JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Go Back   JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH > International Support > JDownloader 2

Old 24.10.2014, 05:37
Ultra Loader

Default Basic Authentication links - Error Occurred - File Not Found

I have several sites with Basic Authentication. Usually it works fine, but occasionally something will happen and all the links will say "error occurred - file not found." I've tried right-clicking -> resume/reset but it keeps saying the same thing. I can go back to any of the sites, get the link again, and it will work fine, but this is rather frustrating when I have a long list like right now.

I think I uploaded the right log: http://jdownloader.org/pastebin/131886
Old 24.10.2014, 07:50
English Supporter

The log shows that you got: Response 403 Forbidden.
Maybe the links have expiration time.
Have you tried "Open in browser" for any of those links?
Old 24.10.2014, 09:03
Ultra Loader

Links definitely don't have an expiration time on the sites; links stay up permanently and members can download any time.

Tried "open in browser" and it just takes me to a blank page. I went and got one of those links and tried "open in browser" on it. It also took me to a blank page but the file started downloading automatically in my browser.

Don't know if it's relevant, but I never have this problem with the plugin in/premiums sites, only the "basic authentication" ones.
Old 24.10.2014, 09:48
English Supporter

think there is a bug in jd 0.9 core, which causes that issue.

I would recommend that you try with JD2 see if it resolves your issue.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 24.10.2014, 10:36
English Supporter

If the link that failed and the link that you recopied are really exactly the same, JD will consistently fails to download that same link. The link has token.

To proof that, you need to copy those links from JD and paste to notepad to compare, or "Open in browser".

If open in browser gets a blank page, you need to customize "User interface - Download link address display", drag the "Data" to the top of the list.
Old 24.10.2014, 11:05
English Supporter

eek already using JD2, just checked the pastebin to see JD2 jdlog://

do you have 'settings > Basica Auth' setup for that given sub/domain?

it's not requesting with Basic Auth. The only other time it would do if plugin detects basic auth requirement, it could prompt you for manual entry.

please private message me your basic auth user:pass along with places to find example links and I'll have a look at this for you.

Old 24.10.2014, 21:10
Ultra Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony2long View Post
If the link that failed and the link that you recopied are really exactly the same, JD will consistently fails to download that same link. The link has token.
OK, I just did this check and, indeed, the links aren't the same. Using one example, the one I originally copied was:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

And the new one was:

**External links are only visible to Support Staff****External links are only visible to Support Staff**

So, yes, the "token" changes. Is there nothing I can do about this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
please private message me your basic auth user:pass along with places to find example links and I'll have a look at this for you.
Will do.
Old 25.10.2014, 02:39
English Supporter

Paste that failed link (copy from JD) to browser, you will see how it fails also.
You can ask them how long that token stay valid and start download before it expires.

Maybe Raztoki will make a plugin for you...
Old 25.10.2014, 11:44
English Supporter

my conclusion is
- basic auth isn't needed for downloads, only for html. We don't have any plugins for these sites so it wont be a problem..
- all downloads from the one site I looked at, have session info in url and this is what's causing your problem as its expiring by the time it adds to the time of download. I assume its time based and maybe even IP based.

Now if you can not manage downloads before they expire I would recommend that you setup package customiser rules for those domains. Enable higher priority than default, and auto confirm and auto start downloads etc.

If you can still not manage to download content quick enough before issues occur, we can make plugins which would mean it would get new link with valid token etc. But package customiser rules should help, for short term. Please give some feedback

raztoki

Old 25.10.2014, 22:17
Ultra Loader

Those sites do auto-log me out after a certain period of time: I've always assumed it was 24 hours. It seems strange that the "tickets" would be expiring so quickly as I encountered this problem within a few hours of grabbing the links. Perhaps I'm logged out whenever my browser closes?

RE "customiser rules," I tend to grab a lot of links from those sites at once and then just run them until completed. IE, I don't have anything else from any other sites downloading before them, so they're already highest priority. Perhaps I could start them all simultaneously? That would be slow as hell, though. I think I already have them set for auto-confirm and auto-start.

Plugins would be very nice. I'll try some customize stuff ASAP.

One separate issue I'm having: I haven't been able to update JD2 in a while. It says "Could not find the main class: Files\Jdownloader. Program will exit." Should an uninstall/reinstall fix this?
Old 26.10.2014, 02:15
English Supporter

close jd2, try deleting core.jar and start jdownloader.jar, it should perform a full update.

raztoki

Old 27.10.2014, 23:41
Ultra Loader

That did fix the update problem. Thanks.