JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Notices

Old 21.06.2018, 04:45
Bandwidth Beast

Default Lost last 3 months of downloads on my DL list

Not sure what happened, but I booted up my PC, jdownloader started, did an update, then I was missing all my DL links since March. Not sure if the update did something or last night I somehow selected a bunch of links and hit delete.

Either way, I'd like to restore my list to yesterday. Is there an easy way to do this? I'm able to access a backup I have of my C drive from yesterday if need be.

Edit: Crisis averted! I was able to look up an old tutorial and restore from a backup. I am curious if possibly something in this newest update could have causes this issue? ..or maybe it was just my clumsiness.

Last edited by heydoh; 21.06.2018 at 04:57.
Old 21.06.2018, 10:52
JD Manager

Updates of JDownloader do not clear the lists. In case there would be an error while loading list from disk, JDownloader will automatically create a .backup file that can be loaded/restored later. The list is loaded all or nothing.
I can't tell what exactly has happened. Just wild guesses like accidentally selected/deleted parts of the list or hit the clear list button, I don't know.

But luckily you were able to restore the list by yourself
Old 25.06.2018, 21:24
Blue90

i lost my links too -.- a few days ago... and NOW.. again.. after a patch.... damn...
Old 26.06.2018, 11:58
JD Manager

Updates don't touch/clear the linklist. JDownloader keeps several copies of the linklists in cfg folder. Whenever there are issues with loading the list, a copy will be kept with .backup file extension. Please check your cfg folder for such links.

Loading issues can be caused by Firewall/Av in case they *think* that the list(zip) contains something *bad* or there are too many links in list and JDownloader runs out of memory. In that case you have to allow more memory to java.

In case there are no .backup files, then either the files got deleted by Firewall/AV or you've cleared list accidently by button/hotkey. In case there are .backup files, you can still restore/rescue them.
Old 02.07.2018, 14:27
Giga Loader

I solved this by deleting all *.zip files on cfg folder EXCEPT the last known "downloadList*.zip" file which Iknow it is correct
all things back again as usual

Last edited by kov_123; 02.07.2018 at 14:51.
Old 02.07.2018, 17:05
JD Manager

Thanks for the feedback! You should check the available memory in your about dialog if JDownloader. the last number of the shown 3 should at least be 512mb. In case your list is longer you should increase available memory to avoid same issue happen again