JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 19.03.2023, 14:04
JD Beta

Default Highlight Multiple Files To Change Save To Location

I have a bunch of files in my Link Grabber. When I select them all, and change the folder (Save To) it only changes the last bottom file highlighted and not all I've highlighted. It does the same if i only select certain files or folders. But I'd need to change multiple file locations (ctrl+click) for better organizing. Hope this makes sense lol.
Old 20.03.2023, 13:22
Community Manager

Hi,
probably you've changed the download folder in the bottom properties.
Those only apply for the current/last selected item (and always only for one item).
To change the download destination of multiple packages in one go, mark them -> Rightclick -> Settings -> Set Download Directory

You can also customize that contextmenu and/or add a custom shortcut for this action.

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 20.03.2023, 17:15
JD Beta

That's not very useful if i have 100+ files/folders I'd like to go to certain locations. Say I have season 1 season 2 season 3 and season 4, but I want a folder in another save to location... Your telling me I can't select season 1 and 2 (highlight) and use the bottom save to location and tell it to save just those 2 else where, I need to go through a MENU system just for that? Too many steps if you ask me, especially if there are lots of folders/files i want specifically to go else where. Why can't i just select the folders/files i want to change on the main screen "save to". Doing so it only changes the last selected one so i don't see the point in even having a select-file/highlight, if it works on only 1 file selected. Simply, it is a hassle and a flaw in my opinion, to have to create special command and go through a menu, tedious when there is an option bellow Save TO! right on the screen. I should select what i want and EVERYTHING is accounted for, and change the save to.

Last edited by omega59; 20.03.2023 at 17:17.
Old 20.03.2023, 17:24
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega59 View Post
That's not very useful if i have 100+ files/folders I'd like to go to certain locations.
It actually doesn't matter how many packages you'd want to change the download destination of.
I've told you that you can also define a custom hotkey for this action. The context-menu is just the default way.

Quote:
Say I have season 1 season 2 season 3 and season 4, but I want a folder in another save to location... Your telling me I can't select season 1 and 2 (highlight) and use the bottom save to location and tell it to save just those 2 else where, I need to go through a MENU system just for that?
Correct.

Quote:
Why can't i just select the folders/files i want to change on the main screen "save to".
Because the bottom properties panel is only designed to act on single items.
It is a design choice we made years ago and yes that doesn't mean it's a good one but this is what you need to work with now.

So, coming back to the menu I was talking about - here is two things you could do so you can reach the "Set download directory" action easier:

1. Rightclick anywhere within your downloadlist -> Open Menu Manager -> Now you can add/remove- or rearrange frequently used items the way you prefer to have them.

2. In that same menu editor, you can also select any action and define a custom hotkey/shortcut on the right side inside the menu editor.
If your problem was mine, I'd go that way and define an easy to remember hotkey for this action. In the end this will be even faster to use than the bottom properties panel.

Spoiler:

Quote:

Last edited by pspzockerscene; 20.03.2023 at 17:26. Reason: Improved readability
Old 23.03.2023, 15:25
JD Beta

I guess maybe i don't understand the full functionality. I will play around with it and see how that goes with a hot-key option. Thank you.
Old 23.03.2023, 16:06
Community Manager

Quote:
I guess maybe i don't understand the full functionality.
I think you do and I told you this was a design decision made years ago.
I never stated that it was a good one but I don't see us changing it either.

Spoiler:

Quote: