JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > International Support > JDownloader 2

Old 07.11.2017, 11:44
Wind Gust

Default capcha from browser doesn't work (for me)

There's some downloads where JD2 asks to solve a captcha from the browser. Once upon a time when this happened the captcha dialog was displayed in the browser, and when solved control was given back to JD2.

I say "once upon a time" because in recent updates of my JD2, while control is given to the browser (Firefox in my case), I no longer see the captcha dialog. Instead I see a blank page with the sentence "Important: To solve this kind of captcha, you have to use either the Android app via 'my.jdownloader', or our My.JDownloader browser extension. (Please note: a My.JDownloader is NOT required!)".

So is JD2 now requiring that extension to be installed in the browser? I never needed previously and prefer not to install it now.
Old 07.11.2017, 12:15
noone1

hi,

quick answer as I faced same problem.

for what I understand, yes myjd app is now required in your browser due to some changes in google restrictions (don't ask me more!). So, just go to myjd app site, install the addon for your browser (click firefox app in my case) and it should be good (myjd will take care of the captcha part then JD2 will start dl), except if your browser is not yet supported...
Old 07.11.2017, 16:13
JD Manager

Google has changed their RecaptchaV2 and closed the method we used in order to solve those Captchas.
By help of the browser extension we can provide another method to solve those Captchas. So you either have to install the Browser Extension (Firefox 53+, Chrome or Opera)
https://my.jdownloader.org/apps/ (a MyJDownloader account is NOT required) or use the Android/iOS App for MyJDownloader.
You can read about it here, https://board.jdownloader.org/showthread.php?t=75363
IE, Edge and Safari is not supported, because those do net yet support webextensions. You can install additional browser and setup your JDownloader to use that instead.
Old 09.11.2017, 06:05
Wind Gust

Thanks for the confirmation. I was afraid that was the answer. That leaves me out since I still use Firefox 48.0.2 because that's the last FF I can use on my Mac and the MyJDownloader addon is not compatible with that version.

I will just have to do such downloads in the browser if I am desperate enough to use the sites that cause this problem. Fortunately there's usually alternatives.

Thanks.
Old 09.11.2017, 08:25
JD Manager

Once Marco will be back from his holidays, he will check if it is possibly to create an extension compatible with firefox 48, but I can't promise it
Old 15.11.2017, 04:40
Wind Gust

That would be great. I think I have a way (maybe - untested) of bypassing the code signing if ho doesn't post it to Firefox AMO (addon site).
Old 15.11.2017, 09:24
JD Manager

@xyzzy-xyzzy:
If possible, we will release an additional or compatible version for FF 48 as well. You're not the only one that is still using old FF