JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 17.07.2010, 05:25
JD English Support (inactive)

Bill,
The bottom line is that until JDownloader has a much better database implementation any ideas about improved cataloging, tags, categories, or assuming that links can be kept forever are just not practical. Without thousands of links, you don't need any kind of cataloging or categories, except if they are use to select the "save directory".

Few users will have thousands of links around until a history mechanism is implemented.

Those of us with special needs also have special understanding and can use package naming (not creating mega-packages because they are related). Will do the trick.

One thing that can help with archives to the use %ARCHIVENAME% as the subdirectory into which to save files expanded from RARs. Right now, moving the results of an unrar to a specific directory is part of unrar (a program we call). I am hoping that we will have the same settings for all files in the future.
Old 17.07.2010, 20:24
shashu999

i dont know if this is the right thread and i'm a noob in java or how jd works,
i use jd every single day and i usually have thousands of links in packages for future download, packages includes files like movies, music,anime,games etc,and they gets mixed up and really hard to find the files needed in thousands of links, so as a suggestion is it possible to add a function like adding tabs[with giving names for each tabs] . after moving the links from linkgrabber to download and then moving the links to desired tab:). for ex: tabs would be like

Old 18.07.2010, 13:54
remi

Please, read my post #31 or "Download filetypes to specific folders".
Old 19.07.2010, 01:00
Mcnammara

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbits View Post
Bill,
The bottom line is that until JDownloader has a much better database implementation any ideas about improved cataloging, tags, categories, or assuming that links can be kept forever are just not practical. Without thousands of links, you don't need any kind of cataloging or categories, except if they are use to select the "save directory".

Few users will have thousands of links around until a history mechanism is implemented.

Those of us with special needs also have special understanding and can use package naming (not creating mega-packages because they are related). Will do the trick.

One thing that can help with archives to the use %ARCHIVENAME% as the subdirectory into which to save files expanded from RARs. Right now, moving the results of an unrar to a specific directory is part of unrar (a program we call). I am hoping that we will have the same settings for all files in the future.
===> Friend Bill,

This way we are not going to get anything for the time being. We are going to work in his initial idea of developing add-on for creation of tab for historical.
You idealized besides the expectations, something very complex for DB of the JD. Think in developing of beginning something more simple, with a single tab for drag-drop of the already lowered links., and then to evolve into future complexities.

" Hard bone of gnawing ", eh!

Embraces

Last edited by Mcnammara; 19.07.2010 at 01:11.
Old 19.07.2010, 09:09
JD English Support (inactive)

I have started a new thread Ideas for Streamlining Data Storage for ideas about data storage and what should be stored.

For example, anything having to do with a usable history (not just a list), means that it has to be in the database. We can have a separate tab for already downloaded (lowered?) links, but that isn't really as good as having JD search that tab when new links are added; tell you it is a duplicate of something you downloaded earlier; and be able to take you to the Assembly, which would show the final location that the data downloaded and extracted was placed (of course, it might not still be there).

It would also be nice to be able to move the results of an assembly from inside JD. these and other ideas should be in the new data storage thread.

Please participate

Last edited by drbits; 20.07.2010 at 08:32.
Old 19.07.2010, 15:05
Videophile II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Actually, I don't know much about how Videophile II works. When I tried Videophile II, the interface didn't really match my intended usage model.

Aah, I see - thought you were a VP2 power-user; could do with a few more of them at my forum....