19.07.2017, 15:44
JD Manager

I will add better support to load .backup files that are broken and import as much as possible.
Old 19.07.2017, 15:46
JD Manager

Old 20.07.2017, 00:34
Junior Loader

Last edited by raztoki; 20.07.2017 at 04:26.