JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 26.10.2014, 02:25
phil_ga

Default Suggestion - Set daily download limits for each package

Thanks for an amazing program I use every day. And all the effort that goes into keeping it alive and current.

I find that with my various premium accounts at multiple fileshare site takes a lot of management that JD2 might be able to do for me.

Specifically, most fileshare sites have daily DL limits and these can be quite restrictive (eg 20GB for K2S and 50 GB for NF). To deal with this I currently need to package my DLs into sets that can be handled once a day within that limit (based on the fact that JD sums the files in each package for me - thanks!). Then from work I have to remote home to start them at the particular time of day when the counter re-sets (typically midnight in Europe somewhere, but late morning here). There can be many more packages queued and disabled, just waiting to be re-enabled the next day or the next.

So my suggestion should now be obvious - Could we set a specific daily download limits for each package. eg put 100 GB of files into "Package for K2S" and have it DL to a preset limit every 24 hours. eg DL 19.5 GB starting at noon each day, and then stop. Start again the next day on the next 19.5 Gb, etc).

Thanks for listening..
Old 26.10.2014, 03:06
English Supporter

why exactly is there a need to micromanage packages (enable/disable)? JD will download from either 'account based downloads, based on priority, queue order'. JD will download from those hosts with account assuming traffic is left. It will then switch to free mode assuming you haven't disabled action in account usage rules.

I really don't see the point in disabling packages when JD entire design is to process queue order in logical manner (see above) at the core. The only time it wouldn't obey queue process order is when you have not enough space on disk for given download, or your traffic allowance could only start smaller size file vs larger one. To me this is desired behaviour as it still uses your daily quota to the fullest, which means high progress rate of queue. Disabling/enabling yourself actually would slow your over all queue progress down!

If free mode is disabled for that given hoster, and assuming there are no other downloads from other hosters that could be started, JD would 'Stop'.

Account manager does updates every ~30minutes so JD should automatically tell when you have traffic left. If you know when the hoster account traffic reset happens each day, I would recommend that you create scheduler rules enable account && start download queue at given time.

If you use JD functions to its intended design behaviour, instead of been micro managed you wouldn't have these issues. But maybe I am missing the point?

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]

Last edited by raztoki; 26.10.2014 at 04:39. Reason: changed couple setences. same over all context.
Old 26.10.2014, 04:21
phil_ga

Thanks for the reply.

Finding the "intended design behaviour" is often challenging in reference to JD2 for anything beyond the basics. Scheduler is one example I had to give up on after hours of fruitless trials in the past (yes, it may just be me, but it drove me batty).

I do not desire to micro-manage anything, but JD2 switches to free mode when the paid account is used up for the day. So, in part resolution to my initial comment, how does one disable the free download? In Settings -> Plugins I can find no such option? I already have checked "Use accounts to download"
Old 26.10.2014, 04:30
English Supporter

to disable freemode for a given hoster
settings > account manager > account usage rules (second tab) > add rule for 'given hoster', uncheck the free method.

raztoki

Old 26.10.2014, 04:38
phil_ga

Thanks, I would never have found that.

Ok, after I click add then 'continue' with any of my hosters selected, the dialogue box disappears and nothing appears in the Usage Rules list. ie nothing happens and no options appear. What am I missing?
Old 26.10.2014, 04:44
English Supporter

add dialog should give you place to type hostername and/or select from drop down
then when you click continue it should open another dialog with list of possible download candidates, of which free non account method is one of them. all you should have todo is deselect that checkbox and click the save button. It should then add rule, and that's all you need todo.

raztoki

Old 26.10.2014, 04:50
phil_ga

Sorry, nope, no 'other' dialogue. I can clearly see what you say should happen, but does not.
Add dialogue lets me choose a hoster ok, then either continue or cancel. The problem is after that point. Both choices give the same result - nothing. The box disappears with no further menus options dialogues or anything. (As far as I can tell I have the latest JD2 version in use).

Maybe some other setting I used over-rides this? I have no idea why I don't see the dialogue you suggest. I tried all 4 of my hosters and tried shutting down DLs while doing this.

Last edited by phil_ga; 26.10.2014 at 04:54.
Old 26.10.2014, 05:00
English Supporter

can we teamview? I'll be around for another hour before I have to head out.

Jump our online chat and find myself and ask for Teamviewer session

Old 26.10.2014, 19:21
phil_ga

Seems this was a bug. Fixed by raztoki on the latest update. Now working as described. thanks
Old 26.10.2014, 19:30
Community Manager

Okay.
And about your limit-feature-request:
I'd say "declined":
Your request has been declined!

What does this mean?
  • Officially your request will not be done by us, JDownloader Development Team.
So my request will never be done?
  • Well maybe, just not by us at this particular time.
  • JDownloader is a Open Source Project, this allows you/friends/others to implement support. If support benefits others, please consider submitting source code for inclusion into JDownloader.
  • If you're able to code in Java and are interested in participating, check out our getting started guide!
---
Deine Anfrage wurde abgelehnt!

Was bedeutet das?
  • Offiziell wird deine Anfrage nicht vom JDownloader Entwickler Team umgesetzt.
Also wird meine Anfrage niemals umgesetzt?
  • Naja vielleicht schon, aber nicht von uns und nicht in absehbarer Zeit
  • JDownloader ist ein Open Source Projekt, was bedeutet, dass Du/Freunde/andere jederzeit eigenen Code beisteuern können. Falls die Allgemeinheit von diesem oder anderen selbst eingebauten Features profitieren würde, zögert nicht und schickt uns euren Code.
  • Falls du die Programmiersprache Java beherrschst, schau dir unsere Entwickler Anleitung an!

GreeZ pspzockerscene

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?