JDownloader Community - Appwork GmbH

Old 13.05.2020, 14:58
I will play nice!

Default Prioritize largest package in queue

I would like a setting that always prioritize the largest package/file in the download queue (as long as manual prioritization is not set on any file). As it is now download order is based on in which order the files where added to the queue.

Use case:
Download quota 5 GB/day
Download queue:
File A – 1 GB
File B – 2 GB
File C – 3 GB
File D – 4 GB

Result today:
Day 1 downloaded File A, File B
Day 2 downloaded File C
Day 3 downloaded File D

Preferred result:
Day 1 downloaded File D, File A
Day 2 downloaded File C, File B

Any way of achieving this?
Old 13.05.2020, 15:05
Community Manager

Hi,

for this specified wish I recommend you to use an EventScripter script.

-psp-

Erste Schritte & Tutorials || JDownloader 2 Setup Download
Spoiler:

A users' JD crashes and the first thing to ask is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiaz View Post
Do you have Nero installed?
Old 13.05.2020, 18:13
JD Manager

I also recommend to use Eventscripter and script to reorder the links to be in *group* of 5GB size.
Ask mgpai for help as he's our script master! *of the universe*
Old 13.05.2020, 20:09
I will play nice!

Ok, I will post this as a feature request in the Eventscripter thread instead.

Just to clarify, the 5GB was just an example to show why this functionality is needed. Actual quota will differ depending on host, how much is already used up that day etc. The feature request is only to have "sort by size" and download in that order.
Old 13.05.2020, 21:30
English Supporter

you can already do that in some manner with clicking the size column in linkgrabber to invert package (highest to lowest). Else you can use the right click function inside package at individual level. Add links to download tab will preserve that order.
Now the download tab sorting of packages is on entry to queue, oldest (top), newest (bottom), if you want to sort download queue you can click ctrl + size and this will invert the entire queue based on size. note: this will destroy your current order, and no way of reverting (assuming its not on date added). If you are going todo this here, you really do not need todo this within linkgrabber! The only downside is this is not automated, you need to do the ctrl click each time you add links or every now and then if you're fine with the current order.

If you want more control in automation manner, event scripter script might be the way to go.

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 14.05.2020, 10:24
I will play nice!

Yes, I can sort by size in the download window, but that only give a visual representation, the actual download process will continue to pick files by the order they where added, not by the order they are presently sorted. How do you get the actual download order to follow the selected sorting order?

If this worked it would actually be a more general solution to my request, because you could prioritize download order based not only by size but also by title, host or what ever. But so far I'm not able to figure out how you get the actual download order to follow the visual sorting that I see in the queue window?
Old 14.05.2020, 10:58
English Supporter

Hi Kermit, if you click the column without ctrl it will be just a display/view order (the column will also be shaded a different colour), and not a back end order. You need to ctrl + left click column name if you want the back order change of all downloads (as its dangerous and people use to click by mistake and destroy there organisation). This is a once off event, and new downloads are added bottom of the queue.

I dont believe you can reorder queue position by the event scripter methods/calls... but eventscripter can call/access the my.jd api which should allow position changes. So this is possible.

Alternatively instead of messing with queue order and use JD in the normal manner (new links at the bottom of teh queue) and create a simple script to scan all entries (enabled && isnotfinished) for the largest filesize either at the 'package level package and adjust files within the package to have a higher priority' or 'scan for the largest files only and priority them highest.

raztoki

Don't fight the system, use it to your advantage. :]
Old 14.05.2020, 18:05
I will play nice!

Thanks raztoki, that worked!

It is an easy fix, and perfectly enough for me! Only thing is that it's not automatic, so new files are still added at the bottom, but that's something I can live with.

Big thanks!
Old 05.05.2021, 03:47
Modem User

Quote:
Originally Posted by raztoki View Post
Hi Kermit, if you click the column without ctrl it will be just a display/view order (the column will also be shaded a different colour), and not a back end order. You need to ctrl + left click column name if you want the back order change of all downloads (as its dangerous and people use to click by mistake and destroy there organisation). This is a once off event, and new downloads are added bottom of the queue.

I dont believe you can reorder queue position by the event scripter methods/calls... but eventscripter can call/access the my.jd api which should allow position changes. So this is possible.

Alternatively instead of messing with queue order and use JD in the normal manner (new links at the bottom of teh queue) and create a simple script to scan all entries (enabled && isnotfinished) for the largest filesize either at the 'package level package and adjust files within the package to have a higher priority' or 'scan for the largest files only and priority them highest.

raztoki
Many thanks boss